PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix 1st Production Department Premier

Wolf Kanno
12-14-2010, 07:09 AM
Wow... that's a mouthful. (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1139970p1.html) Well, it's almost a month away and I feel I need to remind people that there are still two more XIII titles on the way. For those not willing to read the article, SE promised awhile back that they would do a conference finally detailing some info on Versus and Agito. It was set for January 11th, 2011. Now its been renamed the thread title and has been pushed back to the 18th. While Nomura has mentioned that other titles like Dissidia 2 will be discussed, I'm pretty sure most of us are more curious about Versus and Agito since both have been in production for what feels like ages. Any thoughts or wishes that you hope to see or hear from the conference?

DMKA
12-15-2010, 03:39 AM
Any thoughts or wishes that you hope to see or hear from the conference?

A release date for VersusXIII, preferably ending in "2011".

I won't hold my breath.

novaheaven
12-15-2010, 03:52 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing more of Versus XIII gameplay and of course the characters and world. I'm really fond of the direction Nomura and his crew are taking this game.

At least a possible release window for both Versus and Agito.

I like surprises so whatever other announcements SE will make is something to look forward to I suppose.

Mirage
12-15-2010, 04:06 AM
Square Enix will be inviting fans to attend the event, which will take place at the Toho Cinemas facility in Tokyo's Roppongi area.

Lol, Roppongi is such a shady place :p.

DMKA
12-15-2010, 04:53 AM
Square Enix will be inviting fans to attend the event, which will take place at the Toho Cinemas facility in Tokyo's Roppongi area.

Lol, Roppongi is such a shady place :p.

Most video game conferences are held in terrible areas. I know this because I am from California. :p

Wolf Kanno
12-15-2010, 07:58 AM
Apparently Nomura has gotten fanboys speculating... (http://scrawlfx.com/2010/12/nomura-dont-forget-lightning)

Did he ever reveal that "big title" people keep asking him about?

ShinGundam
12-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Apparently Nomura has gotten fanboys speculating... (http://scrawlfx.com/2010/12/nomura-dont-forget-lightning)

Did he ever reveal that "big title" people keep asking him about?
FFXIII:Towns edition ?

catfish
12-16-2010, 12:32 AM
I want to here more about Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII ( a title Squeenix have had under trademark since 2006 according to FFwiki)and whatever the hell it is.

I also read that they were considering a direct sequel to XIII to expand the universe but that it would be dependant on how well it sold in the Western market. I wonder how they feel about that and if Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII is the planned sequel?

I also want release dates for Versus and Agito like everyone else but I'd like to here a lot more about the improvements they intend to make to FFXIV and it's delayed PS3 version.

Vyk
12-16-2010, 03:15 PM
What in the world is with all these Final Fantasy XIIIs?? Everyone argues that Agito and Versus are separate, so why even have XIII in their titles? What's the supposed relationship going to be?

I think it'd be funny if they announced that Versus and Agito were going to be on the 360 and the PS3 versions were getting gimped due to this xP (kidding)

ShinGundam
12-17-2010, 04:11 AM
What in the world is with all these Final Fantasy XIIIs?? Everyone argues that Agito and Versus are separate, so why even have XIII in their titles? What's the supposed relationship going to be?
Brand ?

I think it'd be funny if they announced that Versus and Agito were going to be on the 360 and the PS3 versions were getting gimped due to this xP (kidding)
Agito is portable game yo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4c3A4NhL4c).

Ouch!
12-17-2010, 05:20 AM
Testsuya Nomua's own words: "The only similarity between the games that you can find is in the vague crystal theme." They were built on the same idea of bringing back the importance of the crystals in the Final Fantasy series, but in the development cycles, they've each branched into their own direction. They all started development simultaneously, and that's about the end of it.

At any rate, I'd be happy to have them at least confirm a release date for Versus XIII. I don't much care about Agito XIII. Some news on Kingdom Hearts 3D and a potential announcement of a production timetable for Kingdom Hearts 3 would be nice as well. Nomura has recently been hinting more and more that Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming, and we really don't know enough about Versus XIII's production cycle to make judgments, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're in early development and concept stages for KH3.

Depression Moon
12-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Testsuya Nomua's own words: "The only similarity between the games that you can find is in the vague crystal theme." They were built on the same idea of bringing back the importance of the crystals in the Final Fantasy series, but in the development cycles, they've each branched into their own direction. They all started development simultaneously, and that's about the end of it.

Just because they have crystals in them? That sounds like a cover up for what the real reason could be which I think is just a marketing tool to get more people to buy the games because it has XIII in the title. I don't really care as much for what they're doing anymore. The things they've been doing lately doesn't give me the urge to give them any of my money.

DMKA
12-17-2010, 07:42 PM

I like to think that's why FFXIII got stripped down to what it is. Even if it isn't. Blaming bad things on Microsoft is always fun.

I too am curious how these games will turn out to be related. They say they take place in "the same universe" but what exactly does this mean? It certainly doesn't look like VersusXIII takes place on Cocoon or Pulse, and SE also says none of them are sequels or prequels to each other, meaning that it can't be taking place in a different time period on Cocoon or Pulse. Or can it?

Either way I am interested to see why they all share a title.

Vyk
12-18-2010, 07:58 PM

At any rate, I'd be happy to have them at least confirm a release date for Versus XIII. I don't much care about Agito XIII. Some news on Kingdom Hearts 3D and a potential announcement of a production timetable for Kingdom Hearts 3 would be nice as well. Nomura has recently been hinting more and more that Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming, and we really don't know enough about Versus XIII's production cycle to make judgments, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're in early development and concept stages for KH3.

That makes me wonder even more as to why even put XIII in the title. Why not just have their own side stories if there's no real relation. Just Final Fantasy Versus or Final Fantasy Agito. Hell, they may end being good enough to spawn their own franchises running along-side Final Fantasy and possibly end up better, or more popular. Like Kingdom Hearts. Now if they decide to do any more with them it'll be Final Fantasy XIII Versus II. Even worse if they give it a sub-title

ShinGundam
12-19-2010, 06:55 AM

That makes me wonder even more as to why even put XIII in the title. Why not just have their own side stories if there's no real relation. Just Final Fantasy Versus or Final Fantasy Agito. Hell, they may end being good enough to spawn their own franchises running along-side Final Fantasy and possibly end up better, or more popular. Like Kingdom Hearts. Now if they decide to do any more with them it'll be Final Fantasy XIII Versus II. Even worse if they give it a sub-title
Calm down, Versus xiii was candidate to be next generation FF but due to a lot of factors they made it a sub-title

One of the biggest factor is:
Tokyo-Shinjiku
http://i52.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/zter0y.jpg

Versus XIII
http://i53.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/11ioklh.jpg

:p Agito was card mini-game on mobile but they dropped that project.

Looks like we are getting FFXIII-2 after all.

DMKA
12-19-2010, 08:57 PM
Looks like we are getting FFXIII-2 after all.

Says who?

nirojan
12-20-2010, 05:07 PM
The official site for this event is up! They announced it via twitter:
SQUARE ENIX 1st Production Department Premiere | SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS (http://member.square-enix.com/jp/special/fabula/event/?sscd=twitter)

Apparently 300 Square Enix Members get to attend the event and 10000 get to watch it online as it gets streamed on NICO NICO LIVE! The event is at the TohoTheatre in Tokyo on January 18th, 2011.

Crossblades
12-20-2010, 06:00 PM
:p Agito was card mini-game on mobile but they dropped that project.

Agito was never a card mini-game. The game is supposed to be similar Crisis Core:FF VII(In terms of gameplay) and it has a main character who uses cards. And the project wasn't dropped. It was moved to the PSP.

Wolf Kanno
12-21-2010, 03:51 AM
I'm so going to laugh if SE announces that Versus XIII is being renamed Final Fantasy XV at the event. :D

The crystal theme is sorta overused cause technically its usually a major factor in every FF title, so nothing new there, but each of the games has been confirmed to use similar terminology. Agito has l'Cie for instance but whether they are anything like the ones from XIII is up in the air. Versus XIII mentions the goddess from XIII as well though she appears to be playing a much larger part of the story for this title. Basically similar terminology is shared but its being strongly hinted that they are very different from each other in each title.

As an example, say their was a VII Mugglefluff title and it had a group called SOLDIER but in this game SOLDIER are a race of Dragon Knights that protected an ancient kingdom instead of being Mako/Jenova infused super soldiers. That's what's kinda going on here.

Basically SE is trying to reinvent the FF franchise in a way.

Jessweeee♪
12-21-2010, 06:59 PM
I could have sworn I read that FFXIII and Versus were supposed to be in the same universe at least. This was back when they were announced though. If the crystal theme is all they have in common, then I think they may as well have named it FFXV. FFXII had crystals, and the logo for FFIX was a crystal. It's not really "going back" if they barely left it at all :confused:

Oh well. The title is the least of my concerns.

DMKA
12-22-2010, 03:44 AM
FFIX revolved around Crystals too did it not?

Silly Squeenix.

Vyk
12-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Yeah.. And they've retconned FF1 to be about crystals now instead of orbs. It'd probably be easier to think of Final Fantasys that didn't involve crystals

Roogle
12-23-2010, 09:13 PM
The development time for the Final Fantasy titles has become too long to keep the public interested. Hasn't it been over four years now since Final Fantasy XIII Agito was announced, for example?

DMKA
12-24-2010, 02:55 AM
The development time for the Final Fantasy titles has become too long to keep the public interested. Hasn't it been over four years now since Final Fantasy XIII Agito was announced, for example?

I know, it's like Square Enix has became Blizzard!

ShinGundam
12-24-2010, 11:42 AM
At least we are sure 100% it will be localized, unlike some JRPGs :p.

Hot Shot
12-30-2010, 04:57 AM
I just want more info on versus. That's the (one of) main reasons I got a PS3. It looks so much better than XIII (I'm getting it in a few hours, but I'm not all that excited). From what I read about both games, I reckon Noctis' city is in another part of the world and is going through it's own problems because they are the only people left who still have control of their crystal. I'm probably totally wrong, but that's my uneducated guess. I can't wait until we get more info on it (and possibly KH3)

Roogle
12-30-2010, 08:26 PM
Well, I just hope that they release a lot of information on the titles currently in development, because I think a lot of people are wondering what is going on with the company given recent events regarding Final Fantasy XIV. Now, more than ever, it's important to keep in touch with the customer base, I think.

Depression Moon
12-30-2010, 09:12 PM
FF just bought the trademark for the name Final Fantasy Type 0. http://www.siliconera.com/2010/12/29/square-enix-preparing-final-fantasy-type-0/

nirojan
12-31-2010, 12:04 AM
FF just bought the trademark for the name Final Fantasy Type 0. Square Enix Preparing Final Fantasy Type-0? // Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/2010/12/29/square-enix-preparing-final-fantasy-type-0/)

yeah i just read that, big reason why they changed the name from the original FNC announce was to accommodate more games at the conference, so here's to hoping that something new is coming out!

ShinGundam
12-31-2010, 03:33 PM
Final Fantasy Reishiki sounds cool. :p

DMKA
01-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Blah, screw all these spinoffs. Get to work on FFXV and make it awesome.

Roogle
01-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Surprisingly, there has been no talk of Final Fantasy XV. As I mentioned before, the development time for a Final Fantasy title by Square Enix is several years, and with no mention of a Final Fantasy XV right now, it is likely that such a title will not be released to the public for upwards of three to five years.

ShinGundam
01-03-2011, 06:45 PM
FFXV isn't really important at this point, keep it for next generation :eep:.

DMKA
01-06-2011, 04:16 AM
FFXV isn't really important at this point, keep it for next generation :eep:.

It is to me. The spinoffs only interest me when they're not on handhelds, and that's rare.

Wolf Kanno
01-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Update on the event...

FFXIII-2 has been confirmed. Toriyama is dead set on making us love this game as much as he does. It will be released before Versus XIII.

XIII Agito has been kicked out of FNC and has been renamed Final Fantasy Type-0, and will be released later this year.

Versus XIII got an actual gameplay trailer that may or may not get leaked at some point. It's also still PS3 exclusive.

KH3D gets a title.

Duodecim gets two new characters announced, a prequel teaser title that unlocks Aerith as an assist character (not playable) in the main title.

Bolivar
01-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Dude. Seriously, WHY did they rename Agito? I read the guy said it had nothing to do with FFXIII, so they thought they'd make it a new series...

Um, wasn't the only thing in common between the games supposed to be them having to do with the mythology of the crystals? And this game has to do with a crystal war???

This is utterly insane, their arbitrary serialization for the sake of making money is being even further diluted by other, more arbitrary serializations for the sake of making money.

This is bad.

Depression Moon
01-18-2011, 06:22 PM
Update on the event...

FFXIII-2 has been confirmed. Toriyama is dead sent on making us love this game as much as he does. It will be released before Versus XIII.

XIII Agito has been kicked out of FNC and has been renamed Final Fantasy Type-0, and will be released later this year.

Ughhh. How long do we have to wait? Now a game that was announced five years before Versus is coming out before it. Including localization we're going to be waiting for a while.

Also it was just like I had said, AgitoXIII was only called AgitoXIII because it sells better being affiliated with a main entry.

ZeroFusion
01-19-2011, 07:23 AM
I watched the FFXIII-2 trailer yesterday and I wish someone had warned me that it spoils the ending of the original game (I'm in chapter 11 now). As soon as I saw the very first few seconds of the trailer, it became apparent what I'm watching. Couldn't the trailer work even without spoiling the previous title?

Hot Shot
01-19-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm not gonna say I'm not disappointed that Versus is coming out after XIII-2. But from the look of the Versus leaked footage, I'll be willing to wait if they improve on something that looks that brilliant. I don't want them to rush it to please the moany people out there. But I still would want sooner rather than later, but the games quality comes first for me.

Edit: Was there any info on KH3? I'm not too keen on these side stories, I want a console KH game. Is that too much to ask for?

Wolf Kanno
01-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Nomura has said in the past that he's not even going to really talk about KH3 until Versus XIII is released cause most of the core KH team is working on it. So you won't be hearing nothing until then.

Depression Moon
01-19-2011, 07:27 PM
where's the link that shows that he said it's being worked on?

Wolf Kanno
01-19-2011, 07:44 PM
I don't believe he said they were working on KH3. The team is focusing on Versus for now. (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/25/nomura-mentions-three-more-kingdom-hearts-games-in-interview/)

Sorrows Neptune
02-09-2011, 02:12 AM
To those confused about the FFXIII games being based in the same universe:

I think Nomura is saying their based in the same universe in a literal sense. See, the Final Fantasy series is based within a multi-universe, with most FF entries being set within their own universe.

The FFXIII games are also connected as each of the fictional worlds is supposedly going to share the same mythology.