PDA

View Full Version : my mouth hurts

rubah
12-28-2010, 05:05 AM
I got my wisdom teeth taken out today. Before the doctor started, he showed me the x-ray again, how all four of my teeth were pointing out at at least 45 degree angles, then started telling me about how much cutting he'd have to do.

So then I almost got sick, so they got me on the gas, and I was barely able to be indignant at the injection of anaesthetic.

but now, that's worn off, and I'm stuck drinking smoothies and milkshakes and soup (although I did swallow a small mushroom mom had cooked. So tasty ;_; )

basically I want recipes for smoothies.

Ingredients list:
fruits
granny smith apples
oranges
green grapes
strawberries
blackberries
grapefruit
veggies
avocado
tomato
cucumbers
carrots
misc
blueberry, strawberry, cherry yogurt
honey
pancake and chocolate syrup
chocolate, vanilla ice cream
milk

Laddy
12-28-2010, 05:11 AM
k

Clo
12-28-2010, 05:11 AM
You don't have these ingredients, but I swear this is delicious!

Cantaloupe smoothie:

20 ice cubes
2 c cubed cantaloupe (about half a melon)
6 oz low-fat plain yogurt
5 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp grated fresh finger

Pheesh
12-28-2010, 06:11 AM
Lemon, Orange, Lime, Ice, Sorbet.

Not a smoothie, but better than any drink on this planet.

Peegee
12-28-2010, 06:19 AM
>my mouth hurts

I lol'd

ps smoothie: frozen strawbee, plain yoghurt, sugar for taste (but the strawbee already has sugar)

blend. enjoy

it's more of a sorbet than a smoothie though

Dignified Pauper
12-28-2010, 07:12 AM
Ingredients list:
fruits
granny smith apples
oranges
green grapes
strawberries
blackberries
grapefruit
veggies
avocado
tomato
cucumbers
carrots
misc
blueberry, strawberry, cherry yogurt
honey
pancake and chocolate syrup
chocolate, vanilla ice cream
milk

I hope you have yogurt.

Strawberries, Blackberries, and honey with some vanilla icecream (since no yogurt) makes for a great smoothie. If you had Raspberries, it'd be better. Oranges actually would compliment the berry nice. The berry smoothie at my gym uses orange juice.

Yeargdribble
12-28-2010, 07:54 AM
my mouth hurts

I had a comment about how to avoid that, but then I actually read your post.

I'd suggest being very careful with food. I thought I was being really good about keeping my gaping mouth wounds clean, but I ended up with a dry socket anyway. No fun.

I enjoyed ramen swallowed whole instead of chewed. Worked like a charm for having something warm and semi-solid without too much worry of food stuffs getting caught back there.

Jessweeee♪
12-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Don't eat rice! The little grains of rice will fall into the wound and get stuck and you'll get infected and it'll hurt and your jaw will feel like it does now only you'll get better before that so it'll suck even more!

Did you act all loopy? When we were bringing my boyfriend home after getting his wisdom teeth taken out, I helped him take gauze out of his mouth and he started to cry because he thought I had stolen his tongue and tossed it onto the road. It broke my heart :(

rubah
12-28-2010, 06:49 PM
no, I did not confuse gauze for my tongue, although the hydrocodone has led to some interesting waking dreams.

I have stitches; how is there a hole big enough for things to fall into? (I can't open my mouth wide enough to actually see, which is why I ask)
oh maaaaaaaaaaaan. This sucks! I can barely open my mouth, and I'm so tired. But at least my parents and kishi are taking good care of me. aaaaaagh

Jessweeee♪
12-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure but apparently there's usually a hole big enough, stitches or not. I got mine infected and it hurt ;_;

rubah
12-28-2010, 06:54 PM
:| I think I'm being careful enough, but my dad explained why I can't use a straw (losing the blood clot -> dry socket?) so now I'm scared ;_; I've tried to gently swish/gargle water to make sure nothing is getting stuck in there

TheGlassesGirl
12-28-2010, 08:15 PM
Butterscotch and chocolate ice cream topping, vanilla ice cream, milk and ice. Best milkshake I've ever had.

Shlup
12-28-2010, 10:10 PM
When I got my wisdom teeth out I lived off ice cream, mashed potatoes, and apple sauce. And pills. It was one of the best weeks of my life.

rubah
12-29-2010, 12:44 AM
somebody won't let me have a pill more often than once every three hours ;_;

Peegee
12-29-2010, 12:48 AM
somebody won't let me have a pill more often than once every three hours ;_;

You should really be taking that pill once every 24 hours, on that 24th hour, preferably.

Meat Puppet
12-29-2010, 07:49 AM
k

Did you say something about blowjobs and get your post deleted, too?

Peegee
12-29-2010, 03:48 PM
k

Did you say something about blowjobs and get your post deleted, too?

I wouldn't know until you posted it.

kotora
12-29-2010, 03:57 PM
drink a lot of alcohol to protect them wounds from infection

Peegee
12-29-2010, 04:15 PM
drink a lot of alcohol to protect them wounds from infection

ew