PDA

View Full Version : Dissidia 012 character alignments

SuperMillionaire
01-19-2011, 11:00 PM
From what I've heard, some characters in the 13th cycle have switched allegiances in the 12th cycle. Jecht is a Warrior of Cosmos, while Terra, Cloud, and Tidus are warriors of Chaos. Now, from the new characters that are being introduced in this prequel, I would have to guess that Kain will start on Cosmos' side, then switch to Chaos' side, and Gilgamesh is obviously on Chaos' side, while all the others, I would have to gues, and on Cosmos' side. So, which characters do you think will be on Cosmos' side, and which ones on Chaos' side?

dunit697
01-19-2011, 11:07 PM
All new characters with the exception of gilgamesh are on cosmos I believe

Hot Shot
01-20-2011, 12:42 AM
It's anybody's guess right now, but I do hope the character alignment changes a bit. If they add Celes, she could be a chaos character which would be cool.

Wolf Kanno
01-20-2011, 07:01 AM
If Celes were added she may be a Cosmos character. It seems pretty evident from the trailer that we're exploring Terra's time as a slave to Kefka. If the rumors of Sephy controlling Cloud are true and with Kain's usual jealous/asshole shenanigans, we may be looking at a lot of backstabbing going on.

Tidus throws me off a bit. Unlike Terra, Cloud or Kain, he doesn't have anything in his story that would make me feel he would be on Chaos' side. I'm still betting his neutral at best. It's not like the Cosmos side didn't fight each other at times. I'm also curious about Kuja as well since the trailers are hinting he's on cosmos side or at least mistaken for their kind. Like Tidus, he has nothing from his own game that makes me feel like he would be on cosmos side naturally. Even if they added IX's version of Garland as a bad guy, its not like Kuja's goals were actual noble, understandable, but hardly noble.

Skyblade
01-21-2011, 08:32 AM
If Celes were added she may be a Cosmos character. It seems pretty evident from the trailer that we're exploring Terra's time as a slave to Kefka. If the rumors of Sephy controlling Cloud are true and with Kain's usual jealous/asshole shenanigans, we may be looking at a lot of backstabbing going on.

Tidus throws me off a bit. Unlike Terra, Cloud or Kain, he doesn't have anything in his story that would make me feel he would be on Chaos' side. I'm still betting his neutral at best. It's not like the Cosmos side didn't fight each other at times. I'm also curious about Kuja as well since the trailers are hinting he's on cosmos side or at least mistaken for their kind. Like Tidus, he has nothing from his own game that makes me feel like he would be on cosmos side naturally. Even if they added IX's version of Garland as a bad guy, its not like Kuja's goals were actual noble, understandable, but hardly noble.

Tidus does throw me a bit as well. I mean, the only reason he would have would be to reject Jecht (if Jecht is now Cosmos), but he worked through most of his daddy issues at the end of his story in Dissidia. Soooo... Not sure. Unless it's really Shuyin on the side of Chaos, and nobody knows it because they look identical for reasons that still have yet to be explained.

Also, how the heck did I miss confirmation of Gilgamesh? LINKIES!

Darkwolf090
01-28-2011, 05:39 PM
For Kuja at his end in FFIX he ends up saving everyone and becoming a good guy kinda, so that would be the reason he is on Cosmos.
Cloud- I think he is just being used like normal by Sephiroth.
Terra- Easy. Mind controlled by the clown.
Tidus- as stated it might be Shinyu and to ask why Shinyu looks like Tidus is cuz Tidus is just a dream right? Well they stated he is a Dream of Shinyu, thats all they went into it. So its either Shinyu or its just because Jecht is on Chaos and seeing as this is infact a prequel to Dissidia 1 the daddy issues are more then likely still around.
Jecht- He was a good guy so that one is easy too.

I would like to see more change ups too. Like Cecil has said to be a Chaos warrior in a cycle, it would be interesting to see Sephiroth Cosmos for a cycle but that would be more of Crisis Core Sephiroth so maybe we should replace Cloud with Zack for that one.

As for FFXI How they are adding Prishe as another cosmos warrior I would of liked to see The Shadow Lord or something for a Chaos warrior from FFXI.

SuperMillionaire
03-02-2011, 03:26 PM
For that, we'd have to go to the... 11th cycle?

Jessweeee♪
03-03-2011, 12:33 AM
Tidus does throw me a bit as well. I mean, the only reason he would have would be to reject Jecht (if Jecht is now Cosmos), but he worked through most of his daddy issues at the end of his story in Dissidia. Soooo... Not sure. Unless it's really Shuyin on the side of Chaos, and nobody knows it because they look identical for reasons that still have yet to be explained.

Yeah, I can't see anything, not even Jecht making Tidus be on the bad guy's side for any reason whatsoever. He's too...antsy?...to succumb to mind games, his feelings towards his father wouldn't cause this (consider him Cloud-ified if it turns out to be the case), and he's just an all around good guy :confused:

Shuyin is the only thing that makes sense to me, but it would really surprise me to see any of FFX-2 acknowledged in this game. It would be interesting to see!

Mercen-X
03-05-2011, 09:28 PM
For Kuja at his end in FFIX he ends up saving everyone and becoming a good guy kinda, so that would be the reason he is on Cosmos.

So then, Kuja was originally a Cosmos warrior? Then he traded to the Chaos side and felt guilty and saved everyone?
I only ask 'cause I'm unsure if you're aware that Duodecim takes place BEFORE the original game.

As for IX's story, I agree that Kuja was incorrigible. He was selfish and self-motivated. But similar to Edea and Golbez and even Jecht, he was a nice guy deep down. Unlike so many other villains whose goals were to rule or wipe out all life, Kuja was primarily concerned with his own survival and had a change of heart shortly before dying.

As for Tidus, well, at times, early on, Auron would say that Tidus was procrastinating or running away. That's all I can think of.