PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight Rises - more casting announced

charliepanayi
01-19-2011, 08:06 PM
Anne Hathaway is Catwoman, Tom Hardy is Bane in The Dark Knight Rises  | Film | Newswire | The A.V. Club (http://www.avclub.com/articles/anne-hathaway-is-catwoman-tom-hardy-is-bane-in-the,50293/)

So what do people think of these two choices and the presence of Selina Kyle/Bane in the film? Both pretty good actors anyway, Tom Hardy was one of the best things about Inception.

Shlup
01-19-2011, 08:09 PM
I love Anne Hathaway and think she can totally pull this off. Tom Hardy I don't know at all, but whatever. I like all the casting for these movies except for their choices for Rachel (so glad she exploded) so I'm not worried.

Best of luck to them; they have a lot to live up to after the villains from the last movie.

NorthernChaosGod
01-19-2011, 09:47 PM
I can't really form an opinion on these two in these roles just yet, I'm a bit skeptical though. At least Anne Hathaway is hot. :D

I like all the casting for these movies except for their choices for Rachel (so glad she exploded) so I'm not worried.

Me too, I disliked them both.

charliepanayi
01-19-2011, 10:53 PM
To be fair Rachel's character was a bit of a cipher in both films, hard for even a good actor to make much of.

kotora
01-19-2011, 11:28 PM
It's okay as long as they don't put Robin in this movie

bipper
01-19-2011, 11:31 PM
He already said he did not want robin in any of his movies.

I think he is saving that character for his teen titans take.

Miriel
01-20-2011, 12:14 AM
I like Hathaway but I don't really feel like she's a good fit for Catwoman. Even when she's naked, Hathaway is never really sexy or sultry. She's just kinda doe-eyed and cute. I was hoping for Eva Green.

But I think Nolan has made some really bizarre choices for female leads in this franchise. Katie Holmes and Maggie Gyllenhaal? Really?

Shorty
01-20-2011, 02:21 AM
I think that Anne Hathaway has a shot. Nolan hasn't exactly been mediocre with his choice of actors for the past two films. (I liked Maggie as Rachel.) I think she can pull it off under his direction.

I don't know much about Tom Hardy. Apparently he's been in films I've seen, but I don't remember him at all.

Depression Moon
01-20-2011, 03:00 AM
I don;t know what y'all are talking about Rachel was the stuff in Batman Begins. I was disappointed when she was recasted. Her face fit Gotham perfectly.

Most importantly here I have to look this up for other places because the villain choices are disappointing to me. I was hoping the female would be Talia Al Ghul and Nolan mentioned that the movie was going to be inspired/based on the Prey graphic novel that features Hugo Strange as the villain.

Shiny
01-20-2011, 03:07 AM
http://thehiphopupdate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Batman-Returns-11-2.jpg

I was hoping for Philip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin. Tom Hardy as Bane sounds good. I don't know who the heck Bane is, but then again I never followed D.C. comics. Hate them. Marvel 4 lief.

Del Murder
01-20-2011, 03:10 AM
Odd choice for Catwoman. Catwoman is supposed to be sexy and dangerous, and Hathaway isn't either. Should have got Michelle Pfeiffer. She could still pull it off.

Depression Moon
01-20-2011, 03:11 AM
Bane was in Batman the animated series. Didn't you see that?

Shiny
01-20-2011, 03:18 AM
I've only watched Batman Beyond. That :bou::bou::bou::bou: was amazing. I would love for that to be made into a film adaptation, but that's as likely as the Cowboy Bebop movie as of right now.

Shlup
01-20-2011, 04:57 AM
Shiny wtf I don't even...

NeoCracker
01-20-2011, 05:41 AM
Batman Beyond was awesome, though it ended way before it's time, as you never got to see the return of Blight. :(

ScottyRedXIII
01-20-2011, 11:14 PM
Im certianly glad bane is to be making an aperance, i think he was the only good thing about the Batman and Robin Film. I also loved Tom Hardy in Inception, but was a bit ehh about him being bane, he looks just a little to ..... weak? to be Bane...

Was also a bit scepticall of Anne Hataway as cat woman (not a huge fan) But i trust Nolans decisions, it seems lately he can do no wrong.

NorthernChaosGod
01-21-2011, 02:50 AM
I really want to know wtf is going on with this movie if Catwoman isn't going to be Catwoman and Bane isn't breaking Batman in two.

LunarWeaver
01-22-2011, 05:24 PM
I genuinely never thought he'd do Selina Me. I'm happily surprised. I'm cool with the casting of Anne. It's not like he just hands out roles to anyone for the laughs of it. I remember the Internet having nose bleeds because he cast Heath Ledger and look at how that went.

I expected The Riddler. Thinking on it, I feel he'd be too similar to what Joker did in The Dark Knight, though. It'd be horrible terroristy acts Batman and Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg hurry to stop, but with a jaunty riddle.

Elskidor
01-22-2011, 05:54 PM
After the unusual casting of Ledger as the Joker, and how awesome it turned out, I'm not really worried about anyone Nolan uses for this movie. It's gonna rock.

McLovin'
01-23-2011, 12:12 AM
Holy Anne Hathaway Catwoman hotness, Batman!

BG-57
01-25-2011, 01:19 AM
I'm glad Catwoman's in this (not just because I love her character though): it's the perfect time in the story arc to introduce her. A person in mourning meeting someone else has a lot of dramatic potential.

I hope they portray Bane with brains as well as brawn this time. Shouldn't worry too much in this case.

In many ways BTAS has my favorite interpretations of those two characters; I hope the filmakers use it for reference.

NorthernChaosGod
01-25-2011, 03:30 AM
Man, if Bane is retarded or something I'm going to be pissed.

charliepanayi
01-25-2011, 09:03 AM
I seriously doubt that this will be the Batman and Robin Bane or anything like that.

G13
01-25-2011, 12:45 PM
I heard somewhere there would be two love interests, so Talia Al Ghul could still be a contender, and that Black Mask was going to get some attention. I could be completely wrong though as I don't remember where I heard that. :tongue:

BG-57
01-25-2011, 03:40 PM
I liked the dynamic between Catwoman and Talia in the first Hush series. Something along those lines would be great. Basically, they understand each other too well: Talia understands that Catwoman isn't as non-possessive of Batman as she claims and Catwoman knows that it bothers Talia that Batman cares about her more than she's willing to admit.

Speaking of which, my favorite character interaction in Hush was between Catwoman and Alfred, where they discuss what drives Batman and her role in his life. Its both funny and touching all at once.

Shattered Dreamer
01-25-2011, 03:54 PM
If it's the Bane that appears in the Knightfall series of comics then this will be a great film.

Shiny
02-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Joseph Gordon-Levitt will be appearing in The Dark Knight Rises. All I could think was, "oh no, they're going to make him Robin."

Shattered Dreamer
02-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Christopher Nolan said he wasn't going to have Robin in any Batman film he directs. Also Christian Bale said he wouldn't do a Batman film with a side kick of any description. Also I heard Nolan is casting Joseph Gordon-Levitt as a 2nd villain

Come to think of it given Joseph Gordon-Levitt slight resemblance to Heath Ledger I wouldn't be surprised if he plays the Joker who's locked up in Arkham after the events of The Dark Knight

Merged - G13

Depression Moon
02-02-2011, 08:06 PM
but didn't Nolan say numerous times that he will not put the Joker back in the film not even showing deleted footage?

Also if he is going to play a villain, wouldn't that make him a third with Cat and Bane already announced?

Freya
02-02-2011, 08:32 PM
He's the other love interest :3

NorthernChaosGod
02-02-2011, 11:33 PM
but didn't Nolan say numerous times that he will not put the Joker back in the film not even showing deleted footage?

Also if he is going to play a villain, wouldn't that make him a third with Cat and Bane already announced?
Selina Kyle, not Catwoman. It's been implied that they're just introducing her.

Shiny
02-03-2011, 03:08 AM
Joseph kinda of looks like Heath. They have similar foreheads and other facial features, but I'm hoping they just don't bring back The Joker even though I think Joseph is fully capable of doing the role justice it would just be in poor taste.

McLovin'
02-03-2011, 07:35 AM
If it fits well in the story I don't care if they put the Joker in. What does it matter?

jdj5585
02-15-2011, 03:58 AM
The Joker isn't going to happen. I don't even think Levitt would consider trying to fill those shoes--he only does certain movies, and I don't think he'd do it if he were being cast as the Joker. That said...mmm Levitt :)

Nolan hasn't had a single movie let me down, and I have more faith in him than I have in anyone else in the business. As far as that man is concerned, I'm a drone and he's the master who can do no harm. He's the man.

Bunny
02-15-2011, 04:24 AM
The Joker isn't going to happen. I don't even think Levitt would consider trying to fill those shoes--he only does certain movies, and I don't think he'd do it if he were being cast as the Joker. That said...mmm Levitt

I don't understand this. He did GI-Joe, why exactly wouldn't he do a Batman movie that has a solid cast and solid director behind it? He's one of the more capable actors that would be able to 'fill those shoes', if anyone were.

jdj5585
02-15-2011, 04:51 AM
I don't understand this. He did GI-Joe, why exactly wouldn't he do a Batman movie that has a solid cast and solid director behind it? He's one of the more capable actors that would be able to 'fill those shoes', if anyone were.[/QUOTE]

He's more into artsy, meaningful things. I just don't think he'd feel right about trying to follow up Heath. Could be wrong, of course.

I haven't seen G.I. Joe! Didn't know he was in any such movie...I'll have to look into that :)

Shiny
02-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Bane looks scary as hell. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCZdatww69w)

I'm not happy with who they chose for Hugo Strange. He was always the most interesting villain to me aside from The Joker. Very disheartened. :/

Freya
02-27-2011, 08:52 PM
It's a fan made trailer. The robin williams speculation was started after some guy just tweeted that it'd be cool and it spread like wildfire. There's no fact behind it. So Hugo strange is still safe.

G13
02-27-2011, 11:43 PM
The Robin Williams scenes are from The Final Cut, or a few of them are at least. And if that's how Bane is going to look I'll be a little disappointed. I expect a beast of a man.

Bunny
02-28-2011, 12:21 AM
~45 seconds in is from like.. Aeon Flux or some :bou::bou::bou::bou:, I think.

Shiny
02-28-2011, 01:38 AM
Omg, thank gaaawd. Robin would ruin the series. Bane will probably look like that. I mean, I don't think they're going to alter his body much aside from his face and maybe some veins. He'll just bulk up to the weight he was in Bronson prob.

sharkythesharkdogg
02-28-2011, 02:43 AM
Apparently I'm the only one that thinks Williams could do the role of Strange justice. I don't like a lot of the roles the man has played, and his old stand-up has not aged well. I admit that. I do think he plays an unbalanced, off-kilter role nicely. Not all of his roles are over the top. I've seen him pull off subtle, evil creepiness convincingly.

So who is a good Hugo Strange candidate? Jean Reno has the look, but I don't know about much else.

Jiro
02-28-2011, 04:42 AM
When I see shots from Aeon Flux and Equilibrium tossed in there, I start to call bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:.

sharkythesharkdogg
02-28-2011, 05:30 AM
I'm not saying he's been confirmed. I just don't think Williams is such a terrible choice.

Shiny
02-28-2011, 06:03 AM
~45 seconds in is from like.. Aeon Flux or some :bou::bou::bou::bou:, I think.

Ew da hell, I knew that part looked familiar. Very well put together fake trailer though. The Bane stuff had me properly fooled. I don't know what movie that's from. I started to loose doubt when I realized the Anne Hathaway scenes were from Passengers. Ugh, hurry up and make the real teaser already so I can drool over Levitt.

Unbreakable Will
02-28-2011, 05:26 PM
He's the other love interest :3
I smurfing love you xD

Thank god there's no Robin. Bane needs to be badass and intelligent or I'm going to be really smurfing angry. And why the hell is Anne Hathaway Catwoman? :confused: She doesn't exactly seem to be the lithe/sexy/conniving type.

charliepanayi
02-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Presumably she's playing Selina Kyle because Christopher Nolan thinks she's the right actress for the role.

Shlup
02-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Is that why people on my FB page were freaking out that Robin Williams is in DKR? Because of a fan made trailer? LOL

That's cute.

sharkythesharkdogg
03-01-2011, 10:13 PM
/threadjack.

Shlup, are you a big Back to the Future fan, or are you referencing something else above your avatar? I kept meaning to ask and forgetting. Don't even know why I'm so curious. :confused:

Mercen-X
03-05-2011, 10:33 PM
I heard somewhere there would be two love interests, so Talia Al Ghul could still be a contender, and that Black Mask was going to get some attention. I could be completely wrong though as I don't remember where I heard that. :tongue:
I would like to Tal and Black Mask.

I don't think there's going to be a Robin, but they may introduce Dick Grayson.
Did anyone notice that Gordon's daughter was unnamed in Dark Knight?

Ouch!
03-05-2011, 11:58 PM
Nolan stated right from the beginning that Dick Grayson is too young to take up the mantle of Robin; I believe initial interviews even before Batman Begins quoted Nolan as saying that Robin was still in the crib and that his appearance was not appropriate for the time line of these Batman movies. Maybe there would be a nod to a very young Dick Grayson or perhaps some referential quips from Alfred to Bruce about how he should take up a sidekick, but other than that, I don't expect much of anything.

New rumors seem to be suggesting the Levitt is playing a villain anyway; there are also some rumblings that there will be involvement from the League of Shadows run by Talia Al'Ghul. It's all just speculation now, but we'll see.

Mercen-X
03-07-2011, 09:58 PM
OMGeezers... :eep: JGL is going to dawn the BLACK MASK............ thnik?

BtW, I told my mom the news of Anne Hath and she's in dire need of seeing DKR now!

spirit
03-08-2011, 05:02 PM
I'll see it on video...

sharkythesharkdogg
03-11-2011, 01:30 PM
I think you'll actually see it on DVD, or some other digital format. :D

charliepanayi
03-11-2011, 01:44 PM
I'll see it on Betamax!

ScottyRedXIII
03-11-2011, 02:44 PM
I'll see it on Betamax!

"WINNING"

Ouch!
03-20-2011, 08:52 PM
The new rumor is that Joseph Gordon-Levitt role has been unofficially confirmed to be Alberto Falcone, more commonly known as the Holiday Killer. The information is looking sketchier and sketchier, but that would certainly be interesting.

Mercen-X
03-26-2011, 07:57 PM
JGL earned my favoritism as Rex Doctor Commander. I'm sure whatever role he's cast in will be interesting.

spirit
03-28-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm not a really big fan of the new movies, but there are some production stills , or at least concepts in this video. Some of you may appreciate this.
The Dark Knight Rises-Leaked Behind The Scenes! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc)