PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Food

Shorty
12-23-2010, 08:04 PM
Favorite foods of this holiday's season! Do you and your family have a Christmas turkey or roast or ham? Do you have pies or cookies or cobbler? Any other traditional dishes for your family? Do you have a big Christmas breakfast, or a dinner instead?

My family will probably do a big breakfast and a big dinner (there won't be room for lunch). We'll probably have a beef roast for dinner and I'm thinking of making a peanut butter silk pie for dessert.

Name your favorite holiday foods!

Remon
12-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Turkey :Q___

Miriel
12-23-2010, 08:22 PM
For Christmas dinner, Del Murder and I had:

Shrimp & crab scampi with linguine
Creamy dungeness crab & corn bisque
Homemade rustic bread

Also making a Pecan pie today.

I made everything from scratch, including my own shellfish stock. I am god damn hardcore.

We celebrated our own personal Christmas early, since the next few days will be devoted to family dinners and whatnot.

For Post-Christmas celebrations with my side of the family, I think I will make paella. It's great for large groups, looks more impressive imho than a turkey or a ham, and it's out of this world delicious.

Christmas Eve Breakfast will be:

Frittata with bacon, mushrooms, potatoes, onions, and red bell peppers
Brioche french toast

I love cooking for the Holidays. It's my favorite thing.

Psychotic
12-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Those little sausages wrapped in bacon. Ultimate glory from the gods in Olympus themselves.

Peegee
12-23-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm already sucking on candycanes

omg I'm having flashbacks of my gf when i was 18 - her screen name was candycane51 or something I forget who cares.

NorthernChaosGod
12-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Turkey and ham and tamales and mashed potatoes! We get different kinds of salads and desserts each year.

Madame Adequate
12-23-2010, 09:58 PM
I love clams. Big, fat clams, with juices running off them. The hairy variety is the best of all at Christmastime!

Depression Moon
12-23-2010, 09:58 PM
The food's the same as Thanksgiving for me.

Chris
12-23-2010, 11:26 PM
The one time of the year when we get duck. Duck meat is seriously the most delicious meat there is. I think I'll eat an entire duck by myself.

Clo
12-24-2010, 12:41 AM
I love sweet potatoes! I always have them on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Heath
12-24-2010, 12:50 AM
Lebkuchen. Wonderful, soft, German gingerbread in dark chocolate. Every year I make a trip to Lidl or Aldi to pick some up as the other supermarkets never seem to stock it.

Depression Moon
12-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Mom's cooking up some sweet potatoes, dressing, turkey, ham, macaroni & cheese, and rolls.

Her friend's going to have a few things different, but most importantly a dirt cake for me. Have any of you ever heard of egg nog cake?

Chloe.
12-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Those little sausages wrapped in bacon. Ultimate glory from the gods in Olympus themselves.

I love these, we always have them. Also can't wait to have some turkey!

Rantz
12-25-2010, 01:18 AM
Mmmm I had Christmas lunch 12 hours ago and I'm still full

I snacked a bit since then, but still.

fire_of_avalon
12-25-2010, 04:49 AM
We don't really have breakfast or supper in our house on Christmas or Thanksgiving day. We have enormous meals in the middle of the day. For Thanksgiving, I loooove ham and my daddy's made from scratch cheesecake (omg omg omg this year he said he wasn't gonna make it so I did this ":O!" and then he made it!) and sweet potatoes. And biscuits.