PDA

View Full Version : Disgaea 4 yo.

NeoCracker
12-22-2010, 05:44 AM
Disgaea 4 coming to PS3 in Japan February 2011 | Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/17/disgaea-4-coming-to-japan-for-ps3-in-february-2011/)

Well, next year is promising to be insanely awesome in gaming.

Vyk
12-22-2010, 09:21 AM
I never played 2 or 3, or anything after Disgaea, as they were switching the format in weird ways. But I'm glad the series is still going. Maybe I'll pick up the others some day

Mirage
12-22-2010, 10:08 AM
Switching formats in what kinds of weird ways? The games are very similar in gameplay, and are all on either PS2 or PS3.

Ultima Shadow
12-22-2010, 11:24 AM
*instant orgasm*

Vyk
12-22-2010, 03:57 PM
Switching formats in what kinds of weird ways? The games are very similar in gameplay, and are all on either PS2 or PS3.

I didn't mean the Disgaea series specifically. I meant Phantom Brave (I think?) started using circles instead of square tiles. Which didn't interest me at the time. I heard you could overlap multiple characters. Which sounded like a cheap way to fight. An interesting but failed experiment I guess

Roto13
12-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Disgaea sucks.

NeoCracker
12-22-2010, 07:03 PM

I didn't mean the Disgaea series specifically. I meant Phantom Brave (I think?) started using circles instead of square tiles. Which didn't interest me at the time. I heard you could overlap multiple characters. Which sounded like a cheap way to fight. An interesting but failed experiment I guess

I actually preffered the setup in Makai Kingdom best. I dislike the later Disgaea Maps for Geo-Panel setups that feel more like puzzle games the SRPGs. :p

That said, I've not played the first Disgaea, only 2 and 3, and 3 was insanely awesome.

And no one cares Roto.

Roto13
12-22-2010, 07:19 PM
weeaboo

NeoCracker
12-22-2010, 07:30 PM
weeaboo

Well you're gay.

Madame Adequate
12-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Disgaea sucks.

lol, good one

Mirage
12-23-2010, 07:29 AM

I actually preffered the setup in Makai Kingdom best. I dislike the later Disgaea Maps for Geo-Panel setups that feel more like puzzle games the SRPGs. :p

That said, I've not played the first Disgaea, only 2 and 3, and 3 was insanely awesome.

Well, you don't usually have to use geo panels if you don't want to.

NeoCracker
12-24-2010, 02:53 AM

Well, you don't usually have to use geo panels if you don't want to.

For the most part yes, it's just a few of the last maps in 3 were like that. It was way more about solving the geo-panel puzzle of the stage then it was actually playing an SRPG. On a whole it's not like that, just a couple BS maps, not nearly enough to ruin the game.

Ultima Shadow
12-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Geo panels are awesome and adds more depth to the gameplay. :greenie:

Mirage
12-24-2010, 03:45 PM
I like using their effects, but I don't care much about getting 20000 color combos and :bou::bou::bou::bou: like that.

Ultima Shadow
12-24-2010, 11:34 PM
I do it to get awesome stuff in the item world. Plus it can be a great way to deal with enemies that would otherwise be too tough to take on. A really powerful Geo-panel blast can kill a lot. =D