PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Fever

Rye
12-26-2010, 04:35 PM
I am caught in a blizzard. As of now, the predictions for the total snow fall in my area of New York is 22".

I am bugging out. I hate not being able to the leave the house, even if it is just for trivial means. Last time I drove in the snow, I almost got into a serious car accident (breaks stopped working, eep!) so I'm not doing it again. How will I get to work on Monday? ;__;

When was the last time you were stuck in the house and got cabin fever?

Jessweeee♪
12-26-2010, 05:52 PM
This thread has made me realize I literally have not left the house for a month at least xD

NorthernChaosGod
12-26-2010, 08:09 PM
I was pretty sick earlier this week and I was getting pretty antsy because Christmas was nearing and I didn't want to be sick on Christmas.

This thread has made me realize I literally have not left the house for a month at least xD

How do you even do that? :eek:

Laddy
12-26-2010, 08:25 PM
It's snowing! Snowing in Memphis! This like, never happens! Oh my god!!!

Jessweeee♪
12-26-2010, 08:26 PM
Apparently it snowed here early this morning but I think that's just a bunch of bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: because it was supposed to be in the upper forties.

Vermachtnis
12-26-2010, 08:28 PM
There was a power outtage for 2 days. After my DS and Laptop died I was so bored. And I couldn't go anyway cause it was really, really icy. It made me realize I need better games for my PSP cause it didn't die and still have full battery icon when the power came back on. And since it was the only thing left I played it longer than the DS and Laptop combined.

Remon
12-26-2010, 08:45 PM
There was this period when I would get the flu a day and become better after 3 days and then get sick again. So I decided not to go out for a while :P. No school for 1 and a half weeks. More like divine cabin fever.

Shlup
12-26-2010, 09:52 PM
I do not recall ever facing this affliction. Southern California FTW?

Levian
12-26-2010, 10:12 PM
Must be the snowstorm that hit my town in 2007. I've never seen such a huge amount of snow before ever, it was impossible for cars to drive anywhere so the roads were all filled with skiers instead. Fun. Total chaos.

Clo
12-26-2010, 10:28 PM
For some reason I disregarded that this was in General Chat and thought it was about the movie Cabin Fever, in which case I was about to go off about the "PANCAKES" scene.

I live in WNY, and something is always trapping in my house, be it snow, sleet, wind, or rabid and depressed Bills fans.

Rye
12-26-2010, 10:50 PM
Oh god, that scene is amazing. PAAAAAAAANCAAAAAAKESSSSSS.

Clo
12-26-2010, 10:57 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/QstuIhn8-qI/0.jpg
PANCAAAAAKES!

fire_of_avalon
12-27-2010, 12:21 AM
I have 14 inches of snow outside right now and I'll be damned before I get trapped inside. I went to work today, I'll go to work tomorrow, and I'll keep going to work until my car is underneath the snow and I have to train my dogs into a sled team.

Peegee
12-27-2010, 05:34 AM
I remember when I worked at home. Now that I don't, I have to drive about 3 blocks every day to get to the train station. Still, would be nice to get stuck indoors for months at a time.

I guess I might get cabin fever? But that's what going outside during weekends and after work is for

Rye
12-27-2010, 03:31 PM
We have what looks like two feet outside, and the plows haven't even come around yet. Living in a cul-de-sac, that basically means I'm completely trapped. XD Wahhhhh.

fire_of_avalon
12-28-2010, 01:30 AM
I'm telling you. Sled team. Get yourself a garbage can lid and gather up the neighborhood dogs and large rodents. It will be epic.

Heath
12-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Last time I was stuck in the house was years and years ago when I lived in a little village in Wales. I was only about 9 at the time and the fact that it flooded in the village below meant that I got a day off school. I was very happy. Otherwise, I've never really been stuck because of the weather!

I almost got stranded in York because of the bad weather in Wales the weekend before last, but the trains were running okay so I managed to get back.

Breine
12-28-2010, 10:04 PM
I live in Denmark. It happens.

Shorty
12-28-2010, 10:22 PM
I haven't been snowed in for years. It makes it difficult when the bitch sun won't let the temperature drop below 80 degrees. I can usually find something to do when I'm feeling restless and stuck at the house, though. You can always rearrange furniture.

Dignified Pauper
12-28-2010, 11:22 PM
Saw off the handles of some rackets, strap 'em to your shoes, and get out there!