PDA

View Full Version : Familiarity breeds... Content?

Heath
12-20-2010, 04:06 PM
I recently bought a game that refused to work for me. I shan't tell you that it was likely because of the godawful Windows Live program that it wouldn't work, because that would be petty and have no relevance to this thread.

Anyway, as a result of the above misadventure, I decided to start a new game of FFVII. I agonised for a few minutes over which people to use in my party and thought that I might try a bit of a change. In my more recent playthroughs, I think I've used Cait Sith, Barret and Yuffie and so I thought I'd have a bit of a change. I settled on using Tifa, but then just didn't feel particularly enthused about using Red XIII. So, despite my attempts not to include Yuffie in my party, I'm currently wandering around towards Gongaga with Yuffie in my party. Perhaps I'll swap her for Cid or Red XIII? Who knows?

Perhaps I'm just a pervert in wanting the two women in my party? Or perhaps I just think Cloud is just a bloody pimp (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-archive/40420-bartz-not-bloody-pimp.html).

Anyway, are there characters you find that you always end up using? Or do you ever find yourself in this particular dilemma, of wanting to not use a particular character because you always use them? Let's not include Cloud in this!

Marky Tee
12-20-2010, 04:56 PM
why the heck would you use cait sith?

Heath
12-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Sheer comedy value and I know if I was in a fight, I'd damn well want a giant cuddly toy fighting on my side.

Saber
12-20-2010, 06:04 PM
I end up casting stones towards Cait Sith, Red XIII, Vincent and Tifa. Cloud, Barret, Cid, Yuffie always get their gold star, master materia, and stat sources.

Oh when I go to the gold saucer I pick Tifa and Cid to come with :)

Laddy
12-20-2010, 06:52 PM
REDXIII and Tifa, mostly.

Jessweeee♪
12-20-2010, 09:04 PM
I usually end up with Cid when I want to change things up. For some reason I just don't use him that often. I think if I ever pick FFVII up again I'll pick Cait Sith and Cid.

MJN SEIFER
12-20-2010, 10:41 PM
why the heck would you use cait sith?

Because he's cool.

Vermachtnis
12-20-2010, 11:07 PM
I always use Yuffie.

VeloZer0
12-21-2010, 01:24 PM
I always end up using Cid, for all the usual reasons. And on top of that Dragoon is my favorite FF class, which Cid clearly draws inspiration from.

Loony BoB
12-21-2010, 01:36 PM
REDXIII and Tifa, mostly.
Yep.

Everyone else got their turn on occasion, though. Mostly forced. :p

Wolf Kanno
12-22-2010, 04:40 AM
I'm guilty of this for VII. I just like using Tifa and Vincent despite not actually liking either character. I really should use Barret and Cid more... I actually like using Cait Sith but was never partial to Red XIII except for the fact the Seraph Comb has a huge attack power for the point it appears in the game. Love using Aerith but we know how that goes. HATE YUFFIE!!!!!!! :hot:

Heath
12-24-2010, 12:48 AM
I'm thinking I might dump Yuffie in favour of Cid. Just got the Highwind so will probably use Yuffie until I get Cloud back. Will I stick to this? Possibly not, given my track record!

Jiro
12-24-2010, 04:05 AM
The only people I don't use are Aeris and Cait Sith.

escobert
01-10-2011, 03:01 AM
Vincent, Red XIII, Cid or Cait Sith mostly.