PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Kefka knew of Gestahl's plans? (spoilers)

MJN SEIFER
12-11-2010, 11:54 PM
This is more of an opinion more than an answer, but you know when Gestahl pretends to offer peace, and has Kefka put in jail? But he later let's him out and takes him with him to the Sealed Gate, not to mention sending him to despose of one of their own.

So, did Kefka know about all this, and was simply pretending he'd been arrested? i.e. did Gestahl simply tell Kefka to wait in the cell until he was needed as a means to fool the good guys?

Elskidor
12-12-2010, 12:07 AM
I always thought it was all part of the plan, but I guess if he did really jail him and toy with Kefka it would have given Kefka another reason to kick him off the floating continent to his doom.

kotora
12-12-2010, 12:15 AM
I always thought it was all part of the plan, but I guess if he did really jail him and toy with Kefka it would have given Kefka another reason to kick him off the floating continent to his doom.

like Kefka needed a reason to do that. This guy poisoned an entire city just for the lulz.

Elskidor
12-12-2010, 01:42 AM
lol true. Yeah, I always figured it was pre-planned, but who knows. Maybe, just maybe, if we EVER get a remake they'll touch up on that part.

blackmage_nuke
12-12-2010, 02:55 AM
Kefka: Gah! How dare they put me in a place like this! ...Hmph!
Kefka: I just can't believe it!
Kefka: What a bore.

Im inclined to believe Kefka knew what was going on since he didnt seem in any sort of stress over being imprisoned.

Roto13
12-12-2010, 02:55 PM

like Kefka needed a reason to do that. This guy poisoned an entire city just for the lulz.

It wasn't just for the lulz. They were at war, you know. (Not saying it wasn't evil and he didn't enjoy it, of course.)

Wolf Kanno
12-13-2010, 06:28 AM
I feel he knew, Gestahl was quick to spare Kefka's life. Even if you demand for him to be executed, Gestahl talks the Returners into waiting til the Esper situation has been resolved first before dealing with him. Kefka is too valuable to Gestahl since he's the only person in the Empire who seems to be completely privy to the Emperor's plans and is given a hell of a lot of leeway compared to the rest of his staff.

He had to jail Kefka to make the whole situation seem real to the Returners. You can't demand peace with a major war criminal on board. It should also be noted, that this is also the first time the player really got to see the Emperor first hand, beyond the short flashback Terra has at the beginning of the game, and Maduin's flashback. So, I feel locking Kefka up, was also suppose to lure the player into a false sense of security as well.