PDA

View Full Version : "You are not authorized to view this file on this game system" ahhh what?

Shattered Dreamer
01-02-2011, 11:33 PM
This is related to watching movies on the PS3 so I decided to put this topic in The Lounge, apologies if it's in the wrong place.

Anyway, I tried to watch a camera copy of a movie (my bad) through my PS3 & about 3-4 mins into the movie I got an error message that stated the file was protected under copyright law & that my PS3 refused to play it! I wasn't aware that the PS3 had such a file restriction built in.

Basically I was wondering has anyone else encountered this or does the Xbox 360 have similar restrictions on files protected by copyright?

Jessweeee♪
01-03-2011, 12:42 AM
Interesting! I've only watched a couple of questionable movie files on our Xbox, but so far no such thing has happened to us.

Shattered Dreamer
01-03-2011, 12:51 AM
Interesting! I've only watched a couple of questionable movie files on our Xbox, but so far no such thing has happened to us.

Me & my house mates were kinda surprised! Although I'm sure it was mentioned in one of the many Sony user agreements I didn't read lol

Jessweeee♪
01-03-2011, 01:20 AM
I've heard Sony is much craftier when it comes to anti-piracy than some others.

NorthernChaosGod
01-03-2011, 08:24 AM
Lol, fucking Sony. No, I've never had that issue when I did watch movies through my 360.