PDA

View Full Version : New Character or Stage, But Not Both?

Evastio
01-06-2011, 03:59 AM
For Dissidia Duodecim, though it hasn't been confirmed, I'm thinking that every Final Fantasy game will either have a new character or a new stage, but not both. This excludes all Final Fantasies past X, since they didn't have as much representation as the other FFs in the original Dissidia (which is why Dissidia Duodecim is getting both Vaan and Sky Fortress Bahamut to represent FFXII and Lightning and Orphan's Cradle to represent FFXIII).

Yeah, I know. There's been absolutely no hard proof of that being the case. But there's been a lot of indirect implications of that being the case, though it's hard to conclude such unless you bring it all together

-the developers said that only FFs past the SNES era would be getting new characters
-FFII and FFIII, both pre-SNES era FFs, have new stages like the Pandaemonium Rooftop and the Crystal Tower Entrance, respectively
-FFIV, FFVII, and FFVIII had new characters confirmed, but no new stages for those games have been announced
-FFVI and FFIX have new stages announced, but no new characters

I know it's a bit early to make this assumption, and there's a good chance I'm wrong. But I can't help but think that that's how new additions for FFI-X will work.

So do you guys think my theory is right, it's too early to tell, or it's wrong?

Wolf Kanno
01-06-2011, 08:55 AM
I feel it's too early to tell at this point. The game still has two and half months before its release in Japan, plenty of time to reveal a ton of stuff and I actually doubt the stages will be high profile material. If memory serves me correct, they didn't even reveal Gabranth being in the original until almost a few weeks before the games release in Japan.

I'd say wait until SE does their fan event this month, cause that's where a lot of info is suppose to be released. I'm sure we'll get more info on Yuna as well as a few new characters but I wouldn't be surprised if SE leaked info about the game up until its release.