PDA

View Full Version : Enslaved

Vyk
12-13-2010, 04:56 AM
Has anyone tried this game? My brother and nephew rented it last weekend after I'd showed my nephew the review at GameTrailrs.com. It looked like a really good game. Albeit rather short. They said 8 - 10 hours. I think its a little longer. But I just rented it myself this weekend, and it took two rather long sittings. So I'd put it closer to about 15 hours. But damn this game was good. The pacing was superb. You never felt too overwhelmed, and never bored. The jumping around doesn't get old like it did in the Prince of Persia reboot. The fights actually mean something and don't feel very repetitive. And get crazy intense as you near the end. And the characters are so well done and portray the plot very well. I was enthralled from beginning to end. May be only worth a rental. But I would highly suggest this game. Granted my tastes are insanely different from most people's. But I've yet to be this entertained by a game this generation (Though I only own a 360, so I'm missing out on a few). But this reminded me of a very short, very mature, very intense Beyond Good and Evil

asukaevaunit02
12-13-2010, 12:11 PM
I haven't played it, yet. I did watch a few reviews when it first came out. I liked the look of it. So its good to hear you enjoyed it.
Since its come down in price to $60-70 I might be tempted to pick this up soon, even if it is short. But then some say God of War 3 and Heavenly Sword are short, but I enjoyed those too - even if they were short, they were great fun.

Vyk
12-13-2010, 04:21 PM
Yeah I can't justify paying 60 bucks for an 8 hour game. But that's just a financial issue. Short games don't make bad games. They just shouldn't make expensive games. Gears of War games are short, Resident Evil 5 was short (and extremely good), etc. I just checked on Amazon and its between 35 and 40 bucks new. I'm honestly tempted to buy it just to add the experience to my collection and force friends to play it

Iceglow
12-18-2010, 12:39 AM
Enslaved imho done what the latest prince of persia games should have done but far better. It's an amazing piece of work, seriously want to buy it for myself but well, it's a little pricey still for me to be buying this close to xmas considering I haven't go xmas shopping yet.

asukaevaunit02
12-19-2010, 06:39 AM
Yeah I can't justify paying 60 bucks for an 8 hour game. But that's just a financial issue. Short games don't make bad games. They just shouldn't make expensive games.

I agree to a point. I didn't buy God of War 3 for $110 when it came out because reviews say it was "short." I wasn't hugely convinced to invest a large amount of money on a game I played a demo of that I thought was good (I had never played God of War prior). I waited months for it to come down, I eventually bought it about 3 months ago for $50, which I thought was a good price, and the game was definately worth it.

Back to Enslaved, I just picked it up this afternoon used for $34.:D Will give it a play tomorrow once I get some business out of the way, looking foward to it!