PDA

View Full Version : Coachella !

Inferno
01-19-2011, 03:36 PM
The lineup was released yesterday !!

Coachella - Lineup (http://www.coachella.com/event/lineup)

A couple of great bands will be there, and SO DO I !!! Still got 3 months to wait though. Who's attending !?

http://www.coachella.com/images/mainPoster.jpg

Hot Shot
01-19-2011, 06:24 PM
I'd love to go but I live in England and a flight to California plus the tickets would cost too much. That's a good line up but may I just add that Kings of Leon suck!

Inferno
01-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Can't say, I don't know this band

NorthernChaosGod
01-19-2011, 09:36 PM
What great bands?

Inferno
01-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Interpol
The Black Keys
The Chemical Brothers
Arcade Fire
Daedelus
Fedde Le Grand
One Day as a Lion
The Swell Season
Angus and Julia Stone
City and Colour
Menomena
Ratatat
The National
The Strokes

NorthernChaosGod
01-19-2011, 11:35 PM
I'm surprised you answered that seriously.

Inferno
01-20-2011, 12:34 AM
Sorry there are not enough death metal bands in this kind of event

Shorty
01-20-2011, 02:11 AM
Seriously, Kings of Leon are headlining? Interpol should be heading that day.

I'd go for...

Interpol
Brandon Flowers
Crystal Castles
Cold War Kids
Arcade Fire
ANIMAL COLLECTIVE
Gogol Bordello
Jenny and Johnny omg ;-;

Day 2 is clearly the best day to be at the show. I'm so jealous, I wish I were going. :(

NorthernChaosGod
01-20-2011, 02:48 AM

You should be, it would be better.

Seriously now, I believe there are only three acts that I'd like to see. And I'm not even sure how to act at a Kanye West show. :|

NeoCracker
01-20-2011, 05:51 AM

You should be, it would be better.

Seriously now, I believe there are only three acts that I'd like to see. And I'm not even sure how to act at a Kanye West show. :|

Start a crowd wide chant of 'You're a douche bag'?

NorthernChaosGod
01-20-2011, 05:54 AM
I don't care if he's a douche, he still makes good music.

NeoCracker
01-20-2011, 06:03 AM
He makes better music then most other hip hop artists today, yes.

That being said, he's still not that good. :p

Hot Shot
01-20-2011, 06:50 AM
Kanye West is good. You shouldn't have a closed mind about a certain genre of music. My interest in music is fairly eclectic, which is why I would love to go to that festival. It's seems a million times better than glastonbury imo.

McLovin'
01-20-2011, 07:13 AM
I went last year and it was smurfing amazing. The whole event is like one long, giant show. The food was so fulfilling. Garlic fries with crab meat...kernel corn...giant ass pizzas. Oh yeah and the music was entrancing too. So Ratatat is playing this year so I'm def excited for that. Hopefully Daft Punk makes a last minute headliner a week before the event starts! :) If you haven't seen the Coachella 2010 video on youtube you oughta check it out.

G13
01-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Kanye West is good. You shouldn't have a closed mind about a certain genre of music.

I disagree. With both of those sentences.

Country music, to me personally, is annoying. The whine of their voice, the same, monotonous beat of their music, everything about it offends my senses. Rap is almost the same with very few exceptions. I like a little more to my music than references to drugs, alcohol, "bitches" and/or "hoes", or some sort of group gathering with a lot of people who like to drop their own name a lot.

Flogging Molly is the only band I'd be interested in seeing. Maybe, maybe, Jack's Mannequin. I remember enjoying one of their songs back in my O.C. watching days.

Hot Shot
01-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Kanye West is good. You shouldn't have a closed mind about a certain genre of music.

Country music, to me personally, is annoying. The whine of their voice, the same, monotonous beat of their music, everything about it offends my senses. Rap is almost the same with very few exceptions. I like a little more to my music than references to drugs, alcohol, "bitches" and/or "hoes", or some sort of group gathering with a lot of people who like to drop their own name a lot.

Flogging Molly is the only band I'd be interested in seeing. Maybe, maybe, Jack's Mannequin. I remember enjoying one of their songs back in my O.C. watching days.
Believe it or not but not all rap is about "bitches" and/or "hoes". In fact there are a lot of songs that aren't about it. It's just kinda proves my point that some people don't have an open mind and have pre conceptions of a certain genres. I'm pretty sure you haven't listened to a lot of hip hop if you have that opinion.

And as for country, I 'm not a big fan. I'm just saying when you are gonna listen to something don't automatically have a negative opinion. When I was younger, I didn't like rock that much and then I started hearing songs that I liked a lot. And now, it's my favourite genre. But don't think I'm gunning you down, I understand music is about personal preference and I'm not trying to force my ideas down your throat. Coachella's line up is so broad in the artists' musical styles and genres that it would be a shame to not listen to certain acts because you don't like them, you never know you might be surprised. You wanna get your money's worth so try and squeeze in as much music as possible whilst you there. And that's the beauty of this festival, there are so many acts that there is something for everyone. :D

Inferno
01-20-2011, 04:28 PM
So Ratatat is playing this year so I'm def excited for that. Hopefully Daft Punk makes a last minute headliner a week before the event starts! :) If you haven't seen the Coachella 2010 video on youtube you oughta check it out.
I heard Queens of the stone Age were supposed to be there. And yes I saw the video, I can't fucking wait

You wanna get your money's worth so try and squeeze in as much music as possible whilst you there. And that's the beauty of this festival, there are so many acts that there is something for everyone. :D

That's what's awesome about this event, there are a lot of bands that have never heard of, and I plan on discovering some new stuff. I'll check out Shorty's suggestions... so if someone else has some too, I'll be glad to hear them.

Shorty
01-20-2011, 04:50 PM
FYI, Flogging Molly puts on a fucking awesome show, and so does Gogol Bordello. Anyone who's going should make it a point to see them.

NorthernChaosGod
01-20-2011, 09:47 PM
So Ratatat is playing this year so I'm def excited for that. Hopefully Daft Punk makes a last minute headliner a week before the event starts! :) If you haven't seen the Coachella 2010 video on youtube you oughta check it out.
I heard Queens of the stone Age were supposed to be there. And yes I saw the video, I can't smurfing wait

Now wait a fucking minute. Queens of the Stone Age are going to be there?! :eek:

Inferno
01-21-2011, 01:27 AM
I heard Queens of the stone Age were supposed to be there. And yes I saw the video, I can't smurfing wait

Now wait a smurfing minute. Queens of the Stone Age are going to be there?! :eek:

No, it was just a strong rumor before the linenup was released

EDIT:

Crystal Castles
Not so sure about this one

Cold War Kids
I think I like the sound of that

ANIMAL COLLECTIVE
Not bad, it reminds me of MGMT... A LOT

Jenny and Johnny omg ;-;
Jenny's hot (for her age)

NorthernChaosGod
01-21-2011, 02:51 AM
Gay. I love QoTSA. :(

G13
01-21-2011, 08:27 AM

Believe it or not but not all rap is about "bitches" and/or "hoes". In fact there are a lot of songs that aren't about it. It's just kinda proves my point that some people don't have an open mind and have pre conceptions of a certain genres. I'm pretty sure you haven't listened to a lot of hip hop if you have that opinion.

Nah, I haven't really listened to hip hop since the 90's. The majority of rap that I hear from friends' iPods is pretty spot on to what I described, though. If I don't like what I hear I'm not going to be very inclined to try listening to other artists of that genre. I'm not saying it's bad music, it's just not my bag, man. I will admit, however, that I was being pretty dickish when I wrote that first post and I apologize.

NorthernChaosGod
01-21-2011, 04:28 PM

Nah, I haven't really listened to hip hop since the 90's. The majority of rap that I hear from friends' iPods is pretty spot on to what I described, though. If I don't like what I hear I'm not going to be very inclined to try listening to other artists of that genre. I'm not saying it's bad music, it's just not my bag, man. I will admit, however, that I was being pretty dickish when I wrote that first post and I apologize.
The answer here is obvious: your friends have :bou::bou::bou::bou: taste. :monster:

You told me you liked the stuff I had you listen to. :cry: