PDA

View Full Version : FF8 help

dragoon1028
01-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Im a final fantasy fan, and have beaten a few of the series. but out of all the ones i havent beaten, 8 is on the list. I have tried to play it on many occasions, but i get so bored that i eventually play something else. Im not saying the games bad, i like to beat the game fully, then i can give an opinion about it. Anyway, i was wondering if there were any hardcore final fantasy 8 gamers who could give me a couple hints on making gameplay better?

Hollycat
01-24-2011, 04:42 PM
play the card games, ff8 is the most grown up of the entire series, and is intentionally awkward.
really collecting the cards is the only thing you will be able to amuse yourself with, sorry.
This is the one game in the series that requires a huge amount of patience, and also after you have access to Ragnarok, the whole game has no challenge whatsoever

dragoon1028
01-24-2011, 04:57 PM
thats what ive heard. but man... after i draw 100 spells from 4 different spells, im ready just to pop in final fantasy 9... also, have you seen the Spoony experiments review of 8? would you agree with what he said or think it exaggerated? cause ive also seen his review of 10, and i disagree on a lot of points and i think it is a worthy title in the series. Not the best, but definately good.

Hollycat
01-24-2011, 05:43 PM
try drawing ultima and linking it to squalls attack.
heheheheeee

for most fun:
NEVER USE QUISTIS, ZELL, OR SELPHIE UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY
NEVER WASTE SPELLS ON BOSSES, HECK I GOT THROUGH THE GAME WITHOUT CASTING
EVEN ONE SPELL EVER
NEVER GO TO ISLAND CLOSEST TO HELL WITHOUT BEING ABOVE LEVEL 50
NEVER GO TO ISLAND CLOSEST TO HEAVEN WITHOUT BREAK, UNLESS YOU ARE ABOVE LEVEL 45
FIGHT CACTUARS
PLAY THE GAME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MALL WITH SPEAKERS AND MAX VOLUME!!!

Depression Moon
01-24-2011, 09:13 PM
You know you don't have to draw 100 of any spell. I don't ever bother with that I just play the game.
You don;t have to be on level 50 or 45 to go to Hell and Heaven islands. It would be tough, but you could eliminate it by giving initiative to a near death Quistis and have her use degenerate for an easy kill.

Hollycat
01-24-2011, 09:19 PM
You know you don't have to draw 100 of any spell. I don't ever bother with that I just play the game.
You don;t have to be on level 50 or 45 to go to Hell and Heaven islands. It would be tough, but you could eliminate it by giving initiative to a near death Quistis and have her use degenerate for an easy kill.

true, but I was saying how to make the game easy, you can equip a break to your weapon, and spam death by stone to the enemy. or you can use squalls limit breaks and spam mass deaths.
or you can just beat the crap out of everything, your choice.

my challenge that I prescribe (completely possible, did it on my first playthrough) is to:
never use 1 spell
never use a limit break (I didn't know how)
never upgrade from starting weapons

Peegee
01-24-2011, 10:54 PM
This might be jumping the gun but the game has a lot of replay value if you want to finish things. First, the scaling allows you to minimize on encounters until you level up Diablos' no-enc, thus making all the bosses easier. Or you can grind to 100 and max out stats using the card game feature + the +stat purchases

The story is very tedious and silly - I don't know if it is supposed to fit some sort of uber kawaii japanese stereotype that was the style at the time, but I couldn't relate to anybody. Ugh

But yeah, try playing it. It's fun, and Zell has the best / strongest limit break in the game.

Roogle
01-24-2011, 11:01 PM
I found the game to be very enjoyable when I used Gameshark codes to eliminate the tedium of drawing spells and other repetitive actions.

If you dislike Triple Triad and other aspects of the game, you may want to look into playing the game with a game enhancing device to see if that will help you find more to enjoy in the story and the gameplay.

Khimbar2775
01-25-2011, 02:49 PM
or try this:
never level up once. at all. ever.

its possible. ASAP you need to learn Card from Quetzacoatl. when used on enemien wtih low hp, they get turned into cards. also, you no longer gain xp but you DO gain ap so you can keep learning new abilities for your GFs. your next best friend will be the abilities that convert items into magic/convert magic into more powerful magic.

basically, card everything and convert cards/items into super crazy strong magic that you shouldnt have at certain points of the game and rape everything with super stats while still being minimum level.