PDA

View Full Version : So, you're bored.

KentaRawr!
12-06-2010, 02:51 AM
You wake up in the morning and do nothing, and feel as though you should be doing something, but whenever you start to do something, you feel like you're not doing anything. This is called being bored. What do you do when you're bored?

Shlup
12-06-2010, 03:07 AM
When I'm "bored" it typically means I have lots of things to do, but I can't decide which one of them I want to do, so I end up just sitting there.

And then I text my friends.

Clo
12-06-2010, 04:33 AM
I don't think I'm ever bored. That's what video games are for -- right?

Rantz
12-06-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm very rarely bored. There's always something new I want to read, watch, listen to, play, discuss, or learn - we do, after all, have millions upon millions of terabytes of information at our fingertips. Books, magazines, Wikipedia, movies, shows, music, video games, news, or just plain old discussion; there are so many things that can enrich your life without even having to step outside the door - which is of course not to say that going outside and experiencing the world has no merit. :p And of course, there's always leaning back and relaxing, which can also be a valuable way to spend your time if you know how to appreciate it.

If experiencing things doesn't appeal at the moment, then hey - we can also turn the tables and create something of our own. Draw, write... I'm not gonna make another list. My point is that I think being bored is a waste of time. :D

This post was ETA'd 4 times by yours truly.

Rye
12-06-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm very rarely bored. There's always something new I want to read, watch, listen to, play, discuss, or learn - we do, after all, have millions upon millions of terabytes of information at our fingertips. Books, magazines, Wikipedia, movies, shows, music, video games, news, or just plain old discussion; there are so many things that can enrich your life without even having to step outside the door - which is of course not to say that going outside and experiencing the world has no merit. :p And of course, there's always leaning back and relaxing, which can also be a valuable way to spend your time if you know how to appreciate it.

If experiencing things doesn't appeal at the moment, then hey - we can also turn the tables and create something of our own. Draw, write... I'm not gonna make another list. My point is that I think being bored is a waste of time. :D

This post was ETA'd 4 times by yours truly.

That was beautiful... ;__;

I agree. Lately I have no time to get everything DONE, let alone be bored.

kotora
12-06-2010, 12:49 PM

that is exactly the fucking problem. Too much stuff to choose from, I can't make up my mind and I end up wasting time on being bored and thinking what I'm supposed to do next

Vermachtnis
12-06-2010, 02:45 PM
My point is that I think being bored is a waste of time. :D

That sounds like what I say to my friends when they're just sitting around. "Being bored is boring, let's do something fun!"

But yeah I'm never bored. If something starts to get boring I move onto something else. There's a lot of games I haven't 100%'D yet.

Shorty
12-06-2010, 06:19 PM
I'm also very rarely bored. Even at work, if I'm not busy I can watch movies or The Office on my iPod or something. I can always usually find something to do if I'm feeling fidgety and restless.

Chris
12-06-2010, 07:04 PM
I get bored disturbingly easy, but I snap out of it just as fast. And yes, there is nothing more boring than being bored.

Peegee
12-06-2010, 07:12 PM
When I'm not going to work, eating, cooking, shopping for groceries, paying bills, playing video games, surfing the internet, going to the gym, or sleeping...it's my free time and I can do whatever I want. I usually spend that time not doing anything of consequence, and it'll probably be in the middle of the afternoon on some weekend day, so I'll take a nap.

Being 'bored' is a godsend. It means I don't have any chores.

escobert
12-06-2010, 11:00 PM
I have all the time in the world to do nothing. So, I am almost always bored. Or sober. They go hand in hand in my life.

Baloki
12-06-2010, 11:09 PM
I report posts on Final Fantasy forums as inappropriate to the world at large when I'm bored. Either that or eat syrup.

Shiny
12-07-2010, 01:17 AM
Rent a movie to watch or look at it online. Listen and sing along to music. Go to the mall. Play video games. Swim. Browse some websites. There's tons to do when you're bored, but I'm rarely bored because there's tons to do. If that makes sense.

Laddy
12-07-2010, 01:58 AM
I call up the girls and eat peanut butter.

rubah
12-07-2010, 02:06 AM
you're what, friggin' 18 years old? Get a job and NEVER BE BORED AGAIN

Laddy
12-07-2010, 02:07 AM
17, dear. And I WOULD GET A JOB BUT SUHAFHASLFHKAS

KentaRawr!
12-07-2010, 12:33 PM

Working on getting the job! No one's called me back yet is all.

Alive-Cat
12-07-2010, 04:08 PM
There are many things to do whilst one is bored. I happen to know some of these things, what you must do. But you must prove to me that you deserve to know first, Kentarou.

Breine
12-08-2010, 11:23 AM
I haven't been bored in a long time, and I am very rarely. There's always something to do, and if there isn't.. it just means you're picky.

Loony BoB
12-08-2010, 02:03 PM
For me, being bored can coincide with doing things. I can be doing reporting at work, which is very boring. Cleaning up the flat, also boring. Doing the dishes, boring. Sometimes I play video games so much I get bored of them! So for me, being bored isn't always a waste of time, even if it feels like it.

What do I do when I'm bored? Chores, work, or looking for things to do that aren't boring. Pretty much sums it up! And on very odd occasions, if I'm tired as well, I sleep. If hungry, eat. If needing to use the toilet, I do.

As soon as I do things that make me not bored I'm no longer bored, so it's only natural that the only things I do while bored are all boring. :)

overend
12-14-2010, 07:22 AM
yes i think so,i do the same thing everyday,get up,work,meals,sleep...nothing happened and nothing funny,really boring.:cool:

Evastio
12-16-2010, 04:17 AM
Gee. It sure is boring around here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4SLjLen7-c)

To make my answer more direct, watch youtube poops. Specifically CD-I Zelda ones. Squadala!

あるはずのないピカチュウ
12-20-2010, 06:48 AM
I just finish watching this video with two ...

I said too much ...

Wait I didn't even get to the part where she said she liked men with ...

Okay now I said too much.

Shiny
12-20-2010, 07:14 AM

Getting a job doesn't mean you will never be bored again.

I Took the Red Pill
12-20-2010, 07:44 AM
reddit

Vyk
12-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Procrasturbation

Jessweeee♪
12-20-2010, 08:31 PM
My biggest problem is that when I get bored, I get lazy.

Getting a job doesn't mean you will never be bored again.

Not to mention even fast food places aren't hiring :(

Vyk
12-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Yeah, unemployment has hit record highs all across the country the past couple years, and barely shows any sign of changing anytime soon in most places. In fact, tons of businesses are closing their doors, making even less jobs :[

Rianoa
12-23-2010, 11:37 PM
After finishing college and losing my job and not being able to get another job (Damn economy) means I have a lot of time on my hands and nothing to do so being bored IS my hobby cause no job means no money to do anything. And I'm one of those people who needs to be doing something. :wacky: