PDA

View Full Version : PS3 PEOPLE HELP

ScottyRedXIII
01-23-2011, 11:14 PM
Hey guy's dont no if this is the right place to ask the question (The PSN formums are crap) but does any one no how to delete installed data of the hard drive (COD Map's, Installed game data i dont play ect) withought deleting everything of the system? Need to make room for DC Universe

Many thanks

JKTrix
01-24-2011, 03:48 AM
Go to the 'Game' Column, then go all the way up to 'Game Data Utility'. In there, you'll find all the install data for your games. Hit Triangle, then Delete to get rid of 'em.

ScottyRedXIII
01-24-2011, 06:43 AM
i have done that but there's still like 30gig being used up by nothing :/

Slothy
01-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Do you use Playstation Home? I remember that being a large install during the five seconds I had it on my PS3. You can try checking your save files as well, and make sure you don't have too many videos, demos or downloadable games on there.

Dreddz
01-24-2011, 01:10 PM
You think you got it bad, my PS3 just got the YLOD after nearly 4 years of use. Picked up littlebigplanet 2 and can't even play it. Plus my Hot Pursuit is stuck in the drive. Very annoyed right now.

Bolivar
01-24-2011, 06:37 PM
wow if you've gotten rid of unnecessarily installs it's hard to imagine what else could be doing it, maybe videos and music?

ScottyRedXIII
01-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Dreddz

You think you got it bad, my PS3 just got the YLOD after nearly 4 years of use. Picked up littlebigplanet 2 and can't even play it. Plus my Hot Pursuit is stuck in the drive. Very annoyed right now.

ahh bummer, my 60 gig did that with World at war still in it, could'nt get it out. took the thing apart to find the fan had broken melting everything the mother board and the disc (but to be honest it was probably good COD died) but i do miss the 60 gig with it's ps2 playback :(

Bolivar

wow if you've gotten rid of unnecessarily installs it's hard to imagine what else could be doing it, maybe videos and music?

No videos i stream them from my pc, no music i have no use for it and i got rid of all the Downloaded ps1 games (including FF 9 to my displeasure :mad2:) and could only manage 25 gig, witch is enough to install, just leaves nothing to save data ect

sharkythesharkdogg
01-25-2011, 04:21 AM
Someone mentioned YLOD. Educate me. What is that?:)

Dreddz
01-25-2011, 01:36 PM
Someone mentioned YLOD. Educate me. What is that?:)

YLOD is when the PS3 has a hardware failure and instead of switching on and showing a green light it shows you a yellow one instead and switches itself off.

I'm out of warranty so I may as well try to fix it myself. You need a heat gun to do it but I'm going old school and using a hairdryer instead. Gonna need to calm myself before doing it, this could get messy.

Crop
01-25-2011, 06:02 PM

I assume you have tried the trick to get the game out? Where you turn on the console while holding down the eject button?
I had my PS3 for around 4 years when it did the same, Fallout 3 was in there and I managed to get it out by doing that.

Dreddz
01-25-2011, 06:34 PM
I assume you have tried the trick to get the game out? Where you turn on the console while holding down the eject button?

Oh believe me I pressed the :bou::bou::bou::bou: out of that eject button.

Slothy
01-25-2011, 10:27 PM

Oh believe me I pressed the :bou::bou::bou::bou: out of that eject button.

I feel your pain. I dismantled my launch 60GB to get my friends copy of FFXIII out. Had I paid for the game I'm not sure I would have bothered though I do enjoy taking apart expensive electronics and seeing what's inside.