PDA

View Full Version : The Pookiiimahn black and white thread (could you be more racist?)

Aerith's Knight
12-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Well, since the new game is out, and I need to vent, let's make a thread for the new Pokemon Black and White.

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/replicate/EXID28759/images/pokemon-black-and-white-legendaries.jpg

First of all, the graphics have been completely redone in 3D. While this looks great, nothing to say about it, it does give some strange perspectives now and then. However, there is but one flaw with this.

ITS FREAKING SLOW.

Pokemon games are about running everywhere and kicking ass and taking names. I mean, who didn't use the bike all the time in the first 3? In this one every single step is sloooooooooooooow. It takes forever to track back to the poohkiemon center to heal and that's basically all you're doing, because of point 2.

All it seems I'm doing is freaking grind for levels. You walk 3 spaces and the wild pokemon suddenly go up 2 levels. While it isn't so bad for 2 or 3 pokemon, if you are like me and fill the team up with a balanced elemental party like me, then you're basically stuck for 30 minutes getting every pokemon a level or 2 up after every scene. What is this, FFXII?

And my last point in the pokemon itself. Seriously, what is with those designers? Why does every new pokemon (why do we need new ones anyway?) have to look like something a 2 year old would play with? It's been 10 years since it came out, designers, your target audience has grown up. I don't want stuffed animals fighting each other. I want warturtle, charmeleon and such. They looked badass. The entire game is like a bellsprout kicking your ass, what is that about?

So what do you think about the game? Love it? Hate it? Vent here.

Roto13
12-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Your opinions are wrong and stupid.

kotora
12-10-2010, 03:26 PM
lol those two pokiemans in that pic look so completely boring and generic. as if they completely ran out of other ideas.

Aerith's Knight
12-10-2010, 05:10 PM
lol those two pokiemans in that pic look so completely boring and generic. as if they completely ran out of other ideas.

After about 800 of them, I suppose they have. Otherwise they wouldn't be going to the stuffed toys selection of toys r us to get inspiration.

kotora
12-10-2010, 08:22 PM
maybe they should've focused on making the old ones awesomer instead of cranking out new uninspired ones. Who needed more pokominz after the first 250 anyway?

Aerith's Knight
12-10-2010, 08:26 PM
There are only 151 pokemans. Well, 152 if you count mew. The rest are all mecha-pokemons that don't really exist.

kotora
12-10-2010, 08:32 PM
I kinda liked the ones from Gold and Silver. They still had some original designs like the original 151. It was after that when things started to suck.

Ouch!
12-10-2010, 10:18 PM
There are only 151 pokemans. Well, 152 if you count mew. The rest are all mecha-pokemons that don't really exist.
151 counts Mew.

JKTrix
12-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Most people won't have the game since it's actually not out where they can get it. I guess it's a good thing this site is lenient on those kinds of things.