PDA

View Full Version : I'm just fed up!

Caboose
01-18-2011, 08:06 PM
I'm unemployed, no hope, no prospects and I'm terribly BORED!!!!
People of EoFF, please cheer me up! :(

Aerith's Knight
01-18-2011, 08:27 PM
A Noose is relatively inexpensive, and it even rhymes with your name!

Caboose
01-18-2011, 08:35 PM
A Noose is relatively inexpensive, and it even rhymes with your name!

Not quite the "cheer" I had in mind.

Shlup
01-18-2011, 09:56 PM
I've been unemployed for over a year and a half now and am very rarely bored. What the hell is the matter with you? You can do ANYTHING!

Peegee
01-18-2011, 09:58 PM
do you live with parents? do you have expenses paid for? Then you can be like Mandee here (ps she collects unemployment insurance checks - oh I wish I were ever able to collect UI, but I've never been approved for it (was going to school) or I found another job and wasn't eligible)

Shlup
01-18-2011, 10:04 PM
I don't live with parents; I live with husband. xP

But I did just have my unemployment renewed and bought an HDTV. Oh, America... So silly.

Aerith's Knight
01-18-2011, 10:34 PM

But I did just have my unemployment renewed and bought an HDTV. Oh, America... So silly.

If you lived in Dutchland, your husband wouldn't even need to work to do that. Yeah.. I know. >_>

Shattered Dreamer
01-18-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm unemployed to man, for past 19 months, I have a degree, can't get a job but what's the difference between you & I my dear friend? I DON'T LIVE AT HOME!!!!! I would probably have jumped off a bridge long before now if I had of been stuck in the West Of Ireland any longer than I was.

Get on unemployment benefit, your a graduate with a masters degree so it'll be easier for you than it was for me and move away from home! Come to Dublin & be bored & poor like me! I assure you at least part of your sanity will return! I mean yeah I'm bored but I'm walking distance from civilization (well skangers or snobs), if I want to have 1 pint I can. But seriously pack up your troubles in old kit bag & get the fuck out of Roscommon before I have to resort to kidnapping!

And you know this isn't the first time I've told you this & now you make me do it on EoFF! For shame buddy for shame :p

Old Manus
01-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Bet you regret that degree in Philosophy now!

Caboose
01-18-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm unemployed to man, for past 19 months, I have a degree, can't get a job but what's the difference between you & I my dear friend? I DON'T LIVE AT HOME!!!!! I would probably have jumped off a bridge long before now if I had of been stuck in the West Of Ireland any longer than I was.

Get on unemployment benefit, your a graduate with a masters degree so it'll be easier for you than it was for me and move away from home! Come to Dublin & be bored & poor like me! I assure you at least part of your sanity will return! I mean yeah I'm bored but I'm walking distance from civilization (well skangers or snobs), if I want to have 1 pint I can. But seriously pack up your troubles in old kit bag & get the fuck out of Roscommon before I have to resort to kidnapping!

And you know this isn't the first time I've told you this & now you make me do it on EoFF! For shame buddy for shame :p
As soon as I can get the assessment for Dole I'll be up to you assuming the PhD. opportunity fails.

I actually have a Masters in Analytical Chemistry.

I've been unemployed for over a year and a half now and am very rarely bored. What the hell is the matter with you? You can do ANYTHING!
That's true, if I had any money AT ALL!

Aerith's Knight
01-18-2011, 10:55 PM

Might as well not have a degree. The only job you can use that for is.. philosophy teacher?

Shattered Dreamer
01-18-2011, 10:59 PM

It was a degree in Law and yeah I do kinda regret it! Might as well of done music performance because it's what I spend most of my time doing now :p

Psychotic
01-18-2011, 10:59 PM
have a wank

forever

Shlup
01-18-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm glad I got a degree. My unemployment is more than almost of my non-college-going friends make at their full-time jobs.

kotora
01-18-2011, 11:55 PM
I thought they had a large demand for chemistry experts in Ireland

Aerith's Knight
01-19-2011, 07:55 AM

Ha! xD

Nah, even the common man has the "basics" down in the north. No need to analyze what ain't broken.

Caboose
01-19-2011, 05:40 PM

Ha! xD

Nah, even the common man has the "basics" down in the north. No need to analyze what ain't broken.
But there is a need for Quality control for all the chems and foods you get through and so, yes there use to be a need in Ireland due to our large amount of pharmaceutical manufacturing plants. However since the recession hit, why hire a masters or degree grad when you can get a PhD grad for the same amount

Madonna
01-19-2011, 09:52 PM
distractionware (http://distractionware.com/games/flash/kotm/ggr/)

Excel.

Peegee
01-19-2011, 10:02 PM

you fuuuuu...

*shakes head*

you're lucky i like you

NorthernChaosGod
01-19-2011, 10:07 PM

This is the American dream right here.