PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Sphere Grid

FFIX Choco Boy
12-24-2010, 02:41 AM
I'm starting to play my 134 hour file again, and I've noticed that while I have 255 in all stats but luck, I could be optimizing much better. I look through my sphere grid, and I find abilities I no longer use (elemental magic, jinx, spare change, a few others), I find non-optimized stat nodes (1-3 points in a single stat, or 200 hp, 20 or 30 mp, nodes), and I also find quite a few empty nodes. Now, I'm not sure what the base stats are for all the characters, but I want to try to get rid of all the useless abilities and the non-optimized stat nodes using clear spheres, then put all +4 stats, 300 hps, or 40 mps in. Now, assuming the only skills I keep are Focus, Cheer, Full Life, Auto Life, Doublecast, Flare, Ultima, Quick Hit, Mug, and Copycat, what is the highest amount of health I can get with Rikku (Who has the lowest base health) when she has a +30% armor on, assuming I get all stats including luck to 255 with all chars, and 999 mp?

Also, in order to get all those stats and mp, exactly how many +4 nodes of each kind should I have? I counted all of them I have so far, and I farmed enough spheres to total 64 of each except luck and magic so far, and I need to know exactly how many 4 nodes will get all 7 characters to 255.

Edit: Original NA version.

Edit2: I did a little research, and found that I need 63 +4s of each type to max out all characters, except luck which I need 60 of. Then 25 +40 mps. That's a total of 526 nodes on stats and mp. Plus my 10 skills I want to keep, that's 536. If anyone sees any good skills I missed that should stay on the grid, please tell me. I just need to figure out how many total nodes are on the grid and I can figure it out.

Pete for President
12-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Are you planning on giving everyone max HP + Break HP Limit as well? Not to downgrade your goal or anything, but I would consider that as useless as 9999hp suits best with what most think of 'perfect' armor.

As for abilities, you might want to leave 'Aim' and 'Flee' on the grid. 'Aim' so you can still hit & farm Dark Aeons if needed and 'Flee' just in case you forgot to equip no-encounters and encounter some random time-wastish mob.

That's all I can help I guess, good luck!

Oh btw, don't forget to leave 'Bribe' on it aswell, unless you have customized everything you'll ever want to customize. If that's the case, 'Aim' would be no longer relevant either. Anyway good luck!

FFIX Choco Boy
12-26-2010, 02:54 AM
I don't have international, so Dark Aeons are out. But the armors I have for everyone do BHPL, HP+30%, Auto Prot, Auto Haste. I like the setup for this, because of all the time and hassle it saves.

Old Manus
12-31-2010, 06:00 PM
Ditch HP+30% and get auto-phoenix

FFIX Choco Boy
01-01-2011, 06:30 AM
I've messed with Auto Phoenix before, and I find it to be better to just Auto Life my party because with HP +30%, the only things that will kill my characters is Armageddon, any thing else can be healed up after surviving.

Pete for President
01-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Don't you think curing all your party members who have HP+30% and BHPL can be kind of bothersome? Don't you need several curaga's to heal to the max?

FFIX Choco Boy
01-03-2011, 02:33 AM
Yeah, but a phoenix down on someone who would have lived through a hit is even more bothersome. And there's healing them, afterwords, too.