PDA

View Full Version : The Hobbit Video Game

Arthurdent_78
01-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Hello all.

Have any of you played the Hobbit video game? This game escaped my notice when it first came out and I only recently stumbled across it while browsing Amazon.

I have a Wii (which can, obviously, play GameCube games) and a Playstation 2. I cannot seem to find any site that lists the differences, if any, between the Cube and PS2 versions. Has anyone, by chance, played both to know if there is any difference?

Vyk
01-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Multi-platform games back then didn't generally have a lot of differences. Unless one was exclusive first (RE4) or they all had something special in each one (SC2). Unless you're talking about graphics or something. And then generally the more powerful system got the better deal, if a better deal was to be had

Jiro
01-19-2011, 09:18 AM
Vyk's on the money. There's no differences (hence your struggle to find a site listing them) so get whichever one you'd prefer it on. A wii controller would make it tough to play though, iirc.

Arthurdent_78
01-19-2011, 03:52 PM
That makes sense, I suppose for a game like the Hobbit, they probably wouldn't spend too much time differentiating the different platform versions.

Oh, and the Cube emulator on the Wii uses a GameCube controller, not the Wii controller. There are actually 4 Cube controller ports under a flip-up panel on top of the Wii & another flip-up panel with 2 Cube memory card ports as well. I don't know if you care or not, but just so you know. ;)

escobert
01-19-2011, 05:16 PM
I played a bit of it for Gamecube back when I had one. It was a fun game. Nothing special kinda a zelda-ish game.