PDA

View Full Version : elbokoloco

sir helix
12-18-2010, 03:18 PM
i was playing ff9 last night and went from a yellow chocobo to the red one and cleared about 15 chocographs, i had been saving after each one and then shut off my ps2, about four or so hours later i decided to play it again and when i went to load my game back up it had me back to a reef chocobo with only 6 graphs completed, no matter how many times i save it keeps loading me back to the same spot, whats the problem?

nik0tine
12-19-2010, 01:54 AM
I've never heard of this happening before.

Have you tried saving a new file on a new slot?

FFIX Choco Boy
12-19-2010, 12:17 PM
If you have another mem card, try transferring your data to it, deleting the original, then resaving on your normal mem card. However, make sure to try loading the transferred data first, because if the data is corrupt, it may not want to load a copied version.

sir helix
12-19-2010, 06:49 PM
i tranferred my file to my gf's card, it works fine on hers on my card its the only game that i cant save without having to re start where i previously loaded my game..........im sad iv had this card since the ps1 first came out

Ramza Beoulve
12-20-2010, 06:35 AM
Memory cards for the ps1 and ps2 are made with Flash memory. It allows them to be rewritable, but, flash memory has limited rewrite cycles. They start dying after thousands of rewrites (New cards have longer lifes, but we are talking about a flash memory of 15 years ago, more or less).

Considering that your memory card has quite a lot of years of use, the memory has worn out. Recover the data, and get a new card.