PDA

View Full Version : Tertiary Education!

blackmage_nuke
12-03-2010, 11:17 AM
So i thought when I got to University wild things would happen like I'd be offered pot and would have to decide whether I would take the riteous road and refuse or the adventurous road and experiment. But it's been two years no one has ever offered me pot! (I later realised the arts degree students get all the weed)

Topic: Does/did uni/college live up to your expectations?

kotora
12-03-2010, 12:14 PM
I thought it would be like in American movies, with lots of parties and booze and horny chicks and american football and interesting people and even interesting studystuff

I was wrong

Alive-Cat
12-03-2010, 12:20 PM
I've decided my route in life won't involve any sort of university shenanigans, my route in life will be the route of the townie, the hanger on, mooching off my university friend and living in his student dorm. I'll keep my thousands, thanks. :greenie:

Peegee
12-03-2010, 02:21 PM
I've decided my route in life won't involve any sort of university shenanigans, my route in life will be the route of the townie, the hanger on, mooching off my university friend and living in his student dorm. I'll keep my thousands, thanks. :greenie:

And look at you r children asl

Uni taught me that when you are done all the single ladies are insane

escobert
12-03-2010, 04:36 PM
I got wasted every day. Did lots of stupid things with my friends and in general had a great time. Yup it was just what I expected.

Bunny
12-03-2010, 04:53 PM
There has not been a single day in the last two years where I wasn't offered drugs by someone.

Shlup
12-04-2010, 03:38 AM
I get all my drugs by my friends who didn't go to college. Surprise!

Clo
12-04-2010, 05:09 PM
There has not been a single day in the last two years where I wasn't offered drugs by someone.

This.

Madame Adequate
12-04-2010, 05:23 PM
I would have had no trouble getting drugs, and was offered weed, coke, PCP, e, and amphetamines at least once. A lot more than once except in the case of PCP. Never took any, booze was enough for me.

Uni was pretty much way more awesome than I was expecting and I severely miss it because good times in all regards.

Yar
12-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Through out middle school/high school all I heard my teachers complain about what how difficult college was.

This semester, I pretty much ditched all my classes, barely studied at all, and my GPA still is higher than 3.0 even for this semester.

The only class I really study for is Japanese. Even then, it's not that difficult, as long as you apply yourself. My teachers must have been morons.

Peegee
12-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Through out middle school/high school all I heard my teachers complain about what how difficult college was.

This semester, I pretty much ditched all my classes, barely studied at all, and my GPA still is higher than 3.0 even for this semester.

The only class I really study for is Japanese. Even then, it's not that difficult, as long as you apply yourself. My teachers must have been morons.

See when I was in university and when I hear stories like this I would agree and go 'yeah! f-- the system!'

Now I would tell you that if you can piss through the course and get a 3.0 you can study and get a 3.7+ and qualify for some scholarships.

Just saying =/

ps I'm old

Yar
12-09-2010, 01:29 AM

See when I was in university and when I hear stories like this I would agree and go 'yeah! f-- the system!'

Now I would tell you that if you can piss through the course and get a 3.0 you can study and get a 3.7+ and qualify for some scholarships.

Just saying =/

ps I'm old

You are old.

Even if I were to get a 3.7 for a semester, it wouldn't affect my scholarship. I already get the most I can from this institution.

I probably should try harder just to raise my GPA, but I'm just lazy.

Kirobaito
12-09-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm pretty sure one of my roommates sophomore year was a drug dealer.

Rye
12-09-2010, 10:08 PM
I love college. As of last semester I had a 3.9 GPA. It looks that that will be about what I have finishing up this semester.

This is my third university I've been to, and it's the first time I've lived at home and commuted, while holding a job. It was hard, but I think I enjoy this more, to be honest. I think I sowed my wild oats and now I'm comfortable to be home.

Ouch!
12-09-2010, 10:47 PM
I attend the University of Miami.

We go north to South Beach.

Bunny
12-09-2010, 10:53 PM
That's one of the schools I might go to next fall.

Heath
12-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Third year at the University of York. Not looking forward to leaving. Hoping to do a law conversion course (GDL/LPC) or a Masters degree, though probably the former. Though that's quite contingent upon me finding a law firm to sponsor me, because I can't afford to do either, really!

Old Manus
12-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Expensive, especially when paying entirely out of own pocket