PDA

View Full Version : i have flu

Cuchulainn
01-12-2011, 05:33 AM
i have the flu. pity me then discuss the bastard qualities of the flu.

WARNING: dont get sidetracked and talk about colds. colds are of no interest to me. If you dont know the difference think back to when u had everything going wrong from throat, chest & stomach but you did NOT have a blocked/running nose. That was flu.

Have I mentioned pity me? I forget if I did so I'll say that :bou::bou::bou::bou: again. PITY ME

And yes the flu is indeed the reason why I'm up at 5:30am

Raistlin
01-12-2011, 05:41 AM
Haven't you been sick for a long time? The flu generally doesn't last that long. Have you seen a doctor recently?

Clo
01-12-2011, 05:51 AM
Poor Cuch; I wished you better ages ago. On a happier note, this is a great excuse to sit on the couch covered in blankets and do nothing but watch television, game, read, and veg. Forgetting the nasty symptoms that is.

I haven't had the flu since I was little. I do tend to get pretty awful sinus infections in the Fall that have me puking. A year ago I had a nasty ear infection with it too that hurt so much I was out of commission for a few awful days.

Jessweeee♪
01-12-2011, 08:45 AM
I nearly caught a cold a couple of weeks ago.

Jiro
01-12-2011, 09:16 AM
I thought you were above pity. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Bastard flu

Old Manus
01-12-2011, 02:00 PM
That damn IRA

Cuchulainn
01-12-2011, 02:48 PM
I nearly caught a cold a couple of weeks ago.

What the fuck did I say? Keep your cold talk for the amateurs. This is for flu only.

@Wesleydale, I have not been to the doctors no. I am a 'sit it out & plough on regardless' kinda person. Hate the docs. I've felt like this since Boxing Day, that'd be 3 weeks...that's not normal is it? hmm my Gary Cooper stance on this may need toi yeild.

@Clodecahedron <3 ty 4 ur pity. When I am Lord of the World I'll grant you a castle in Donegall, or somewhere warmer for you and BF of ur with the silly English upper class name.

@Jiro my fall is temporary, take heed as when I recover my strength I will remember these words.

@Moldy. They haven't gone away you know

Peegee
01-12-2011, 03:25 PM
It's probably SARS. Did you azn recently?

NorthernChaosGod
01-12-2011, 04:07 PM
I have the flu sometime last year and it was terrible. :mad2: Seriously though, my mom was all "I told you that you should have gotten a flu shot" and I wasn't going to have any of that because fuck that.

Inferno
01-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I got that or month ago or so. I stayed home for 3 days. When I have a flu, I have a fever, and then I have nightmares.

I PITY YOU

Rodarian
01-12-2011, 04:29 PM
God last year I had a viral flu and it was terrible...Then Rasitlin got mouthy and said take it like man...DAMMIT THAT VIRAL FLU WAS HORRIBLE!! I actually hallucinated!!:mad2:

Get better mate!

Raistlin
01-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Cuch: you should definitely go see a doctor, then. Three weeks is very uncommon for the flu. I suppose it could still just be the flu if you haven't been taking good care of yourself, but there are other possibilities, like mono or pneumonia or bronchitis, which you should get checked out. If you have a bacterial infection, you need antibiotics.

Cuchulainn
01-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Cuch: you should definitely go see a doctor, then. Three weeks is very uncommon for the flu. I suppose it could still just be the flu if you haven't been taking good care of yourself, but there are other possibilities, like mono or pneumonia or bronchitis, which you should get checked out. If you have a bacterial infection, you need antibiotics.

Yes sir.

NorthernChaosGod
01-12-2011, 07:02 PM

Well it's not like alcohol is actually that good for your health, like some beer ads might like you to think.

Brunettepudding
01-12-2011, 07:25 PM
I almost never get sick. :3

But I have had the flu before. I hated it, and it hated me. Missed a week and a half of school.

Peegee
01-12-2011, 07:26 PM

Yes sir.

Yes dad.

Clo
01-12-2011, 07:54 PM
@Clodecahedron <3 ty 4 ur pity. When I am Lord of the World I'll grant you a castle in Donegall, or somewhere warmer for you and BF of ur with the silly English upper class name.

Ha! HA! He's out of the picture. So I will take the castle for myself and fill it with parties or something. I'm not really sure how great a castle is for parties. Maybe I'll trade it in for a beach house in the Bahamas.

Anyway, I'll work on your campaign.

Also, after three weeks, do you think it might be mono or something?

EDIT: Nevermind, the grandpas of the forum have already asked you that.

Raistlin
01-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Grandpas? So not only am I old, I'm more than a single person?

Also, you dismissed my mono suggestion on AIM. :mad2:

Laddy
01-12-2011, 10:33 PM
The flu flucking sucks.

Shlup
01-12-2011, 11:45 PM
I don't remember the last time I was sick.

Other than cramps. I hate cramps.

fire_of_avalon
01-13-2011, 01:28 AM
I've had the flu exactly one time and can safely say it was tied as worst sickness of my entire life with strep throat. I ached. I ached in places I didn't know had nerves to ache. I felt like my bones were grinding against one another in some struggle to free themselves from my fevered flesh. I stared at my ceiling for hours willing my eyeballs to burst from the furnace my body had become, willing my lungs to come up in pieces from the coughing so they could hurt me no long nor continually fill with the fluid that made me feel as if I were drowning on dry land.

I rarely pity anyone, but your current plight makes me frowny face.

*insert joke about "Come to foa, I'll make it all better"*

Cuchulainn
01-13-2011, 03:02 AM

Ha! HA! He's out of the picture. So I will take the castle for myself and fill it with parties or something. I'm not really sure how great a castle is for parties. Maybe I'll trade it in for a beach house in the Bahamas.

you're single now? Well that changes everything. You can share my castle. meh I'm better at this sorta thing when I'm not fluous. If that's not a word it should be.

Also. I don't know what mono is. Or strepthroat. I watch enough US TV to be AWARE of the words existance but I'm not sure what they might mean. Well, I mean I've a fair idea cause the shows they're mentioned in are either set in hospitals or have a running storyline where some poor tart is is ill, ultimately leading to hilarious consequences. However I'm not sure of the exact symptoms. I think we may call things different names here.

Anyway. I'm goin docs tomorrow.

NorthernChaosGod
01-13-2011, 03:06 AM

you're single now? Well that changes everything. You can share my castle. meh I'm better at this sorta thing when I'm not fluous. If that's not a word it should be.

Dude, I totally have dibs.

Anyway I hope things go well at the doctor's tomorrow. I'll pray it's not AIDS.

Clo
01-13-2011, 03:39 AM
If the doctor tells you something you don't want to hear, just punch him and run. Preferably if you haven't yet made a co-pay.

Shorty
01-13-2011, 03:50 AM
And before they get your results in writing.

Strep is far worse than the flu. Far worse. I'd rather have the flu for a year than get strep again for one day.

fire_of_avalon
01-13-2011, 03:53 AM

CLO WHY DID YOU TELL? NOW YOU'RE DOOMED.

I will try to help you. I'll start and underground Clo-road where you can find some helpful resources on your way to your freedom from sexual harassment on another forum, the NWLC blog maybe. I'll build a shelter under my house for you. But if they take me, and they will eventually come to take me, all I can leave you is the hope that you make it.

Cuchulainn
01-13-2011, 04:10 PM

CLO WHY DID YOU TELL? NOW YOU'RE DOOMED.

I will try to help you. I'll start and underground Clo-road where you can find some helpful resources on your way to your freedom from sexual harassment on another forum, the NWLC blog maybe. I'll build a shelter under my house for you. But if they take me, and they will eventually come to take me, all I can leave you is the hope that you make it.

She's free of that from me at least. I cannot, however, guarantee her safety from the horny nerd herd here. Not unless she pays me ofc. I accept Direct Debit.

Oh yea I had swine flu but the doc said the worst is over. I'm back in work. I'm a soulja.

Jiro
01-13-2011, 04:34 PM
A friend of mine got swine flu. He passed out and opened a door with his face. I probably shouldn't laugh, but that was one of the funniest series of events ever.

NorthernChaosGod
01-13-2011, 11:27 PM
A friend of mine got swine flu. He passed out and opened a door with his face. I probably shouldn't laugh, but that was one of the funniest series of events ever.
That sounds like the best thing ever.

kotora
01-13-2011, 11:47 PM
Oh yea I had swine flu but the doc said the worst is over. I'm back in work. I'm a soulja.

now crank that cuch