PDA

View Full Version : Hey there!

Hotaru
12-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Hey there you guys!

My name's Alyssia, but I decided to use the name "Hotaru" as my username here at eyesonff, mainly because, well, I actually own a pet turtle called Hotaru and decided to steal his name for the sake of posting!

A bit of background info on me: I currently reside in Melbourne, Australia and I am currently enrolled as a 3rd year Marketing and Management major at The University of Melbourne. I've played various Final Fantasy series. The first one I played was VII, thus it will always hold a special place in my heart. And then I started playing VIII, IX, X, X-2, VI, and XIII (all in that order).

If I'm not stuck in my room being all nerdy with my games (which freaks the hell out of my roommate because I can stay in my room for days and would only come out for showers and toilet breaks when I'm 'in the zone' so to speak), I work as a night club promoter at a few places in Melbourne. And since I'm still pretty chummy with a few of my college buddies (college meaning residential colleges), so I would usually sit out in the sun with them on the weekends and buy a slab of beer to enjoy the :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty Melbourne weather as I destroy the hell out of my liver.

I'm a pretty chilled person and can be pretty out going when I need to be. And I would freak the hell out whenever there's a butterfly near me.

And I am happy to be here :)

Pheesh
12-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Always good to see another Aussie join. You also reside in my favourite city in Australia (although you're right, the weather is :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty), and I hope to move there next year.

Welcome and hope you have fun here. =D

Rantz
12-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Hey Alyssia, I'm Pontus, nice to meet you :D Welcome!

Inferno
12-10-2010, 06:44 PM
I like the beer part

NeoCracker
12-14-2010, 08:28 AM
Only beer I can stand is New Castle, otherwise I'm a liquor guy.

I live no where near you, and I would bet my liver I can shell away from humanity longer then you. :monster:

Welcome!

Vyk
12-14-2010, 03:09 PM
Salutations turtle lady

Hollycat
12-14-2010, 06:09 PM
I'm alchohol intolerant, even a sip of wine and.... bad things happen....

WELCOME TO EOFF
I'm your (very unofficial) host,
HC

Zeon
12-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Hello and welcome. I'm new here myself.

But...but....butterflies are people too. :D Insects are fun. But spiders are something else. Eh, let's not go into that.

Hope you have fun here, as I am.

Madonna
12-15-2010, 02:33 AM
Salutations, Alyssia. Hotaru is a very good name; it is very cute. I will be calling the authorities in hopes of getting back a pet turtle his name, though, and I hope you understand.

Our membership has a few hyper-active Australians amongst them, so either feel in good company or very scared.

I am glad you at least got one old-school Final Fantasy under your belt; VI is a very good game. The early editions of the earlier ones lacked a lot of story, but now all of them have pretty updates with better exposition.

Playing games and drinking beer are both worthwhile activities, Hotaru. I hope they provide years of entertainment.

Poor butterflies; they miss out on the company of a nice young lady. Welcome to the fora.