PDA

View Full Version : Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Depression Moon
12-09-2010, 06:47 PM
YouTube - Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Teaser-Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-fD-ZEMPZI&feature=channel)

Full trailer to premier at well, watch the vid.

Bolivar
12-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Pretty stoked. I was skeptical of Uncharted 2 being "teh best of this generation" (real gamers know it's MGS4), I thought it was just an extremely pretty, well polished shooter, but when I finally played through the damn thing on my own, it was pretty great. I'm guessing they're going to give it a Fall release and set it up as GOTY contender for 2011 seeing as U2 swept nearly every award jawn out there.

Personally, and this may sound like the lamest thing of all time, but I really hope they improve the multiplayer. Don't get me wrong, the one they already did is good, in fact, it's great, but it doesn't have that crack-cocaine addictiveness of Call of Duty, and certainly not that quick, hop into a game within 1 minute, accessibility that those games have. Like most developers, they also need to up the numbers - ship with more than 12 maps for insane variety and replayability, and give us lots of tangible things to do, and find some way to keep it going once the hardcore players extinguish the progression system.

2011 looks to be another great year, with Killzone in the beginning of the year and Uncharted at the end. Can't really complain about that.

Dreddz
12-09-2010, 09:46 PM
After playing Vanquish I think I'll probably be more harsh on this title. The Uncharted games are good (not great) but the cover based gameplay still needs some work. Uncharted 2's cover system is so awkward compared to games like Vanquish and even Gears of War. At least they make up for it with eye candy. Naughty Dog have always done great things when they hit the third in a franchise, I expect Uncharted 3 to follow suit.

I'm still more excited for Sony's other big guns. Motorstorm Apocalypse, Twisted Metal, Killzone 3 and The Last Guardian. May have to wait till 2012 to pick up Uncharted 3. Although Ill probably be swept up in the hype and buy it day 1, like an idiot.

cowboynwo
12-09-2010, 11:07 PM
the trailer look amazing
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/cowboy828.png

McLovin'
12-10-2010, 02:07 AM
Hell yeah, Naughty Dog. Keep 'em coming.

kotora
12-10-2010, 03:29 PM
didn't Drake already get decepted in the beginning of U2?

or is it him doing the deceptioning?

LunarWeaver
12-10-2010, 09:02 PM
I hope the co-op online :bou::bou::bou::bou: is smoother this time around. Since I have no friends that are real, I have to do game searches with strangers and that's just two random stages with random goals we vote on. It sucks to end up with two Gold Rushes and see everyone die on purpose or crash the game because they don't feel like dealing with it.

Also hoping Chloe returns in some capacity.

Depression Moon
12-10-2010, 11:04 PM
IGN has a rewind section on the teaser trailer.

ChickenHeart
12-10-2010, 11:52 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeet, as long as they improve multiplayer.
I'm thrilled at this news.

Rase
12-11-2010, 07:42 AM
If they can make the leap they did between U1 and U2 again I'll be a happy man. I felt U2 improved upon the decent first game in so many ways it was almost astounding.

Loony BoB
12-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Uncharted 2 is the best game I've played since Final Fantasy VII, and I consider them equal favourites of mine. I can't wait to play this. And yeah, the IGN rewind thingy was pretty interesting. Amazing how they can get 8 minutes of info out of about 20 seconds of trailer visuals.

Depression Moon
12-12-2010, 05:10 PM
I watched the trailer during the VGAs and I regretted it. The trailer was pretty short and the visuals seemed to have downplayed rather than improved, most noticeably Drake's design. I admit it was a bit dumb for me to watch that awful awards show as I knew it was going to be awful and that it was going to do some trickery by putting the most anticipated trailer at the end of the show. Before that I was thinking I should just wait to watch it on the internet the next day and that's exactly what I should've done.

Del Murder
12-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Pretty stoked. I was skeptical of Uncharted 2 being "teh best of this generation" (real gamers know it's MGS4), I thought it was just an extremely pretty, well polished shooter, but when I finally played through the damn thing on my own, it was pretty great.
I have to agree there. U2 was a pretty damn fun game but I didn't find it mind-shattering or jaw-dropping (which I felt about MGS4). Of course MGS4 is basically the culmination of a franchise that's been going on for the last decade so it's not really fair to compare the two.

Still, I'm looking forward to U3. I don't really get the excitement over this trailer though. It doesn't show anything!

Loony BoB
12-13-2010, 01:07 PM
If you watch the "Rewind" video on IGN then you'll find it shows you a hell of a lot. :) But they have the extended trailer out now and I'm not sure why people are commenting on poor visuals or anything, I think it looks great. Keeping in mind it's not like it's anything but a trailer... so not quite the same as playing a game on your screen. Hoping for good things though.

Bolivar
12-13-2010, 04:28 PM
I liked the trailer a lot, looks like there may be some water physics this time?

There's also behind the scences video(s) on the Playstation Network right nowt hat they uploaded the day after the VGA's. will check out soon, like after I finish my final today...

Depression Moon
12-14-2010, 07:10 PM
YouTube - Uncharted 3 - GAMEPLAY - on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" - (12/13/2010) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcqN3TCxfxA)

Bolivar
12-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Man, the Jimmy Fallon demo was like an embarrassing reminder that games will always be a niche thing. After talking about how incredible the games are and his story about his wife thinking it was a movie (conveniently the same idea from the "Dear Playstation" commercial) Jimmy Fallon didn't know how to shoot or pull yourself up from a ledge. Evan Welles and Cristoph screaming "UP AND X!!! UP AND X!!!" must have had some of the people in the crowd frightened for their lives, terrified of what was going to happen next.

It looked hot though! Not more "WOW" than what we saw in Uncharted 2, but the melee animations and interactivity of the environments for combat look to be a step up. Can't wait.

Roto13
12-14-2010, 09:01 PM
If anyone wants the PS3 theme and avatar, the codes are:

Theme:
93N6-BHNA-9QC5

ANAK-R6N9-5F56

The one code was sent out to everyone so it's not single-use. :P

DMKA
12-15-2010, 04:31 AM
I am excited for it but the trailer didn't have the same "OMG CAN'T WAIT!" effect that the trailers for Uncharted 2 did.

But I can't wait. I'll have to play through the other two again in the next 11 months though since I can barely recall what happened in them. Serve's me right for being drunk through the majority of both of them. :p