PDA

View Full Version : whole octopus $7.99

Jowy
01-06-2011, 03:26 AM
what's the strangest thing you've ever seen at the grocery store?!

Shlup
01-06-2011, 04:03 AM
Uhhh... That. They keep them alive where I saw them. Did you poke them?

Inferno
01-06-2011, 04:35 AM
rabbi

Clo
01-06-2011, 06:41 AM
Things from infomercials sold in stores weird me out, because they're just stupid items. Shake-weight?

rubah
01-06-2011, 08:28 AM
<del>homeless people</del>
<del>black people</del>
<del>people with blue dreads</del>

my local grocery store has started carrying star fruit. I have no idea why they would have star fruit. It's a useless fruit except as a garnish. why not carry something useful like... I don't know, durians or some:bou::bou::bou::bou:. cactus!

Pheesh
01-06-2011, 08:33 AM
I've heard star fruit is nice, I'd be happy if my grocery store carried them.

Miriel
01-06-2011, 08:42 AM
My local grocery store carries ostrich meat. :o

Christmas
01-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Hairy men dressed in bikinis trying to promote some weird useless product. :bigsmile:

Rantz
01-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Pig's feet, unpacked.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-06-2011, 02:02 PM
The farmer's market I go to sells softshell turtle by the pound once in a while. But they always only have one turtle at a time. So I'll go there in the morning and they have a live turtle (for freshness I guess), and when I come back later in the day it's just part of the turtle. :eek: Glad I'm not a turtle.

Rye
01-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Octopus tentacle salad. D:

Peegee
01-06-2011, 05:45 PM
It all sound nommy but I'm azn - we eat everything

@Rubahs - wtf Carambola?

rubah
01-06-2011, 07:54 PM

It's nice in the way that lightly flavored water is nice.

Peegee
01-06-2011, 08:19 PM

But I love lightly flavoUred water :(

sharkythesharkdogg
01-06-2011, 08:52 PM

I agree. I bought one, smelled it, thought it would have this bright, vibrant, citrus flavor, and no. It's like eating Propel....in gel form. Not bad, but not worth the price of entry. I'll just eat an apple.

Shorty
01-06-2011, 09:14 PM
All this octopus food makes me sad. I love octopi and I want one for a pet. :(

I can't say I've ever seen anything weird carried in a grocery store, but it always freaks me out when I see live lobsters crawling around in a tank. How can you put that thing in a pot and kill it to eat it! I love underwater creatures too much.

Madame Adequate
01-06-2011, 09:24 PM

I can't say I've ever seen anything weird carried in a grocery store, but it always freaks me out when I see live lobsters crawling around in a tank. How can you put that thing in a pot and kill it to eat it! I love underwater creatures too much.

I love aqautic lifeforms as well, but just remember: When you eat them, you gain their power.

Shorty
01-06-2011, 09:26 PM
I don't buy your stupid District 9 nonsensical witchcraft.

NorthernChaosGod
01-06-2011, 09:36 PM
My local grocery store carries ostrich meat. :o
I'm going to your grocery store.

Because seafood is delicious.

Madame Adequate
01-06-2011, 09:41 PM

Hey I'm not the tree-hugging flower child hippy here!

kotora
01-06-2011, 09:46 PM

I love aqautic lifeforms as well, but just remember: When you eat them, you gain their power.

http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/Zebraman%20takashi%20miike.jpg

Bunny
01-06-2011, 09:46 PM

So if I eat a sucker fish I'll suck more?

On it.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-06-2011, 09:50 PM

I'm not a huge seafood fan, but I love me some giant, submersible sea bugs. Delicious.:love:
My friend swears he went to the grocery store and the staff was trying to get a tarantula hiding in the bananas, but I don't know. You'd think it would have wound up in the news.

Shorty
01-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Ahaha, oh man, tarantula banana! Nooo thank you.

Hippies don't use witchcraft, we use the powers of the earth to get things done.

Peegee
01-06-2011, 11:17 PM

Hippies don't use witchcraft, we use the powers of the earth to get things done.

>Implying that isn't witchcraft

You = WICCAN

Shattered Dreamer
01-07-2011, 12:21 AM
Whole lobster for €5 in Aldi

fire_of_avalon
01-07-2011, 01:09 AM
Hog brains!

rubah
01-07-2011, 06:17 AM

>Implying that isn't witchcraft

You = WICCAN

I want to rep this post :(

Pheesh
01-07-2011, 09:04 AM

Is that why you don't get anything done? :/

Peegee
01-07-2011, 04:07 PM
I just realized Jowy said he can get an entire octopus for 8$ - how big ? I pay that much for a 1 lbs lobster here in Toronto area.

When I visited Allies we spent so much money buying two lobsters. Meh.

Rodarian
01-07-2011, 06:14 PM

They actually are and they do look like a star albeit when you look at it from the top

Jiro
01-09-2011, 04:17 AM
Star fruit = paopu fruit?

Iceglow
01-10-2011, 02:15 PM
My friend swears he went to the grocery store and the staff was trying to get a tarantula hiding in the bananas, but I don't know. You'd think it would have wound up in the news.

Having worked in a supermarket and dealt with the produce department I'm not going to kid you, this happens more often than you'd like to think. It's not such a big deal most of the time the spider is dead due to the low storage temp and transit in an low pressure hold. Sometimes the spiders are alive which is kinda cool they tend to be sluggish and disorientated due to the cold and so easier to catch so long as you don't put it on the shopfloor where it can warm up. Normally they end up being caught and due to the problems with them killed and disposed of. I can think of at least 4 instances where such events occured when I worked in the supermarket. As for the times we found dead tarantulas ect I can't say just too many times.