PDA

View Full Version : War of the lions is killing me

Hollycat
01-14-2011, 10:30 PM
literally, I keep on losing all of my guys in the first battle with black mages, and if I pass that, I lose in the next battle

HELP ME

VeloZer0
01-15-2011, 01:43 AM
You will have to be a little more specific as to what your party set up looks like.

Hollycat
01-15-2011, 03:08 AM
its so early in the game that there is basically no change from the original except I have an archer

VeloZer0
01-15-2011, 05:48 AM
That would be why.

Squire is just about the worst class in the game. It just has some good abilities to learn (Accumulate, Gained JP UP, Move +1) and then it doesn't really have much use. Knights have way more HP and do way more damage.

Also get your Chemists to move on into the magic classes. Black Magic in particular is quite powerful for most of the game.

And if all else fails there is always leveling up.

Hollycat
01-15-2011, 05:29 PM
I did level up, I have a white mage, an archer, two knights, and a chemist. I have no magic yet, its to early in the game, and no is dropping abilities, and I keep on getting battles with 4 chocobos and a panther.

Del Murder
01-15-2011, 11:01 PM
You purchase abilities with JP in the menu. You should have enough to buy magic at this point.

Depression Moon
01-16-2011, 12:22 AM
I want this game so bad, but it's for PSP and I want a DS. The DS has a lot more games that interest me and its backwards compatible. I could get the PS1 tactics, but it sounds like this version has more stuff so I would be getting the short end of the stick. Ohhh, what to do?

VeloZer0
01-16-2011, 02:39 AM
They really didn't add all that much for the PSP version. The major change is the re-translation and the FMVs imo.

Other than that they just added one more class (which has really steep requirements to unlock, and isn't worth it IMO) and some extra content only available when using the multiplayer ad-hoc network (so only useful if you know someone who plays)

If you don't own a PSP I would recommend the PS1 version. In fact many people like it better because there is a decent amount of slowdown on the in battle ability animations in The War of the Lions.

Hollycat
01-16-2011, 02:50 AM
get the ds one

VeloZer0
01-16-2011, 02:55 AM
The DS one is not FFT it is a completely separate title, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (well, FFTA is for the GBA, FFTA2 is for the DS).

I don't want to come out and slag it, as just about everyone here enjoys is, but FFT is my favorite game of all time, and I don't enjoy FFTA at all. So suffice to say that while either can be enjoyable, they are not necessarily the same experience.

Hollycat
01-16-2011, 02:58 AM
I like all of them, thanks Murder

Edit: doing great now