PDA

View Full Version : Rinoa Was Lost in Space Forever

Yar
12-21-2010, 08:38 AM
If this happens, what would it do to the story?

Excluding Squall being emo about losing her.

Rantz
12-21-2010, 08:54 AM
Oooh, what if Piet joined the party?

Vyk
12-21-2010, 12:33 PM
What if Squall was the sorceress!

Rocket Edge
12-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Quistis would already be scheming up a way to get Squall drunk and take advantage of him.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Quistis would already be scheming up a way to get Squall drunk and take advantage of him.

Secretly, she already does that.

Jessweeee♪
12-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Ultimecia would rule the world through time kompression.

Vermachtnis
12-21-2010, 07:35 PM
We'd get to keep Edea.

MJN SEIFER
12-21-2010, 09:04 PM

Squall would take is space helmet off, and the game would end. :cry:

And yeah, losing a loved one is how you become emo. Nothing to do with joining a culture, because you like the dress sense. Nope not at all :roll2

Vyk
12-22-2010, 12:09 AM
Nah, Quistis could take control of the team in his absense, and the game would get SO much better (possibly)

Jiro
12-24-2010, 04:05 AM
He would probably remember 20 game hours ago and realise he didn't even like her anyway.

Yar
12-24-2010, 05:17 AM
What does it do to the cycle of time?

Vyk
12-24-2010, 06:31 AM
Nothing, unless Rinoa actually was Ultimecia. Otherwise, there were, and would be other sorceresses. So I can't imagine her death would have a huge impact on the whole

Yar
12-25-2010, 04:48 AM
But without Rinoa, how do they defeat Ultimecia?

If they don't defeat her, time cannot cycle properly.

Vyk
12-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Is she seriously required to face Ultimecia? Pretty sure she got KO'd when I killed Ulti

Jessweeee♪
12-25-2010, 06:12 PM
The more they defeat Ultimecia, the more she passes her powers onto Edea. She'll get stronger and stronger until forever!

MJN SEIFER
12-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Nothing, unless Rinoa actually was Ultimecia. Otherwise, there were, and would be other sorceresses. So I can't imagine her death would have a huge impact on the whole

She's not, I actually can back this up. And Squall DOES care about Rinoa, that much is apparent from disk 1.

blackmage_nuke
12-27-2010, 02:09 PM
After getting recovered from space, Rinoa proceeds to develop a stronger relationship with squall and get captured two more times (once at the sorceress holding facility and again by Adel) Without her, the crew dont have to rescue her and the Adel boss fight becomes a lot easier. All that happens is in the end Squall wont have anyone to bring him back from his lonely desert world but by then the cycle is already complete.

But theres probably more im forgetting and her Angel Wing limit is bitchin

Vyk
12-28-2010, 06:08 AM
So the game is literally better off without her? I was just being sarcastic, but wow :D

MJN SEIFER
12-28-2010, 04:58 PM
I wouldn't agree to the loss of my second favorite FF character (and my first too, becuase Squall would either die, or be character assassinated with Rinoa gone).

Serapy
12-30-2010, 12:59 AM
Initially,

Rinoa becomes lost in space forever.
Adel becomes stuck in a confined space forever.
Ultimecia becomes stuck in unknown time forever.

And yet, they all were rescued in the end.
A lion is very loyal, even to the family of his princess - he saves them all in various methods (saving Rinoa, defeating Ultimecia, etc.)

Yar
12-30-2010, 01:15 AM
Rinoa drifts through space after Ultimecia deserts her body, which is after Adel's seal has been broken. :/

Crop
12-30-2010, 09:33 PM
The game might have actually had a chance to turn out half decent.

EMX
01-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Squall would get really angry and start cutting muthafuggers up left, right and centre.

Jiro
01-01-2011, 04:34 PM
I wonder if Rinoa's powers would be able to be transferred if she just sort of died in space. If she couldn't, then the party would have to kill Adel and then convince the inheritor to work with them to kill some freaky future witch.

The more you think about this game, the more my head hurts :monster:

Christmas
01-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Squall can make do with her dog, who dun want some doggy love? :bigsmile:

Big D
01-15-2011, 10:52 AM

Excluding Squall being emo about losing her.Squall would probably have died too, since he wouldn't have had the presence of mind to make his way to the relative safety of Ragnarok.

Rinoa knows that Ultimecia's eventually going to inherit her powers, generations down the line. If Rinoa were to die in space without passing on her powers, I can see one of two things happening:

(1) The future changes, and Ultimecia never becomes a sorceress, thus nullifying most of the game's plot

(2) ...unless, of course, Ultimecia inherited the powers of other sorceresses too. After all, Edea was already a sorceress when she took over Ultimecia's powers, so we know that one sorceresses can have more than one 'set' of power. In that case, the world's reasonably doomed because Squall and Rinoa were quite inextricably interwoven with the events leading to Ultimecia's downfall.

Another possibility is that Rinoa couldn't actually die without first passing on her powers, as is discussed in the game in relation to other sorceresses. In that case, she'd drift through space on the brink of death, probably eventually falling back to land with the Lunar Cry. She'd then pass on her powers and die, the doomsday scenario above would play out again.

Either way, it wouldn't be good news for anyone really. Least of all for Squall and Rinoa.

Hollycat
01-15-2011, 06:48 PM

I would throw my psp out the window.

for real

Baloki
01-22-2011, 04:32 PM
If you didn't reach her in time didn't it have a custom ending where her helmet shatters and she dies or something or did I just hope for that?

Hollycat
01-22-2011, 05:18 PM
thats just you

Vyk
01-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Wait, there is a time limit. What happens if you don't make it on time? Game over and try again? Or does time stop and just wait for you to finally get over there? Why even have a time limit then!

Rinoa can breathe vacuum for infinity