PDA

View Full Version : Which Final Fantasy Boss was the hardest (non-optional) up through 13

dunit697
01-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Mine was that lightening bird from ffIII,

Jessweeee♪
01-23-2011, 06:24 PM
I had the hardest time with Yunalesca, and I always do if I don't grind before hand. It's so bad I even resort to throwing gil.

Remon
01-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Yunalesca for me too. I just couldn't do anything about her zombiefying attacks and the kill everyone attack :(

Elskidor
01-24-2011, 01:04 AM
Been awhile since replayed em all, but out of the ones I've played this year I think Yunalesca takes the win. Chick had some mad skills, and what a LONG friggin battle! I always train my characters up like crazy and still she gave me a good 30 minute sweat.

Evastio
01-24-2011, 04:07 AM
Mine was that lightening bird from ffIII,
You mean Garuda?

Heh, I have to agree. That was the first time I had to completely class change my team to beat a boss. Even with the all dragoon strategy, he took multiple tries for me to beat him.

Well, there were times in FFV where I went "all summoner" on bosses, but that was mostly for convenience and overkill purposes. And it got too easy when I used strategies like that.

VeloZer0
01-24-2011, 04:44 AM
My second playthrough of FF3 I thought I was hot stuff and I tried to beat Garuda without a dragoon in the party. Owned. If you don't use a dragoon the fight is borderline impossible. (Certainly well above the difficulty curve of any other FF boss I can think of)

I don't remember Yunalesca to be all that hard. I had some difficulty, but that was only because at the end of stage 1 I let my HP run down and kept doing damage because I didn't know there was another stage. I still managed to recover and win, but it was the most trouble I had in FF10. Though it was just on par with the average boss difficulty in an NES title.

Wolfen
01-24-2011, 09:14 AM
I really hate the Demon Wall in FF4 and FF7.

Jiro
01-24-2011, 09:34 AM
Materia Keeper kicked my ass a bit before I understood what I was doing. Seymour's final battle and the one on Gagazet give me a whole lot of trouble too, even when I prepare for them. Bastard Seymour :argh:

Shaibana
01-24-2011, 10:09 AM
from what ive played i think
Sephiroth in Crisis core.. bcaus first u have to defeat him while he gets back-up from those 4 cristals... and after that u gotta keep him on distance..
rllz got stuck there for a while

Elpizo
01-24-2011, 03:48 PM
Hmm... Cloud of Darkness in FF III on the NES without sages and ninjas is one hell of a fight, a race against time. Don't try it below lv 60, it won't work. Garuda on my first playthrough was hell, too, especially since I sold all dragoon equipment you find in that tower. :riiight:

I think III NES is the hardest FF game where the challenge is fair. Not like I, which is frustrating, or II, which is even more so. IV's not very fair either, since all you can do if stuck is grind. And from V on, FF wasn't very hard anymore. In III, you could at least try different class combinations, which often worked wonders.

Depression Moon
01-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Probably Gagazet Seymour and the Goddess Statue in VI.

Yunalesca was only hard for me on my 1st playthrough. On my second playthrough I knew what to do. Try and keep at least one ally zombified before her third form.

Hollycat
01-24-2011, 09:08 PM
minerva from crisis core.

Shibana....
I have no words for you....
*writes shibana on wall of shame*

nobody who has played crisis core should ever say anything but minerva, she has:
ONE HUNDRED MILLION HP!!!!!
and an updated version with hard mode:
TWO HUNDRED MILLION HP!!!!!
your max damage ever is 99,999, and she has an attack that peirces pheonix down and does an average of 80,000 damage, your max hp is 99,999, and thats if you have 2 materia out of 6 completely devoted to hp, which only leaves you 4, two of which must be used for defense and magic defense, and one which must be costly puch or you can only deal up to 32,000 damage a second.
you must have a steal materia the first time even if you die, and you have to have ribbon

EDIT: sorry I just saw the non optional boss part, but you are still on the wall.

hardest non optional boss has to be......
that beast that guards the entrance to the rift and spams huge damage hit all attacks.
or the magic keeper in 6

Vermachtnis
01-24-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm gonna say that robot at the foot of Gagezet in X and also Gagezet Seymore too. And 128 in VI isn't fun either. But that might be because of the wave after wave after wave of enemies right before that too.

Project G
01-25-2011, 12:43 AM
Demon Wall, Materia Keeper, Carry Armour from FFVII

1st playthrough of IX Taharka was a bitch, I sold all of my weapons not realising I would need them in Ipsens Castle

Wolf Kanno
01-25-2011, 04:41 AM
Difficulty is hard to pin on FF bosses, as long as you know either a) what to expect, or b) the special "trick" to beating them most of them are pretty damn easy. I never had issues with most of the bosses mentioned so far with the exception of Garuda but he's a "trick" boss and once you get a full dragoon party he goes down pretty easy. Also, Yunalesca goes down pretty quickly if you walk into the fight with a full party (Aeons included) with full Overdrives. ;)

The other boss that was mentioned that I feel is justified is Cloud of Darkness cause it's a bitch to kill if you are not leveled high enough and brought the wrong classes, notice I said and... Zeromus in the original FFIV is also a rightful pain in the ass cause even though there is a trick to beating him, that's only half the battle and he is a cakewalk in any version that isn't FFIVJ or the Chronicles version.

Del Murder
01-25-2011, 04:50 PM
People always say Yunalesca but I never had a problem with her. My vote goes to Weigraf from FF Tactics. The part where you have to solo him with Ramza is hard enough but then a lucavi battle happens right after!

Hollycat
01-25-2011, 04:56 PM
I accidentaly beat him, I was trying to kill the other things firswt for the exp, but firaja caught him and killed him

escobert
01-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Ultimica or wtf ever her name was in 8. She used to make me so mad.

Depression Moon
01-25-2011, 09:40 PM
I'm gonna say that robot at the foot of Gagezet in X and also Gagezet Seymore too. And 128 in VI isn't fun either. But that might be because of the wave after wave after wave of enemies right before that too.

There was a robot boss in X??? Now that you mentioned that flying robot in VI, VI had a lot of hard bosses. Fighting Hashmal in XII was hard both times for me and it comes with a similar situation like 128. You've been fighting waves of enemies that it is very likely for you to be on low health, MP, and or items when you fight him. I don't think there was a single save crystal before you got to him.

Elskidor
01-25-2011, 11:06 PM
The first time I played FFIV (Also my first FF), I found everything to be really hard on SNES. The fiend before Cecil VS Cecil, The Demon Wall, Zeromus, Dark Elf, Golbez and the entire friggin moon, but I always figured that had a lot to do with it being my first FF experience.

Laddy
01-27-2011, 12:58 AM
FFFXIII had really hard bosses. The first Dysley fight made me so angry.

black orb
01-29-2011, 04:41 AM
Ultimica or wtf ever her name was in 8. She used to make me so mad.
>>> Same here..:luca:

Shaibana
01-30-2011, 05:35 PM
now that u mention it..

dnt know if were talking about the same boss in X,
but there was a machine boss, with a fly-thing that gave them a shield.
so u first had to take down that flying thing, wich could only be done with range weapons, and than u could damage the real boss.. i dnt know the name anymore

i never finished that boss :o, and so i never finished X :( becaus i sold my ps2

p.s can i play ps2 games on ps3? ps1 games do work though
some say u can, some say u cant.. :S

Hollycat
01-30-2011, 09:49 PM
No, they're talking about the guardian outside the calm lands, it shoots its fist at you

Remon
01-30-2011, 10:01 PM
now that u mention it..

so u first had to take down that flying thing, wich could only be done with range weapons, and than u could damage the real boss.. i dnt know the name anymore

i never finished that boss :o, and so i never finished X :( becaus i sold my ps2

Crawler?? That thing that appears before going to the temple? That wasn't that hard. You should replay it xD
I know for sure that you can play FFX of PS3, because a friend of mine is playing it (though he might be lying, you never know). :p

BlackAsBlood00
01-30-2011, 11:28 PM
now that u mention it..

you can if your ps3 is backwards compatable...they stopped selling them a while back though...so if you bought yours over 3 years ago i say theres a good chance you can

Shaibana
01-31-2011, 08:01 AM
@ blackasblood: i think i bought it ... 3 years ago?
i think a small year after its release

@ remon::O yeah it was the crawler :3
well back then i couldnt get passed it ^^
ill try it out someday :) if i can play ps2 games

silentenigma
02-01-2011, 03:15 AM
Lets see... most of these bosses didn't give me any issues on second playthroughs, but...

Kary (FF1), R. Soul/Shrieker (FFII), Multiple Chimera (FFII), All the final bosses in FFII-V, Goddess (FFVI), Kefka top tier, Carry Armor (FFVII), Safer Sephiroth, Adel (FFVIII), Seifer in the Lunatic Pandora, Antlion (FFIX), Necron (FFIX), Seymour Flux, Yunalesca, Braska's Final Aeon, Judge Gabranth, Doctor Cid & Famfrit.

Karifean
02-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Seymour Flux. Damn him and his 2000+ damage attacks!

magemasher
02-02-2011, 07:58 PM
I think his name was Maliris from FF9, big snake thing with swords on it's head. I couldn't beat him for months on 1st playthrough. Mustard bomb used to do me every time. Demon wall on ff12 was tricky for me as well.

Depression Moon
02-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Snake? I think the only boss that casted Mustard Bomb in IX was The Iifa tree's mist produce. Soulcage I think his name was.

Loony BoB
02-06-2011, 12:48 PM
I love to grind. But the crystarium cap system meant that you couldn't overpower yourself in FFXIII. I have to pick a few out of that game for that reason - particular fights I had trouble with (until I learned the 'tricks' to beating them via the internet) were Cid and the Dysley fight where you have to attack him like crazy as he powers up.

Darkwolf090
02-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Zemous FFIVJapanese/PS1

To make sure he doesnt one hit you you need to still the Dark matter from him... issue is that this is the old PS1 version/japanese so.... Edge cant steal anything at all almost.... So ya... and if you do get it he is still a pain in the ass.

Also in FFIV DS Golbez was kinda a pain but thats cuz i kinda screwed myself.... it ended up Cecil solo'ing Golbez cuz Cecil was like level 60 and everyone else was like 30 or 37 or something lol

magemasher
02-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Yeah it was one of the 4 Guardians and first Memoria boss. It used to cast mustard bomb and kill you in 2 rounds with it if you didn't have body temp. It was a red and blue snake if I remember correctly.