PDA

View Full Version : an idea for Eyes on Plays.

El Sid
01-01-2011, 06:38 PM
hmm if I remember correctly, FFT had cast times, in turns.

maybe "The Sandbag" award would be appropriate.
Only Use Abilities With a cast time of 3 turns or higher.

that would almost be worth giving it a shot.
However I'm not sure if it's entirely feasible, what are your thoughts on this?

VeloZer0
01-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Or just only use abilities with cast times period. That actually sounds like an interesting one. I don't know if I will have time to do this Eyes on Plays, but that sounds like a future challenge I would be interested in.

Kyros
01-02-2011, 12:25 AM
I hope you dont charge too strong of a spell with your black mage only for them to walk right next to ramza and BOOM! So the way I'm reading this challenge is attack/items are fine but abilities must have 3+ for their cast times so stuff like chakra wouldnt be allowed; is that right?

El Sid
01-02-2011, 12:47 AM
pretty much.

and yeah stuff like chakra would be out, ability, but no cast time.
+3 might be a bit of a limit, as stated by Velo.

as for standard attack, not to sure about whether or not that'd be allowed, as one could undermine the challenge completely with high attack classes.

items aren't really infinite - and would definitely be needed early on with this kind of approach, at least I think they would be. (+3 up anyway, +1 up wouldn't be so bad early on)

I think items would be best left as a non-specified.

Kyros
01-02-2011, 01:08 AM
Well I would think items may also be more necessary since the only thing I can think of off the top of my head that would have a long charge time would be spells or the archer's charge ability, and ethers would be needed for long battles if you were trying to use lots of spells.

VeloZer0
01-02-2011, 09:35 AM
I was thinking no attacks or items, only use any moves with cast times. I feel very confident to beat the game with just regular attacks and items, so it wouldn't be much of a challenge to me.

But in all honestly I feel people should be playing whatever version of a challenge makes it the most fun for them.

El Sid
01-02-2011, 06:49 PM
I was thinking no attacks or items, only use any moves with cast times.

that's how I'll be doing it when I start.

VeloZer0
01-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Aw man, I had just convinced myself to pass this playthrough up. But now the whole no insta cast moves just intrigues me.

So long WoW :D

El Sid
01-02-2011, 10:54 PM
yeap, well now I've just got to get this damn emulator working at more than 1 frame a second and I'm good to go.