PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of Meth Questions

Baloki
12-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Sorry to bring this to you so late. I have to see my dealer in the morning and there are a couple of questions that I'm having trouble understanding how to solve. questions like these will show up. Googling my question doesn't help much.

Here is question 1.
At the park, a hit costs $1. If you sell it on, you get $4. If the chance of selling it on is 10%, how much money should you lose each time you take a hit instead of selling on (what is the expected value)? How much will I lose?

Question 2
Sum the dealers 1 + 2 + 3 + .... + 5
This is familiar to me and I know there is a simple solution, but I can't remember which dealer is number 5.

Pheesh
12-26-2010, 07:13 PM
The answer to both questions is 'more meth'.

Yar
12-27-2010, 04:38 AM
Baloki needs meth tanked imo

Peegee
12-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Sorry to bring this to you so late. I have to see my dealer in the morning and there are a couple of questions that I'm having trouble understanding how to solve. questions like these will show up. Googling my question doesn't help much.

Here is question 1.
At the park, a hit costs $1. If you sell it on, you get $4. If the chance of selling it on is 10%, how much money should you lose each time you take a hit instead of selling on (what is the expected value)? How much will I lose?

Question 2
Sum the dealers 1 + 2 + 3 + .... + 5
This is familiar to me and I know there is a simple solution, but I can't remember which dealer is number 5.

wtf is the second question asking?

For the first one, the expected sell rate is 10% - if you fail to sell, you take the hit and lose the item?

So for every 10 hits you sell 1. That means you lose 6$ per 10 hits, on average. Or you lose 60 cents per hit.

Right? I don't know. I just applied logic instead of math