PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys you doing anything on jan 09? wanna go skiing?

Peegee
12-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Show of hands:

- You can make it, and will
- You might be able to make it but you don't know why
- You can't make it but you'll sign up anyway
- You have nothing planned on that day but you still might not make it and probably will cancel the day before

I'm not going to give you the option of 'I can't make it'. Because that's the same sort of answer as #1 - you know what's up and say so

I find that whenever I plan anything, there's about 60% of people who dilly dally and are wishy washy, but they sign up anyway. Case in point: I just spent Sunday playing paintball. We had a teambuy discount where it only cost 15$ and you get 200 rounds of ammo (a 30$ cost), rental gun, jumpsuit, face mask, and training. A very good deal. So I was delegated to get the ticket. I had 48 hours to just get 10 people to sign up.

10 hours before the deadline I had 5 people sign up who was likely to show up and I think 5 maybes. I ask for the money and a few months later I get most of it. Thank God the tickets were good until next year but I wanted to get this over with asap so I push for a December date. Finally decided to do the 6th.

- actually, only 8 people paid for tickets
- three of those people cancel. One ON THE DAY
- I replace one of those people with my brother who was unable to reschedule his teaching gig, so he came later instead of cancelling http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/images_eoffclassic/icons/icon14.gif

Thankfully it wasn't mandatory that we have a party of 10. It would've just been fun because then we have 10 newbies playing instead of something like 30 people, 20 of which are seasoned players. Y'know what I mean?

Now we're planning a skiing trip in January. I am already banging my head on the desk in anticipation.

Are you like this? If I ask you to do something do you say 'yes' and then back out or are you 'maybe' until the day of, and then you cancel?

This isn't just this office. I can't hang out with my friends at all. I usually just hang out with one of them at a time. None of my friends have children. People who don't have children sicken me when they can't schedule one random day out of the future to do something.

omg I might be busy. No you won't
omg I can't make it. I need to do nothing.

Years ago I stopped asking Tokkiquil to go out because she'd always flake on me. I stopped doing that because after I last did it, I felt bad and told myself I was being too unreasonable. I don't feel it's unreasonable any more.

(that 150$ buy ended up costing me 30$ btw. Another reason why I think the skiing thing is a bad idea)

Roto13
12-06-2010, 08:33 PM
You only get to pull that kind of :bou::bou::bou::bou: once with me.

Bunny
12-06-2010, 09:00 PM
I will go!

kotora
12-06-2010, 09:00 PM
it fucking pisses me off as well. Had my friends cancel on me last saturday because one of them was too much of a pussy to drive (because it had been snowing 6 hours before). If I ever say I'm gonna be somewhere, I'm gonna be there.

Laddy
12-07-2010, 02:00 AM
I know! I'm awesome and planning but some people just cancel too MUCH!

Peegee
12-07-2010, 05:02 PM
I hate going out because of this reason. It's almost always hopeless unless somebody asks me out.

fuuuu

Chris
12-07-2010, 09:36 PM
I would love to go, but it would most likely end in nothing but misery and broken body parts.

escobert
12-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Oh I'd love to go. I haven't gone out on the slopes yet this year :(

Peegee
12-08-2010, 11:57 PM
Yes bort you go nao

Vyk
12-09-2010, 01:53 AM
I'm the kind of person who plans with honor and obligation. So even if the day arrives and I don't want to. I never flake. Unless the person planning gets irritated with people flaking and knows I'd rather back out and gives me permission. But even still, I rarely do stuff, so I know its good for me to get out once in a while, even when I feel like being a hermit, I know I'll get into whatever once I do it. And in that regard I almost never say no, unless there's a questionable amount of money involved. I can promise my participation, but I can't promise my finances. But $15 isn't that big a deal

Pheesh
12-12-2010, 04:47 PM
The only thing that hinders me is I never know if I'm going to have money to go out when I'm actually planning the event. So I could say that next weekend we're going to go to a pub for drinks, it gets to next weekend and I'm broke, so I can't go.

NorthernChaosGod
12-13-2010, 06:45 AM
The only thing that hinders me is I never know if I'm going to have money to go out when I'm actually planning the event. So I could say that next weekend we're going to go to a pub for drinks, it gets to next weekend and I'm broke, so I can't go.

You have really :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty financial planning.