PDA

View Full Version : FFVERSUSXIII IN 2011 & PLAYSTATION AWARDS 2010!

nirojan
12-03-2010, 08:10 PM
OMG so last night i stayed up till 2:30AM to watch the Playstation awards live from Japan on USTREAM and the awards ended at about 4:00, then we had to wait 30 minutes for The Interviews of the winners and it ended at about 5:00. The entire thing was in Japanese so some of the bilinguals who were on helped us by translating important bits.

Here's the run down:
Tonight at 2:30am EST (4:30pm Japan time) was the USTREAM run of the Sony Playstation Awards 2010.

Here are the winners-

Playstation Network Awards:

* Wizardry
* Hatsune Miku Project Diva – Apend Miku
* After Burner Climax
* Hatsune Miku Project Diva – Dreamy Theater
* Toro Station

User Choice Awards:
(These were voted on by online poll from Sony’s website.)

* Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
* Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
* Monster Hunter Portable 2G (Unite) (PSP)
* Biohazard 5 Alternative Version (PS3)
* Demon’s Souls (PS3)
* Yakuza 4 (PS3)
* God of War III (PS3)
* Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker (PSP)
* Hatsune Miku Project Diva 2 (PSP)
* The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki (PSP)

Playstation Gold Awards:
(To earn one of these awards, the game must have sold 500,000 units in its first week.)

* Phantasy Star Portable 2 (PSP)
* Monster Hunter Portable 2G (Unite) (PSP)
* Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (PSP)
* God Eater (PSP)
* Yakuza 4 (PS3)
* Hokuto Musou (Fist of the North Star – Ken’s Rage) (PS3)
* Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (PSP)
* Monster Hunter Diary Poka Poka Airu Village (PSP)

Playstation Platinum Award
(To earn this award, the game must have sold 1,000,000 units in its first week.)

* Final Fantasy XIII

Tanks to EndlessHistory on twitter for recapping that!

Kojima was there and Kitase was there, both were interviewed. Kitase was talking about all upcoming Final Fantasy titles (Duo-Decim 012 Dissidia, Agito XIII) and he REFERED TO FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII AS A 2011 TITLE!!

all the Japanese people on Ustream were going crazy with the typing and i thought you guys here @ EOFF should get a heads up! This is probably just for Japan but still it's nice to here the producer shed some light!

Elskidor
12-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Hope it's 50 times better than XIII. Out of those 1,000,000 buyers I wonder how many were happy with their purchase after they got home.

ShinGundam
12-04-2010, 08:26 PM
I am OK as long as i have my good ol' 3D Overworld.

Elskidor
12-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Yeah, the return of the world map is the best news about this game. I really wish the main titles would return to the awesome world maps.

kotora
12-04-2010, 11:24 PM
well at least it can't get worse than FFXIII.

or can it???

ShinGundam
12-05-2010, 12:19 AM
The ideal FF game is far fetch from Versus XIII and big shoe to fill. People will still complain with Versus or not at this point :p

Elskidor
12-05-2010, 05:00 AM
I don't think it's too much to ask to get a great FF title. We've waited long enough and we all know they are more than capable. FFXIII is a damn shame, and although I like FFXII a bunch, I also know a lot of people don't. It shouldn't be hard to re-find a middle ground where the majority can give it a big thumbs up and only a selected few will dislike it. X, ten years ago, may have been the last FF title that the majority liked and even the dislikers found some things fun about it (me being a disliker of it.) But it's not really like versus is going to be a mainstream Final Fantasy Random # anyway, I just hope it turns out great.

DMKA
12-05-2010, 05:03 PM
I really did love FFXIII but I would like them to provide more than just a conveyor belt of battles and cutscenes this time around. Airship and an overworld map to fly it around sounds lovely. A few minigames and secret elaborate sidequests wouldn't hurt either.

I would love to think that VersusXIII was coming out next year but they've already said they can't promise that, and considering SE's track record of pushing everything I've been excited about by them back multiple times in the last few years, not to mention FFXIII's obscenely long development time, I refuse to get my hopes up.

But then I remember when FFX came out way ahead of anyone's expectations so who knows.

Bolivar
12-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Man, not sure what's up with those awards, a lot of those games came out last year, or even earlier I believe. Strange.

That's great the game's coming sooner rather than later. Even though we're not even in the year that it's coming out in. Just hoping for a good FF at this point.

nirojan
12-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Man, not sure what's up with those awards, a lot of those games came out last year, or even earlier I believe. Strange.

That's great the game's coming sooner rather than later. Even though we're not even in the year that it's coming out in. Just hoping for a good FF at this point.

Yeah your right most did come out in 2009, but LATE 2009. So during the 2009 awards they were outside the release window to be eligible for the award show. FFXIII, DS and MW2 were late 2009 releases.

"or earlier i believe"- I'm guessing your reffering to RE5, but Biohazard 5: Alternate edition came out earlier this year in Japan.

Dreddz
12-07-2010, 11:51 PM
Square Enix say a lot of things. It'll be 2012.

nirojan
12-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Square Enix say a lot of things. It'll be 2012.

I'd like to remind you this is Kitase, the producer for the game, aka the man who's pulling the budget for this game (with SE's help of course). He has more power over release dates than you think, but yeah at the end of the day SE will probably push this back to the inevitable 2012 so we can play their last swan song game before the world ends lol.

Keep forgetting to do this: congrats to Square Enix for winning the PLATINUM award!

Loony BoB
12-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Yeah, you guys are right. Square Enix would never push out a game to meet a release date. Eeeeeever! :D

I honestly don't care when it comes out, I just want to play about on the world map.

Elpizo
12-14-2010, 06:39 PM
I hope Versus will be as good as Golden Sun 3 (Dark Dawn) was... Playing that game made me realize how much fun worldmaps and fluent, fast random battles can still be. Maybe expecting Versus to be as good as Dark Dawn is too high an expectation... Let's say half as good, then.

I have hope for Versus still... But they really shouldn't take much longer in making it or people will loose interest altogether. Let's hope 2011 is a fact.

Depression Moon
12-14-2010, 07:43 PM
I had made a thread a few months ago where they said not to expect Versus until 2012 and KHIII until 2013, so I'm not sure what to go by.

Hot Shot
01-11-2011, 05:45 PM
I had made a thread a few months ago where they said not to expect Versus until 2012 and KHIII until 2013, so I'm not sure what to go by.

Well things might have changed since then. But I think it will come out this year. I mean, it'll be stupid if a game sharing the same name as FFXIII came out two years after it imo. It might as well be FFXV

Roto13
01-11-2011, 10:50 PM
Yeah, the return of the world map is the best news about this game. I really wish the main titles would return to the awesome world maps.

I can't think of anything awesome about Final Fantasy world maps.

kotora
01-11-2011, 10:52 PM
I guess some people can immerse themselves better in a world that is a tunnel

Roto13
01-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Oh, more open worlds are definitely more immersive, but not world maps. Running around on a globe isn't immersive. Overworlds are the way to go. Final Fantasy XII did it right.

kotora
01-11-2011, 11:49 PM
Then again FF12 only took place on a single continent. When you're adventuring all around the world having a vehicle to do all the exploring and :bou::bou::bou::bou: is so much better than just picking out your destination off a map.

Elskidor
01-12-2011, 01:18 AM
Final Fantasy XII did it right.

Yeah FFXII was good, but as Kotora stated it's just part of the world. FFX's pick a point and go was a downer and FFXIII's absence of one altogether was even worse. I can live with FFXII's style but prefer old school maps when dealing with a massive world to go exploring.

Wolf Kanno
01-12-2011, 05:56 AM
DQVIII did it the best imo. If you are walking, the world is like an open field like XII but when you us a ship or the flying vessel, you go to a world map approach and like X there are places on the map you can't seem to reach but the flying vessel will allow it except DQVIII isn't stupid and doesn't use a silly code system random map locater to do this, you can intuitively see mountains or valleys that have no roads to reach and just land the flying bird there.

Overall, I do like world maps because they create a sense of exploration and freedom that isn't necessarily real but also doesn't involve having to run through long winded areas. It also promotes better dungeon design which was something XII was kind of lacking though not to X and XIII's extremes.

Loony BoB
01-13-2011, 02:00 PM
I find they also create a more epic feel to the game. I can't think of any game that didn't have a traversable world map that actually was about the entire world being under attack. FFI-IX all had an entire world, if I recall correctly. If FFX was actually a game about the entire world, it simply didn't feel that way to me when I looked at the world map because it wasn't a globe. It looked like a continent, much like XII. I didn't notice the lack of world map in XIII at first, but I wish that I could have done so much more on Pulse and if it had a traversable world map, that would have been fantastic.