PDA

View Full Version : PS3 stolen =(

Carl the Llama
12-18-2010, 01:29 AM
I just discovered last night that my PS3 was stolen from my bedroom, I have had no one over and the thief only took my PS3 so my message to you guys is be wary this winter, lock your doors when no one is in the house, even lock the doors when your asleep, its a time for thievery and those bastards are only going to get more daring as time goes on, I am thankful they only took my PS3 and nothing else.

NorthernChaosGod
12-18-2010, 01:35 AM
I lock my door to go check the mail. o_O

I'm sorry about your console, I know I'd be livid if any of mine went missing.

Jiro
12-18-2010, 01:38 AM
I live in the middle of nowhere, so nobody is going to go to the effort of coming all the way out here and trying to steal something off me. That being said, our doors are still locked. Our windows aren't but you seriously have to climb like up with a ladder if you want to take that route. And all the climbable windows are in the bedrooms. You can't get in my house without being invited :3

Carl the Llama
12-18-2010, 01:39 AM
strangly I am not all that distressed, I would have thought I would have been, but whats weird is I am mourning the loss of my trophies more then the console itself... and all my emblem's on MGS4... I had the Big Boss emblem ; ;

Roto13
12-18-2010, 01:44 AM
strangly I am not all that distressed, I would have thought I would have been, but whats weird is I am mourning the loss of my trophies more then the console itself... and all my emblem's on MGS4... I had the Big Boss emblem ; ;

If you connect your PS3 to the internet, your trophies are likely all synced to your PSNID anyway.

NorthernChaosGod
12-18-2010, 01:47 AM

If you connect your PS3 to the internet, your trophies are likely all synced to your PSNID anyway.

It's this way with Xbox Live, I see no reason for it to not be that way for PSN as well.

Shlup
12-18-2010, 01:59 AM
The only time my door is unlocked is when I am allowing someone to go through it.

kotora
12-18-2010, 02:11 AM

It's this way with Xbox Live, I see no reason for it to not be that way for PSN as well.

because the emblems are not trophies. they're stored on your save file.

Agent0042
12-18-2010, 02:21 AM
That has to hurt. For a long time, my house wasn't locked up, but thankfully nothing was ever stolen. It's locked up now, but it doesn't really have any decent security or anything. I'm planning to move soon, though, and once I do, I will definitely be getting better security.

Roto13
12-18-2010, 02:55 AM

because the emblems are not trophies. they're stored on your save file.

Yes, dear. He's concerned about his MGS emblems AND his trophies, though.

blackmage_nuke
12-18-2010, 03:08 AM
Anyone without a security door thats always locked (except when people are walking through it with your consent) are just asking theives/salesmen/relatives to come snooping around

Vyk
12-18-2010, 03:24 AM
Blaming the victim is fun :P

Sorry about your loss dude. Did you report it? Do you have house/property insurance that might cover the loss?

Yar
12-18-2010, 03:53 AM
I live in the middle of nowhere, so nobody is going to go to the effort of coming all the way out here and trying to steal something off me. That being said, our doors are still locked. Our windows aren't but you seriously have to climb like up with a ladder if you want to take that route. And all the climbable windows are in the bedrooms. You can't get in my house without being invited :3

I have no problem going to your house!

Carl the Llama
12-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Anyone without a security door thats always locked (except when people are walking through it with your consent) are just asking theives/salesmen/relatives to come snooping around

I have lived in this house for about 15 years and have always had the back door unlocked at all times and this is the first time something like this has happened.

Blaming the victim is fun :P

Sorry about your loss dude. Did you report it? Do you have house/property insurance that might cover the loss?

Unfortunately I have no house insurance so there isn't much I can do really, and I would report it to the Police if I thought they could do anything about it other then advise me to lock my back door, apparently crime in my area is up by 25% from last year alone... its getting crazy.

Laddy
12-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. D:

Rodarian
12-18-2010, 02:13 PM
WHAT !!! I'm so sorry to hear the news!! I'm glad you're feeling slightly mellow about it but I sure would be upset and crying to bits! I hope the bastard gets whats coming to him!!:mad2::hot:

Rantz
12-18-2010, 11:43 PM
Hide your games.

Hide your pokemon.

And hide your consoles, cause they're taking every PS3 out there.

Depression Moon
12-19-2010, 12:10 AM
Did the burglar just take the PS3 only?

Jessweeee♪
12-19-2010, 12:20 AM
Yeah, selling stolen game consoles around Christmastime is a good (if illegal) way to make money. It's no surprise that a thief would specifically target your PS3. Sorry for your loss :(

Old Manus
12-19-2010, 12:20 AM
He must have equipped the Copycat deathstreak

rubah
12-19-2010, 04:40 AM
Man, I don't lock anything, and leave my stuff out.

However, my paranoid friend got his backpack stolen this semester. Go figure?

Vyk
12-19-2010, 05:19 AM
Man, I don't lock anything, and leave my stuff out.

However, my paranoid friend got his backpack stolen this semester. Go figure?

That reminds me of one of the thieving events at work. Everyone got their change stolen out of their lockers. Even out of their purses. Yet my locker was always left wide open. I always had a tin full of change sitting right at the front. And nobody wanted it. Guess they were after the thrill. Or perhaps they smelled a trap xD

blackmage_nuke
12-19-2010, 06:12 AM
Or they thought by leaving your tin of change there they could divert suspicions to you but apparently that didnt work.

Mirage
12-19-2010, 09:02 AM
i wonder if sony would be able to identify a specific PS3 connected to their PSN network, regardless of which user account is on it. It is probably possible to track your PS3 down if it gets connected to the internet, but I doubt the police will bother with spending resources on it, and you can't get an IP address linked to a street address without going through the po-pos, I think. At least not over here. ISPs generally keep that crap secret.

Carl the Llama
12-19-2010, 02:31 PM
Did the burglar just take the PS3 only?

my PS3 God of War III and Final Fantasy XIII, he skipped a buttload of other games which was also peculiar.

Vyk
12-19-2010, 02:46 PM
I have a suspicion you may know the burglar. Who breaks into a random house hoping the occupant has a PS3 and God of War?

Carl the Llama
12-19-2010, 03:06 PM
I have a suspicion you may know the burglar. Who breaks into a random house hoping the occupant has a PS3 and God of War?

Funny you should say that I have assumed it was someone I knew as they went straight past all the xmas presents and nabbed just the PS3 and those games. (FFXIII was in the console at the time but the case went too...).

Depression Moon
12-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Yeah I would think a burglar would steal the presents and your coin jar too.

Roto13
12-19-2010, 08:12 PM
Keep an eye on Craigslist for your PS3 and games.

Vyk
12-19-2010, 09:39 PM
I would think if they wanted to make a profit, they'd take all the games. Not just those two. Unless they have a specific buyer lined up. Or were those the only two PS3 games you had? It goes without saying, but I'd also keep an eye out for idiotic acquaintances who suddenly are like 'Hey, I just got a PS3 and these two games' (possibly for Christmas, the perfect cover)

Rocket Edge
12-19-2010, 09:41 PM
That sucks man. I'd throw a fit if my PS3 was gone over the holidays. :(

Carl the Llama
12-19-2010, 10:33 PM
I would think if they wanted to make a profit, they'd take all the games. Not just those two. Unless they have a specific buyer lined up. Or were those the only two PS3 games you had? It goes without saying, but I'd also keep an eye out for idiotic acquaintances who suddenly are like 'Hey, I just got a PS3 and these two games' (possibly for Christmas, the perfect cover)

I have loads of PS3 games, which was weird, I think they must have been in a rush to get in and steal something and get away asap. It is also the reason I think it was someone who knew me as they went straight for my room and the PS3.

The games that were stolen were sat beside my PS3 at the time so it might have been just impulse to grab the games.

Mirage
12-19-2010, 11:30 PM
You can still you know, ask Sony if they're able to do what I suggested.