PDA

View Full Version : order of play?

Marky Tee
12-27-2010, 08:41 PM
ok what order of characters is it best to play the game?
or is the whole point that you can do it in any order and it should still make sense?

catfish
12-27-2010, 10:46 PM
It pretty much makes sense regardless of what order you do the stories. I started with Zidane and then Tidus and left the most difficult stories for last. That worked for me. Some of the characters are travelling together and so their stories are linked but I didn't find my jumpy order messing with that at all.

Marky Tee
12-28-2010, 08:29 AM
yeah i satred with zidane too simply because 9 is my favourite
also you are from scotland :p
awesome

catfish
12-28-2010, 05:18 PM
That's why I started with him too. Always had a soft spot for 9 so I figured I'd start with my favourite. Zidane is still my highest level character so far in the game because I also find him to be one of the most useful and easy to use. I didn't like Warrior of Light because he had so few attacks so he was one of the last ones I used. And yeah, I'm from Scotland and it is very awesome!

Wolf Kanno
12-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Characters get better once you level up a couple of their skills. WoL and Firion especially become evil killing machines once you learn their branching attacks.

Their is an order to the story but if memory serves me correct it still jumps around a bit. I usually suggest sticking with groups that the story puts together, so for instance: since you started with Zidane, I would go through Squall and Bartz next just so you can see the complete part of their story.

Cecil, Tidus and Firion are all together, Onion Knight and Terra are teamed up and Cloud moves between a few different teams. WoL is by himself and technically his story is the final one of the Heroes chronologically. Still, do whatever you want really. The game has a cutscene viewer so if you ever need to try and make since of the crazy plot you can always use that. :D

Marky Tee
12-29-2010, 09:14 PM
. And yeah, I'm from Scotland and it is very awesome!

i wouldn't go that far ;p

Roogle
12-29-2010, 09:19 PM
I am not a fan of fragmented plots. It would have been nice if the developers had created a chronological list of events and allowed the player to go by that or decide their own way to play through the game. I was confused about which scenario to play first and decided to do them in numerical order, but that leaves you having to start one of the most difficult scenarios and, chronologically speaking, final scenarios. I hope that this is something that is more linear in Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy.

SuperMillionaire
12-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Cloud and Cecil have the easiest storylines, while Terra and the Warrior of Light have the hardest storylines. In order to unlock the museum, you need to clear at least two Destiny Odysseys, so if you want to unlock the museum as early as possible, I recommend playing Cloud and Cecil's storylines first.

Mercen-X
01-03-2011, 11:04 PM
I started using Warrior of Light. Then I started going from the most difficult stories down to the easier ones. At least, I think that's how I did it. Where am I?