PDA

View Full Version : A Recent Study About FF

ShinGundam
12-30-2010, 04:38 PM
調査期間は2010年4月11日(日)~4月12日(月)
回答数3,455名
http://i54.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/29zy7gz.jpg

Old Manus
12-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Nice heiroglyphics bro

ShinGundam
12-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Nice heiroglyphics bro
Indeed :p, I can't translate it.
Sorry.

Remon
12-30-2010, 08:42 PM
The general idea is clear. That fanboys dominate the planet >_>
FFX FTW.

Elpizo
12-30-2010, 09:09 PM
III in the top 5? :D

Levian
12-30-2010, 09:17 PM
So is this favorite FF game or what game people would most like to see remade?

And is that Final Fantasy 1 in second place? Geez.

MJN SEIFER
12-30-2010, 09:37 PM
If it's the favorite overall among fans, I'm suprised that VIII is so low down when VII is at the top - they were the same! (that's a good thing because I love both games).

Yar
12-30-2010, 09:55 PM
The Title of the Graph basically translates to "Favorite Final Fantasy"

Every time you see ファイナルファンタジー on the side, that's just the transliteration of "Final Fantasy", so you really only need to pay attention to the numbers.

Lol @ 11, 12 and 13

Elpizo
12-30-2010, 10:19 PM
It's kinda sad 12 is so low on the list, especially since it was miles ahead of XIII. Oh well, the game's doomed to be the black sheep of the single-player titles, unfortunately. Pass on the torch, II.

IX's position is also saddening.

blackmage_nuke
12-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Where was this data collected from?

Vermachtnis
12-30-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm sad for XII, but it's awesome that V is so high.

Elskidor
12-30-2010, 11:57 PM
Where was this data collected from?

I'm curious on that too.

Depression Moon
12-31-2010, 12:53 AM
Is this sales data?

Jessweeee♪
12-31-2010, 02:10 AM
I'm surprised that FFII is as high as it is. It's pretty crappy, imo. But maybe Japanese fans are different

Elskidor
12-31-2010, 03:24 AM
Is this sales data?

I would think so, but FFV was not advertised enough to get that high in sales in the states. Maybe it was more in other places though. But if it's just based on income wouldn't XI be tromping over every title far and wide? Dunno..maybe it is sales figures but it seems out of whack. VII probably sold the most copies, but with IV and all of it's remakes I'd think it be up there right next to FFI.

blackmage_nuke
01-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Well i think that n=3455 is how many people voted in the poll so i dont think it's sales data

Del Murder
01-08-2011, 12:18 AM
These numbers aren't significant unless we know who the survey group was. n=3455 seems to indicate it was drawn from a particular group of people which may have some defining characteristic. For example, place this poll at the FFXI wiki site and you'll have just as many respondants with a much different result.

Saber
01-09-2011, 03:48 PM
調査期間は2010年4月11日(日)~4月12日(月)
回答数3,455名
http://i54.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/29zy7gz.jpg

had to quote it so we can see it on both pages :)

Anyways in my eyes it looks like a most popular vote. Which wouldn't be weird. Maybe we could copy one of our polls and send it to the Japanese or whoever made this so they can look oddly at it and ask what it means or what its about or you know, where its from.

Elskidor
01-09-2011, 09:03 PM
I thought IV, I and VII would be the Japanese favorites considering all the attention they've received over the years, but IV is a lot lower in this poll.

Saber
01-10-2011, 03:42 AM
I thought IV, I and VII would be the Japanese favorites considering all the attention they've received over the years, but IV is a lot lower in this poll.

Its tied with 3 which both have been re-released on the DS so I don't find it that odd.

Bolivar
01-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Depending on how random the sample is, 3455 is actually a pretty good sample size. I'm surprised to see FFI as #2, and as bad as it is to see FFXII so low, i'm not surprised given its initial reactions when it was released in Japan.

Roogle
01-10-2011, 11:32 PM
I thought that Final Fantasy IV would be closer to the #1 spot due to its various incarnations across multiple consoles.

Unfortunately, I think it is rather telling that the latest titles are all down at the bottom. I would have thought that those games would have fared better if only because they have better graphics. The latest games in the series should still weigh heavily in the minds of the people and hold a better place than the bottom of the barrel.

Hollycat
01-10-2011, 11:59 PM
It's kinda sad 12 is so low on the list, especially since it was miles ahead of XIII. Oh well, the game's doomed to be the black sheep of the single-player titles, unfortunately. Pass on the torch, II.

IX's position is also saddening.
true about 12, it was the best one yet

Del Murder
01-11-2011, 05:38 AM
Depending on how random the sample is, 3455 is actually a pretty good sample size.
Yeah, and that's why I chose my words carefully. The key words are 'depending on how random'. Depending on where and when this poll took place the results for this many people would still be drastically different. If it were just a random sample of Japanese gamers though, then it definitely has significance.

McLovin'
01-11-2011, 07:10 AM
The order of the FF's on this poll seems so random. 7 being on the top is understandable. Everything in between is random nonsense. 12 below 13? Really? No.

The top 5 should be 6, 7, 8, 9, and 12 or 10 or 4.

Hollycat
01-11-2011, 04:01 PM
the remakes of 4 really bug me. there is virtually no change, and it BARELY gets better graphics each time

Elskidor
01-11-2011, 09:45 PM
It's good there is not a lot of changes, as there shouldn't be except in the graphics department. Change too much and it's no longer a remake but a reboot, and IV doesn't need that. I like the graphic updates personally...

Wolf Kanno
01-12-2011, 05:35 AM
The only one that throws me off in the list is FFV. I can see FFI being pretty damn high considering how most gamers are nostalgic at heart but FFV being so high on the list just throws me off cause it always felt like one of the more overlooked entries. Then again FFXII referenced the hell out of that game. Still, if it ranked that high, you would think a remake would be talked about more...

XII being so low doesn't surprise me, they whined and bitched way more than anyone else did. The game is actually regarded better in the West than in it's homeland. VI and VIII are also titles I've always felt were appreciated more by Western audiences.

VI specifically has two stories, one by Nomura who said he was disappointed that fans were still talking about IV's cast over the recently released VI, and then said he would build a cast that would be remembered as much as IV's. Later story was an interview in PSM magazine when IX was coming out, Sakeguchi said that VII was the first success for the series in the Western market and the interviewer corrected him by pointing out that VI had also done rather well in the West and was highly regarded by Western fans, in which Sakeguchi was rather surprised to hear this info.