PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand this game's story one bit.

KentaRawr!
12-15-2010, 10:49 PM
Both of the Sin and Punishment games have stories that leave out a lot of details. They're really just space shooters surrounded by aliens, robots, and the power of love. I still don't know where the ruffians came from, the relationship between Kachua, Brad, and Radan, why there's a resistance fighting against the armed volunteers, why the resistance was stealing a transport, what the characters mean when they say they "passed their blood" to one another, and how any of the characters know Achi.

Then, it's even weirder in Sin and Punishment 2. The game itself doesn't mention anything about Inner and Outer Space or there being multiple Earths. If Inner Space is where Isa is from, then that's pretty weird! His parents definitely didn't seem to be aware of there being multiple Earths in the first game, and they didn't seem to be at war with some other Earth! And none of the characters in the first game knew about some creators whose wills they had to obey! When did all this happen? Who are G5/Nebulox, and why are they suddenly around?

Anyway, what are some games you can think of that have total clustersmurf stories?

Roto13
12-15-2010, 11:03 PM
Mega Man X, as a series. For that story to make sense, humans have to be nearly extinct and incredibly oppressive of reploids at the same time.

blackmage_nuke
12-15-2010, 11:16 PM
I couldnt keep track of all the names and organisations in Alpha Protocol and which ones were evil and which ones werent (though I think they all turn out to be evil or something).

ljkkjlcm9
12-17-2010, 01:03 AM
Final Fantasy XIII
I had a rough idea the whole way through, but they through you in as if you already know everything, and never really explain any of it either. I was literally playing final boss, and a bunch of friends who had never seen any of the game happened to show up as I started, and they were looking on oh so confused and I told them not to worry, I didn't understand what was going on either and I played the whole game lol

THE JACKEL

Markus. D
12-24-2010, 02:29 PM
At least it isn't told like Star Ocean IV's story.