PDA

View Full Version : Vroom Vroom!

Clo
12-29-2010, 09:36 PM
I received my second speeding ticket in six months yesterday. It almost makes me feel like a crappy driver, but then I realize I am a genius driver and this could never be the case.

Comment on your driving / other people on this forum's driving / bitch about tickets you've recieved.

Shlup
12-29-2010, 09:38 PM
I've never been one to do much driving, and have several jobs within walking distance from my house. When I started teaching, my commute was about 45 minutes.

I got four speeding tickets in 18 months. Whoops.

I no longer strive to break 90mph on the freeway.

I also got a $141 ticket for talking on my cell phone. Fucking California.

Madame Adequate
12-29-2010, 09:42 PM
I have never once been ticketed for any kind of driving offense.

Exceptional driver master race reporting.

NorthernChaosGod
12-29-2010, 10:20 PM
I also got a $141 ticket for talking on my cell phone. smurfing California.

I just got a $156 one last month. :(

Never been ticketed for anything else, I'm awesome at driving. I was just careless that day.

Peegee
12-29-2010, 10:40 PM
I've never been one to do much driving, and have several jobs within walking distance from my house. When I started teaching, my commute was about 45 minutes.

I got four speeding tickets in 18 months. Whoops.

I no longer strive to break 90mph on the freeway.

I also got a $141 ticket for talking on my cell phone. smurfing California.

Typical woman.

I have 6 demerit points because I'm bloody awesome. Also the NYC speeding ticket helped.

Bunny
12-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Exceptional driver master race reporting.

Psychotic
12-29-2010, 11:48 PM
I have never once been ticketed for any kind of driving offense.

Exceptional driver master race reporting.The same.

Only I actually drive. :smug:

also let's get some woman-hating up in here YouTube - Sheila's Wheels - The Amateur Transplants (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b90BRBx5mY0) :cool:

fire_of_avalon
12-30-2010, 12:04 AM
I was in a car accident that was totally my fault and I still didn't get a ticket.

*wins*

Miriel
12-30-2010, 12:47 AM
I'm so unlucky with tickets. I've gotten a ticket for going 80mph on a empty desert highway with a 75mph limit ON MY BIRTHDAY.

My birthday!!!

When my cousin spoke up that it was my birthday, the cop actually said, "I don't want to hear it." Oh man, what an asshole! I later talked to a cop buddy and she said that she never gives people tickets on their birthday, this guy was just a douchebag.

I've also gotten a fix it ticket for having tinted windows. Every mothersmurfer has tinted windows, c'mon.

Also been pulled over for using a cell phone except, I wasn't using my cellphone. Cellphone was no where near me at the time. And my hands were at 10 & 2. I had to go through my whole call log to prove to the cop that I wasn't talking on the phone. And even after proving it, he told me that he absolutely saw me on the phone, but he would let me go this one time. Wtf? Pompous attitude much? Arrrghghg.

I haven't gotten any tickets in 2 years, but I just think that's because I've gotten more crafty at avoiding them. I always slow down in areas where I know cops like to hide. I keep my car sandwiched between two fast drivers so that if any of us get pulled over, it's either going to be the car in front of me or the one behind me. I'm gonna get me one of those Valentine One radar detector things for my car in the future.

Aerith's Knight
12-30-2010, 12:52 AM
I was in a car accident that was totally my fault and I still didn't get a ticket.

*wins*

Big surprise there. OH NO HE DIDN'!

Raistlin
12-30-2010, 05:38 AM
My first ticket (and first time ever being pulled over) was for failure to signal a lane change which I absolutely did signal (I always use my turn signal).

I am still not over it.

NorthernChaosGod
12-30-2010, 08:53 AM
My first ticket (and first time ever being pulled over) was for failure to signal a lane change which I absolutely did signal (I always use my turn signal).

I am still not over it.

Did you argue with the cop?

rubah
12-30-2010, 05:45 PM
I have never been caught~

Peegee
12-30-2010, 05:47 PM
I have never been caught~

Best way to phrase it

ps @ everybody in thread: always fight every ticket

Raistlin
12-30-2010, 07:34 PM
Did you argue with the cop?

I told him I used my turn signal. But I was 17, and I could not believe he was going to give me a ticket for it.

Jessweeee♪
12-30-2010, 08:10 PM
A cop talked to me about rolling a stop sign once, but he figured almost being squashed by a very large truck I didn't notice when looking was punishment enough and I got off with a warning :|

I hate road rage. Why does every smurfing person on the road think they're awesome drivers and everyone else sucks? Since moving here I've noticed that nobody in this state ever uses turn signals.

Peegee
12-30-2010, 08:23 PM
What if I drive well but everybody else is a retard?