PDA

View Full Version : Art

Yar
01-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Are you a good artist? Or do you just say you're an artist to get away with doing crazy things?

Anyway, I am terrible at drawing. :D But I want to take an art class if given the chance. But not some art class that makes me draw people or some shiz. I want to be able to draw beautiful pictures that only look bad because other people just don't get it.

Show us your art :D

Peegee
01-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Are you a good artist? Or do you just say you're an artist to get away with doing crazy things?

Anyway, I am terrible at drawing. :D But I want to take an art class if given the chance. But not some art class that makes me draw people or some shiz. I want to be able to draw beautiful pictures that only look bad because other people just don't get it.

Show us your art :D

Isn't your goal the same as your alternate reality option ?

My brother has a degree in illustration; basically there's a piece of paper out there that justifies your ability to draw on a piece of paper. His gf dropped out of a computer animootion program to get the same piece of paper.

You should get that piece of paper. Then you can give other people (ahem me) that piece of paper with their names on it.

I should learn how to do line art on photoshop. Maybe I can ask my brother for a tut.

kotora
01-04-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm an art critic, or at least studying for a piece of paper that says I'm one. That means I can bitch about movies on the internet all the time with my opinion being better than that of other people.

Madonna
01-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Art sucks. Draw pineapples with machineguns. I will. We will share.

Old Manus
01-04-2011, 05:15 PM
I draw things with pens in my mouth

Peegee
01-04-2011, 06:16 PM

I totally dyslexia'd your post and lulz'd

Old Manus
01-04-2011, 06:18 PM
I like to stab moths with pens too, so it's no biggie

Remon
01-04-2011, 06:19 PM
I'm learning how to draw manga, if that counts as art. I did a chibi version of me in my profile pic :D. But yeah I suck. :mad:

I think I read this wrong at first :lol:

LunarWeaver
01-04-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm not the artistic type. My boyfriend is a photographer, which is like drawing without the work. I just listen to his opinions on art and copy them while I drink my wine and laugh that laugh. The artist laugh.

Oh, I guess a "No" would have sufficed here.

kotora
01-04-2011, 06:49 PM
I'm learning how to draw manga, if that counts as art. I did a chibi version of me in my profile pic :D. But yeah I suck. :mad:

I think I read this wrong at first :lol:

he must've edited it or something because that's also what I read

Yar
01-04-2011, 07:16 PM
A penis in your mouth is something I would expect someone to do and then chalk it up to just "being an artist".

Peegee
01-04-2011, 07:17 PM
A penis in your mouth is something I would expect someone to do and then chalk it up to just "being an artist".

You would.

Clo
01-04-2011, 07:29 PM
I draw and stuff like that. I stopped doing it seriously for the most part, and now I just stick to the doodling aspect of it and draw things to amuse people, because I'm lazy and mediocre like that. I go to art shows a lot and I have a lot of friends who are self-proclaimed starving artists (ranging from :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty and lazy to very good), and I've taken a bunch of art history classes and can have long conversations about it.

The city I live near has a lot of art exhibits (there's something almost every day in the summer), so drinking wine, eating appetizers and touring the galleries in the city is just something to do when it's hot out.

So I like art, yes. :jess:

Tai-Ti
01-04-2011, 10:53 PM
I like to think I can draw, but I don't consider myself an artist, especially upon gleaning this conversation about artists with penis' in their mouths.

fire_of_avalon
01-05-2011, 12:15 AM
Stop talking about fellatio!

I cannot draw to save my life but I have several pages of a comic book I was writing when I was a freshman in high school about a band.

Laddy
01-05-2011, 02:07 AM
I'm a good writer, actor, and fashion designer, but I suck at more dexterous art forms.

G13
01-05-2011, 02:20 AM
Laddy, why don't you post some of your writing's in the Writer's Corner then? :D

I cannot draw to save my life but I have several pages of a comic book I was writing when I was a freshman in high school about a band.

I did the same thing, but my comic book consisted of one picture of a fish.

... It's the same.

fire_of_avalon
01-05-2011, 03:07 AM
In mine, the lead singer had reeeaaally tall hair like Wayne Static, the bassist was a girl and she was crazy and there was a groupie who was like the anti-groupie.

I need to find it now.

Madonna
01-05-2011, 06:55 AM
http://vignettegrimoire.com/_lynx/_art/dailydraw_20110104small.jpg (http://vignettegrimoire.com/_lynx/_art/dailydraw_20110104.png)

Shlup
01-05-2011, 07:46 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Manus said he puts peenies in his mouth.

I, uh... I am a doodler. That's about it.

Wolf Kanno
01-05-2011, 09:08 AM
I took art in high school and hated it, but it was mostly charcoal drawing and my teacher took the class super serious.

Later, in college, I took an art class for a laugh cause I needed one more credit for the semester. Turned out I'm not so bad. We had to do a master's work where we tried to copy another artists work and I did one of Amano's pictures. It turned out pretty good but I may have to touch it up.

I consider myself more of a writer and an actor than an artist though.

Remon
01-05-2011, 10:54 AM
http://vignettegrimoire.com/_lynx/_art/dailydraw_20110104small.jpg (http://vignettegrimoire.com/_lynx/_art/dailydraw_20110104.png)

Whoa. Nice one XP

Christmas
01-05-2011, 12:09 PM
My favorite artwork involves a specific stormtrooper being brutally decapitated and mutilated.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/monkey12.gif

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/valent2.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/name3.jpg

Peegee
01-05-2011, 03:18 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Manus said he puts peenies in his mouth.

As an (ex) grade school teacher, didn't you have to 'teach' art?

I know grade school art is more like 'hey kids let's use cardboard and make crafts!' more than 'this is 3 point perspective', but still! Didn't you 'teach' art?

Hollycat
01-05-2011, 03:28 PM
I drew these on playing cards in 15 minutes each... or less in some cases:

also, they may appear weird, my scanner sucks

Shlup
01-05-2011, 05:25 PM

I know grade school art is more like 'hey kids let's use cardboard and make crafts!' more than 'this is 3 point perspective', but still! Didn't you 'teach' art?

I taught middle school math.

But I could teach three point perspective and stuff, if I were a grade school teacher.

Peegee
01-05-2011, 05:59 PM

I taught middle school math.

But I could teach three point perspective and stuff, if I were a grade school teacher.

GRADE 6 KIDS HAD ROTARY?

spirit
01-08-2011, 06:43 PM
I do draw, and I'm in graqhic design classes.:)

Old Manus
01-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Is this alongside your half-baked philosophy class? :manus:

escobert
01-08-2011, 07:38 PM
I have like 1/100 of a percent of artistic talent.

Peegee
01-08-2011, 09:56 PM
Is this alongside your half-baked philosophy class? :manus:

TBH I get the impression spirit is at the level of high school philosphy or just vomitting thoughts in eoeo about frosh year philosophy, but at least it's a welcomed change from pg's posts or relationship advice.

Depression Moon
01-08-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm more of a literary artist. I wish I could be a visual artist too, be I am only so so at it. The only thing I can draw is basic cartoon characters. I hate having these images in my head of my characters but not being able to physically apply those images onto paper

black orb
01-11-2011, 12:06 AM
Are you a good artist?
>>> Sure, Im good at art because I fail at everything else..:luca: