PDA

View Full Version : Duke Nukem: Forever has a what?

Madame Adequate
01-21-2011, 05:27 PM
A release date?

Well :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

YouTube - Duke Nukem Forever Reveal Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-b78TKZIyw&feature=player_embedded)

(If you're some kind of non-YouTubeing freakazoid, release date is May 3rd. Of this year. 2011.)

Rantz
01-21-2011, 06:05 PM
This is where we find out the whole "need more time need more time SHUT IT DOWN" process was just a marketing ploy, like Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy.

JKTrix
01-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Looking forward to the demo to see if I should keep my expectations low about the game.

DMKA
01-21-2011, 07:06 PM
I'm kinda sad that my favorite 13 year old joke now has a punchline. ;__;

Dreddz
01-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Duke Nukem Forever embodies the 90's and for that alone I'm buying the game. At the same time, as a game, it'll be nothing special. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Loony BoB
01-21-2011, 08:36 PM
I don't care if it's not good, I'm just going to enjoy it because of Duke Nukem. The trailer for me didn't look amazing. But it looked fun, and that's good enough for me.

Old Manus
01-21-2011, 09:17 PM
I expect the box to have a bad case of acne all over it, and a shyness around females

Loony BoB
01-21-2011, 10:00 PM
I expect the box to have a bad case of acne all over it, and a shyness around females
Possibly going so far as to insult them on occasion in the interest of gaining their attention?

Aerith's Knight
01-21-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm glad they went for a comedy shooter, instead of creating it into another generic action shooter.

It's.. original, at least.

NorthernChaosGod
01-21-2011, 11:09 PM
So fucking getting this when it drops.

Raistlin
01-22-2011, 12:15 AM
It's actually kind of sad that this is coming out. It will likely be a mediocre game at best, and completely forgotten about within a few months after its release. Whereas its nonrelease has been a running geek joke for over a decade.

VeloZer0
01-22-2011, 01:02 AM
(If you're some kind of non-YouTubeing freakazoid, release date is May 3rd. Of this year. 2011.)
Nice to know my kind is acknowledged here.

Though this is a 100% buy for me (regardless of it's quality it is like owning a piece of video game history) I agree completely with the sentiments of this thread. There is no way the actual game could live up to the epic saga of it's creation.

kotora
01-22-2011, 03:44 AM
didn't they use the same song for the Scott Pilgrim vs the World trailer

btw that voice acting sounds super derpy

Madame Adequate
01-22-2011, 04:48 AM
didn't they use the same song for the Scott Pilgrim vs the World trailer

btw that voice acting sounds super derpy

I guess you're too young to remember DOOK the first time around

Psychotic
01-22-2011, 04:52 AM
As far as I'm concerned, giving it to Gearbox was cheating and doesn't count :colbert:

Although it'll probably be a decent game because of it.

Jiro
01-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Well I enjoyed the trailer at least. I'm scared it will be a balls game, but man it's fucking Duke Nukem.

WE'RE FUCKING BRINGING IT

Bolivar
01-24-2011, 06:43 PM
As far as I'm concerned, giving it to Gearbox was cheating and doesn't count :colbert:

Although it'll probably be a decent game because of it.

The actual game had already been completed by 3D Realms and Gearbox only worked on the console ports, they most just picked it up so there would be a studio stamp somewhere on it.

I played it. It's awesome.

Meat Puppet
01-27-2011, 02:41 PM
This is where we find out the whole "need more time need more time SHUT IT DOWN" process was just a marketing ploy, like Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy.
nope.avi

It's actually kind of sad that this is coming out. It will likely be a mediocre game at best, and completely forgotten about within a few months after its release. Whereas its nonrelease has been a running geek joke for over a decade.
At least you still have Episode 3

The actual game had already been completed by 3D Realms and Gearbox only worked on the console ports, they most just picked it up so there would be a studio stamp somewhere on it.

Yar, and I heard that there were still 3DR employees working as a sub-unit inside Gearbox. So I think something like it’s still 3DR without Broussard (thumbs up), although after playing Borderlands I would say that if (if) the project had to be given to somebody, Gearbox had the humor for it!

Bolivar
01-27-2011, 06:17 PM

Yar, and I heard that there were still 3DR employees working as a sub-unit inside Gearbox. So I think something like it’s still 3DR without Broussard (thumbs up), although after playing Borderlands I would say that if (if) the project had to be given to somebody, Gearbox had the humor for it!

Yeah, it's an awesome fit, and I know a lot of people at Gearbox, up to Randy Pitchford himself, worked at 3D Realms on Duke Nukem 3D, so there was a lot of passion in the studio about doing this.

Jiro
01-29-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm keen for the sequel, Duke Nukem: Foreverer. It'll only take 18 years in development.