PDA

View Full Version : Bridalplasty

Jessweeee♪
12-03-2010, 05:33 PM
So uh, has anyone watched this? It's basically a reality show where a bunch of ladies that are about to be married compete for free plastic surgery, and the person who has the most plastic surgery gets their dream wedding :confused:

Bunny
12-03-2010, 08:28 PM
SMELLS LIKE AMERICA

Shlup
12-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Can't argue with Bunny on this one. Holy :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Seraphic
12-03-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm confused.
They are competing for more plastic surgery and a dream wedding,and all they have to do is have alot of plastic surgery?

Miriel
12-03-2010, 10:02 PM
I get nauseated whenever I see a commercial for this show. Seriously disturbing.

Del Murder
12-03-2010, 10:04 PM
This is why the rest of the world hates us.

kotora
12-03-2010, 10:40 PM
it's ridiculous because they didn't even pick ugly women that could've actually benefited from these surgeries

Del Murder
12-04-2010, 12:37 AM
Wait are you serious? These women aren't even ugly?

blackmage_nuke
12-04-2010, 12:41 AM
So how do they determine who has "the most" plastic surgery? Is it by cost? By mass of silicon/botox/assfat? Lypo suction will take kilos off but does it beat a boob job and face lift which adds a kilo?

Del Murder
12-04-2010, 12:48 AM
Maybe it's by incision count.

Jessweeee♪
12-04-2010, 12:48 AM
Oh uh, they do typical reality show challenges and everybody who passes a round gets plastic surgery. The last remaining gets the dream wedding. So the last remaining will have had the most plastic surgery. They aren't judged based on the amount of surgery they had. None of them are super ugly, some of them could afford to lose a few pounds is all.

Well the former Biggest Loser contestant is pretty ugly. She's so oraaaange. Everyone else just ranges from normal looking to fake orange tan.

kotora
12-04-2010, 12:56 AM
Wait are you serious? These women aren't even ugly?

http://lizardlou.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/t1larg-bridalplasty-e.jpg

none of these women are ugly enough to require plastic surgery at all

Jessweeee♪
12-04-2010, 12:59 AM
Some of them uglied themselves by spending too much time at the tanning booth. You'd think they'd learn :confused:

kotora
12-04-2010, 01:01 AM
Some of them uglied themselves by spending too much time at the tanning booth. You'd think they'd learn :confused:

I'm pretty sure that girl was actually born black

Shlup
12-04-2010, 01:13 AM
Holy:bou::bou::bou::bou:balls. There is nothing right about this.

Madame Adequate
12-04-2010, 04:14 PM
This show is unmitigated, undiluted genius. I can think of few things I would rather watch than people doing completely stupid, inane, even dangerous things because of their own baseless insecurities and/or quest for 15 minutes of fame. And being total bitches as well, or so I hear.

It is a thing of beauty and I will hear nothing said against it. :colbert:

Rye
12-04-2010, 04:17 PM
WHAT

Seraphic
12-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Don't they need time to heal between challenges?
Are they superhuman or something?

Clo
12-04-2010, 04:57 PM
But people will watch it. And love it.

:|

Pheesh
12-05-2010, 04:19 AM
I assume the husbands are chained up and gagged in a dingy FOX (or whoever) basement while this is going on.

EDIT: Or cheering from their mobile homes.

DMKA
12-05-2010, 06:53 PM
The show follows 12 engaged "women" who are competing for the wedding of their dreams and their dream plastic surgery procedure. Each woman would have to complete a plastic surgery wish list. The women would have to complete wedding theme challenges in order to win the surgery of her choice. The winner of the week's challenge will get one plastic surgery procedure from her wish list.

The winner of the competition will get a wedding of her dreams and multiple plastic surgery from her wish list. The fiance would not see his fiancee until the wedding day, when the bride reveals her new look.

I was a much happier human being five minutes ago when I had never heard of this show.

Levian
12-05-2010, 07:29 PM
I can't help but feel sorry for their husbands, unless they're equally stupid.

Del Murder
12-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Well they chose these hos, so they probably are.

DMKA
12-06-2010, 04:16 AM
I'm positive all these marriages will be long lasting ones too.

Shlup
12-06-2010, 07:16 AM
I can't find the first episode anywhere, but I hear ratings were well under a million for the premiere. I watched a clip on Hulu and it was like a fucking parody of reality. I... I can't even. They were all going to try and do a puzzle to win entry to an "injectables party." AHHH!

DMKA
12-06-2010, 09:07 PM
I can't find the first episode anywhere, but I hear ratings were well under a million for the premiere. I watched a clip on Hulu and it was like a fucking parody of reality. I... I can't even. They were all going to try and do a puzzle to win entry to an "injectables party." AHHH!

What exactly is an "injectables party"? Is that like a Tupperware party but the Tupperware is boob implants and botox?

Jessweeee♪
12-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Anything that can be done with a syringe I guess?

Madame Adequate
12-06-2010, 10:12 PM
In all seriousness could someone encapsulate exactly why this is so awful and why it's so much worse than the myriad of other utterly vapid reality shows out there?

kotora
12-06-2010, 10:26 PM
In all seriousness could someone encapsulate exactly why this is so awful and why it's so much worse than the myriad of other utterly vapid reality shows out there?

cause plastic surgery is kinda ew, unless it's for people who really need it. But it just looks nasty and fake on women who don't have any physical deformities.

Shlup
12-06-2010, 10:36 PM

Most of the other anti-America propaganda that we ourselves put out into TV land are just following around :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty people in their daily lives. The only other bad 'game show' style ones are the bachelor and its spin-offs. For some reason I just think the game show format makes it far worse.

This show... I mean, just watch one of the clips! It's women fighting each other for plastic surgeries! And screaming about their perfect wedding day! It's like the most vapid aspects of every other reality show put into one. It's like Bad TV Concentrate.

Bunny
12-06-2010, 10:43 PM

Precisely because there are so many other vapid reality shows out there.

escobert
12-06-2010, 11:18 PM
All I know is the bad girls club > all other reality shows!

Peegee
12-07-2010, 06:06 PM
I get nauseated whenever I see a commercial for this show. Seriously disturbing.

http://www.krynnwoman.com/Images/Image-RaistlinMad-Elmore.jpg

I don't know. It looks like the woman Raistlin is about to seduce (well, Raistlin doesn't really need to seduce women; they're already willing) has had rhinoplasty and other such nonsense applied to her.

I think if women can feel happy with themselves if they get cosmetic enhancement surgery, it's a good thing.

Madame Adequate
12-07-2010, 07:28 PM
See, that's my point too. My gut reaction is "Oh my god what the HELL" but when I think about it, that's only based on a reflexive judgment that plastic surgery is 'bad' or shouldn't be competed for or whatever. Contrary to popular belief cosmetic surgery very often does cause people to feel better about themselves. It can't deal with an underlying illness but if someone just wants to change something it's another story.

I don't have a rational argument against this show. I feel that it is tacky, but I can't really come up with a cohesive reason that competing for cosmetic surgery is any worse than competing for a holiday or a new car or $100,000.

Pheesh
12-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Is Raistlin air-guitaring?

Shlup
12-09-2010, 09:14 PM
See, that's my point too. My gut reaction is "Oh my god what the HELL" but when I think about it, that's only based on a reflexive judgment that plastic surgery is 'bad' or shouldn't be competed for or whatever. Contrary to popular belief cosmetic surgery very often does cause people to feel better about themselves. It can't deal with an underlying illness but if someone just wants to change something it's another story.

I don't have a rational argument against this show. I feel that it is tacky, but I can't really come up with a cohesive reason that competing for cosmetic surgery is any worse than competing for a holiday or a new car or $100,000.

Is this another one of those instances where you're entire point is that your own feelings aren't valid? I feel this show is tacky and shallow and full of classless airheads. And that's the point of the thread, to discuss our feeeeeeeeeeelings.

There is nothing morally wrong, logically, with being a tacky airhead, but my horror and nausea is still valid. I am better than these people, so totally deal.

http://www.krynnwoman.com/Images/Image-RaistlinMad-Elmore.jpg

I don't know. It looks like the woman Raistlin is about to seduce (well, Raistlin doesn't really need to seduce women; they're already willing) has had rhinoplasty and other such nonsense applied to her.
Raistlin isn't seducing her, he's, like domestically abusing her for daring to want his body. He dies a virgin (does so does so that one time didn't happen), which I'm sure is why Wesley choose him for interwebs moniker.

NorthernChaosGod
12-13-2010, 07:06 AM
I hope they're all very susceptible to anesthesia.