PDA

View Full Version : You know, as long as Square is on a remake streak...

KentaRawr!
01-21-2011, 04:17 PM
So, Square has released remakes of a lot of Final Fantasy games, some of the Dragon Quest games, and now they're remaking Final Fantasy Legends in the form of SaGa. Amidst all these remakes, wouldn't it be cool if they remade Radical Dreamers? Not in the way they did with Chrono Cross, though. I mean by following the characters of Serge, Kid, and Gil as they appeared in Radical Dreamers. I think it would be interesting to see how they envision the environments of the game when they're not necessarily relying on text to describe them, and also when they spend more than 3 months working on it! It would also be nice if they maybe expanded the story, just a little bit. It really just ended with Kid figuring out that she's Schala, but the story feels really incomplete. I'd really like to know what the three of them did after that! But, then again, maybe I'm just not looking at the story the right way. I guess I'd really just like them to revisit the world of Radical Dreamers. It was a fun little game, even though it was awfully short. :3

Edit: And speaking of that, how old is Serge exactly? He can't really be as young as he was in Chrono Cross, because he apparently composed the song that Lucca always sang to Kid. Kid is like, 15 or so, and Lucca died when Kid was a little girl. Serge is such a creeper. I don't blame Kid for totally ditching him at the end of the game.

Roogle
01-21-2011, 07:28 PM
I would not like to see a remake of Radical Dreamers because it is not a popular type of game. I would rather see a remake of Chrono Cross with elements of Radical Dreamers incorporated into the story; for example, I would like Magus to appear rather than Guile since they were originally intended to be the same person. I would like for members of the development team to be similar to the Chrono Cross or Chrono Trigger team, if possible. Square Enix brought back the original development team behind Tactics Ogre.

Wolf Kanno
01-25-2011, 04:58 AM
You have a better chance of the game just being released on Wii ware than a remake. Masato Kato, the writer and director of Radical Dreamers and Chrono Cross considers the game to be an embarrassment and refused to have it added as an unlockable in the Playstation port. (http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Ultimania_Developer_Interviews.html)

Kato – Actually, about RD, there was some attempt before CC was put on the market. The Stellaview data was planned to be put on a ROM cartridge and connected to a premier at Akihabara (Electronics district in Tokyo, nerd central). The porting development team heard this and wanted to put all of RD into the CT Playstation port, but was told to leave it as it was. I also rejected it. It was made four years about, and when I read the script now, I’m easily embarrassed. While the development of the RD story is in CC, I think there’s no reason you need to understand RD to enjoy CC.

Though he does later mention that he feels Chrono Cross is the remake to Radical Dreamers which is why he's retcon Radical Dreamers out of the Chrono universe.

Since Kato is freelance though, SE could release the game but it would probably only come from an obscure Wii ware DLC. Though I must admit I wouldn't mind holding off on a PSN DLC of Chrono Cross if SE was going to do a snazzy port like the DS port of Chrono Trigger, or even a Chrono 3 though that will probably never happen...