PDA

View Full Version : Do you play an instrument?

Rocket Edge
12-09-2010, 09:43 PM
People of EoFF, do you play any musical instrument? Did you ever attempt too - or do you plan on ever playing something? Please state what instrument you would like too take up or have played.

I've been playing a 4 string Tenor Banjo for the past year. It's range is very much suited for traditional Irish music, and it's all I personally use it for. We have a festival here called the Fleadh Ceoil and its where many people gather to play trad music and it's great fun.

This is my instrument:
http://www.cranesmusicstore.com/images/1158050151659_HUDSON_CBJ34_DLX_BANJO_MAIN.jpg

It isn't anything special of yet but I plan on getting something better in years to come. :)

Chris
12-09-2010, 09:59 PM
In my early childhood days, I was an acceptable pianist. Those days are long gone, though.

Kirobaito
12-09-2010, 10:03 PM
I play several instruments. Since my early days, I have dabbled in the piano. Near the end of high school, I began playing the guitar, and I currently own a cheap Ibanez, a cheap Washburn as well as my main guitar, a Martin JC-16RE. I also own a hollow-body electric Ibanez.

For the last two years, I have played the five-string banjo. I own a Deering Goodtime Two, as well as a handmade maple banjo that I came into possession of. It was old and needed refurbishing, but it sounds great. I use it for Seeger-style frailing and Scruggs three-finger style, neither of which I'm particularly good at yet.

I can also fiddle around on just about any brass instrument, though right now my chops are not in any form to speak of. I also own an accordion that I am learning.

JKTrix
12-09-2010, 10:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jL7am.jpg

All except the small one at the bottom. Mostly the one in the middle.

Roto13
12-09-2010, 10:23 PM
I play Guitar Hero. I hear it's exactly the same as playing a real guitar.

escobert
12-09-2010, 10:57 PM
I play Guitar Hero. I hear it's exactly the same as playing a real guitar.
ZOMG like no ways it's not you fool! :p

No, I have zero artistic talents of any kind.

Peegee
12-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Piano, clarinet, bass clarinet, guitar (Acoustic) at various points in my life.

Shiny
12-10-2010, 12:00 AM
I like to sing-a in the moon-a in the June-a in the spring-a.

I play piano. I used to play clarinet in elementary school.

Pheesh
12-10-2010, 12:18 AM
I've played drums for the better part of my existence, I've been playing guitar for about 5 years now and I've been learning piano since last Christmas. As far as my instruments; I have a pearl kit with various export and masters pieces that I bought individually and then had repainted the same colour, and I use a mix of Zildjian A and K custom cymbals. Guitar wise I have an Ibanez AW Acoustic and A PRS Custom 24 which. I'm currently hiring the piano that I have, think I might get rid of it and buy an electronic keyboard with weighted keys and such though, it'd be better suited for what I have to do with it.

Cuchulainn
12-10-2010, 12:35 AM
when i'm bored in work I make kickass vibes with this

http://www.91courtstreet.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/my-stapler.jpg

Aerith's Knight
12-10-2010, 01:18 AM
The Piano, but I've not played for so long, I can only remember 2 1/2 song.

Slothy
12-10-2010, 02:08 AM
Drums and Piano. Come Christmas I plan to add a Korg Kaossilator to the mix.

YouTube - The Yellow Album - 100% Korg Kaossilator (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3_yXmIfmYg)

Clo
12-10-2010, 02:11 AM
I can play the recorder.

Kinda.

Shorty
12-10-2010, 02:24 AM
I played bass for a while. I've always wanted to learn to play the sax and the harmonica. Sigh.

edit: bah, I completely forgot that I played the violin for a few years when I was really little.

Rantz
12-10-2010, 11:41 AM
I played recorder, guitar and sax at different points throughout primary school. I quit because all the music teachers just put me off, but lately I've been wanting to play again. EVERY INSTRUMENT IN EXISTENCE.

Breine
12-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Sadly no. I'd love to be able to play something. Anything! But I can't. It probably has something to do with me never having taken any classes. Well, I played the recorder a little bit when I was like 10, but that was only because it was obligatory in the elementary school I went to.

However, I always get asked if I play any instruments. Apparently I look like a musician.

NorthernChaosGod
12-10-2010, 05:01 PM
I play guitar, bass and drums fairly well. I can play a little piano, but not with much skill. :greenie:

I've been wanting to get better at piano and pick up the violin.

Yar
12-10-2010, 05:22 PM
I've been playing piano for 11 months. My tutor says I'm progressing really quickly, but I still feel stupid at it. :p

Thinking about maybe picking up saxophone?? Depends on my tax refund :D

Peegee
12-10-2010, 05:56 PM
I've been playing piano for 11 months. My tutor says I'm progressing really quickly, but I still feel stupid at it. :p

Thinking about maybe picking up saxophone?? Depends on my tax refund :D

Saxamophone
Saxamaphone

awww, it's not the same.

Agent Proto
12-10-2010, 11:33 PM
During my first couple years of High School, I had played an instrument for the school band. I played the trombone and later on, switched to the clarinet. I think I preferred playing the clarinet because I hated the trombone, though I originally wanted to play the trumpet when I started.

Brennan
12-11-2010, 05:30 PM
I usually teach myself how to play guitar when I have free time. (Acoustic)

Laddy
12-16-2010, 03:26 AM
I mess with piano, but I'm a good guitarist and a fine bassist. I also plan on getting vocal lessons so I can sing all of my fav songs from Cabaret.

Levian
12-16-2010, 03:39 AM
Nope, my parents didn't have any hopes and dreams for me.

NorthernChaosGod
12-16-2010, 04:28 AM
I'm actually taking a piano class next semester at school, so I'm hoping to get some skills. :D

Rye
12-16-2010, 04:30 AM
I play the butt trumpet like a boss. ;3

NorthernChaosGod
12-16-2010, 04:37 AM
You're gross, Rye. :|

Pheesh
12-16-2010, 04:44 AM
You never go ass to mouth.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-16-2010, 06:15 PM
I have an electric guitar, a keyboard, and a pretty basic drum set. I love playing music, but i'm terrible at creating my own.

I was a trumpet player in middle school, but that was because being in band got you out of classes like home economics and industrial arts.

I played the recorder a little bit when I was like 10, but that was only because it was obligatory in the elementary school I went to.

Also this.

You never go ass to mouth.

Movies to watch: The Human Centipede

Chimp
12-16-2010, 10:09 PM
OCARINA
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb471/chympara/me-1.jpg

GUITAR
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb471/chympara/guitar.jpg

YAY!

I say we all make a collab! Whatya say!? One of us makes a file of them playing, and then someone else puts it in audacity and plays over it, and so on and so forth.

:D?

LowCaloriePie
12-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Trumpet and piano, and currently learning guitar. =]