PDA

View Full Version : Birth by Sleep: Final Mix New Secret Ending

Ouch!
01-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Massive spoilers, although I really think that goes without saying. Definitely worth a look.

If I'm interpreting this properly, it looks like we've got another game besides Kingdom Hearts 3D to look forward to. Birth by Sleep: Volume Two. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORkF1Z1cdRk)

Depression Moon
01-25-2011, 12:35 AM
Oh, lord!

McLovin'
01-25-2011, 01:53 AM
A FRAGMENTARY PASSAGE.

lolwut. I swear KH should get the award for most made up phrases and words that try to sound deep. THE LIGHT. THE DARKNESS. THE LIGHT IN YOUR HEART TO KEEP THE DARKNESS AWAY.

Hollycat
01-25-2011, 03:35 AM
BIG NEWS
they're making a bbs volume 2.
the bastards.

Hot Shot
01-25-2011, 09:09 PM
It looks good and all, but I just want KH3! Am I asking for too much?

Ouch!
01-25-2011, 10:04 PM
I sincerely doubt that we will even hear a confirmed announcement that Kingdom Hearts 3 has started development until Final Fantasy Versus XIII is given a Japanese release date. The seven minute trailer was a step in the right direction, but given that they said that XIII-2 would launch before Versus, I imagine we've got some waiting yet.

In the meantime, there's still enough content to make a Birth by Sleep: Volume II an interesting title. By the looks of it, that was the Castle of Dreams in the Realm of Darkness. So it takes place when the heartless start consuming worlds. It may also finally explain how Mickey obtained the keyblade in the Realm of Darkness. We may finally see how the heartless came to be (Terranort only created artificial "emblem" heartless, after all). It will be interesting, I think.

*Devore*
01-26-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm looking forward to it. I hope you can play as Ven, he's my favourite and for me he was the best in a fight.

Ouch!
01-26-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm looking forward to it. I hope you can play as Ven, he's my favourite and for me he was the best in a fight.
I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Given that Ven's heart is inside Sora at the end of Birth by Sleep, it's safe to say that we have seen the last of Ven in a playable capacity until. Given that we do see the scene of Ven's body disappearing from the Chamber of Repose in that scene, I imagine he will be important regardless.

LowCaloriePie
01-27-2011, 02:38 AM
If this game continues with the split storylines, I really hope we get a Mickey Mouse scenario to go through. I'm sure I speak for a lot of players when I say that's something I've wanted since the original game. :)

Del Murder
01-27-2011, 05:04 AM
Yes I'm hoping for that as well. :)

Ouch!
01-27-2011, 06:37 AM
I vaguely remember something about Disney not wanting their characters being directly playable. Then again, Mickey was playable in Kingdom Hearts II. I think it's most likely that we'll play as Aqua as she travels through the Realm of Darkness, where she will likely encounter King Mickey. In the Re:coded secret scene, in his conversation with Mickey, Yen Sid remarks that they only need to find Terra. This would imply that they have already accounted for both Aqua and Ventus. Not a big leap to assume that Mickey met Aqua in the Realm of Darkness.

Still, playable Mickey would be all sorts of win. Nomura did say he wanted to explore Mickey's journey to obtain the keyblade from the Realm of Darkness. He could do that from other points of view, obviously, but that would be the most direct way to go about it.

Hollycat
01-27-2011, 02:51 PM
I wish for a kingdom hearts game completely free of disney characters.
also: because of the messege in the kh2 secret video, we can guess that:
there will be a keyblade war game that takes place immediatly after bbs, because the video said before kh1, before the keyblade wars, was bbs

Ouch!
01-27-2011, 03:04 PM
The Keyblade Wars took place years and years before Birth by Sleep. In Birth by Sleep, Master Xehanort explains that the Keyblade War was fought over the light of Kingdom Hearts a long time ago. After the war ended, the worlds were separated. He was trying to start another Keyblade War by using Vanitas and Ventus to create the X-blade, which can open Kingdom Hearts.

Hollycat
01-27-2011, 03:09 PM
the video said another will happen.

LowCaloriePie
01-27-2011, 03:21 PM
I wish for a kingdom hearts game completely free of disney characters.

Missing the point entirely? I guess that could work if they did a Keyblade Wars game, but most of what makes Kingdom Hearts unique is the incorporation of Disney characters.

Ouch!
01-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Yes, but that's more likely referring to Kingdom Hearts 3. There was no second Keyblade War between Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts. The reference from Kairi's grandmother was to the original war.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-27-2011, 06:33 PM
The video is no longer up. Disney got it taken down. :(

LowCaloriePie
01-28-2011, 02:23 AM

YouTube - Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix Secret Ending - Zero Point (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsQyrBdn9PM)

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-28-2011, 02:37 AM

YouTube - Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix Secret Ending - Zero Point (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsQyrBdn9PM)

I love you? :D?

EDIT: Seems like BbSII takes places in the background of the other games, what we didn't see/what went on off screen in the other games. At least it is alluding to that. Seems like Aqua will be important to it too?

LowCaloriePie
01-28-2011, 03:40 AM
I'm super excited for this game, and even more excited if it comes out within the next year or so. :)

Del Murder
01-30-2011, 12:35 AM
Birth By Sleep was perhaps my favorite Kingdom Hearts game yet so I am pretty stoked to see there might be another one. It looks like Aqua will be the main player in this game. At the very least she will have a prominent role.

Is there any translation as to what Aqua says in the video?

Something I wondered too. Why doesn't Aqua age in the world of darkness?

LowCaloriePie
01-30-2011, 12:44 AM
Something I wondered too. Why doesn't Aqua age in the world of darkness? Perhaps they were too lazy to make a new model for the secret ending?

Ouch!
01-30-2011, 03:34 PM
Something I wondered too. Why doesn't Aqua age in the world of darkness? Perhaps they were too lazy to make a new model for the secret ending?
That's one possibility, and it's what I initially thought. But given her dialogue and DiZ's dialogue regarding the Realm of Darkness, an alternate explanation might be that time doesn't function the same way there. If this is the case, it might explain why we saw scenes taking place over such a span of time in Zero Point.

Jessweeee♪
01-31-2011, 07:53 AM
I don't quite understand the connection between Ven/Vanitas and Sora. It's not a stretch to say that it was Sora that helped out Ven in the beginning, but that doesn't really explain why Ventus and Vanitas already had the same appearance as Roxas and Sora respectively. The "I am who I am" line and the LOTS OF SORAS RAINING DOWN in the 3DS trailer has me expecting a FFVII-esque twist.

Ouch!
01-31-2011, 03:19 PM
It's been confirmed in the Ultimania that the heart in the first scene of Birth by Sleep at Destiny Islands is when Sora and Ventus first come into contact. Apparently it happens right when Sora's heart was born. If this is the case, it may not be that Ventus and Vanitas look like Sora but rather that Sora looks like Ventus and Vanitas.

I'm sure Nomura's got some explanation planned for us either way. As complicated (arguably convoluted) as the plot has gotten over the years, they've done a fairly remarkable job of explaining the important questions.

Wolf Kanno
02-04-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm pretty psyched for this game. I know I'm in the minority but I really have no desire to play as Sora again so I don't mind the wait for KH3 if it means I get to play as the characters I actually like.

Mostly, I like the idea this game may be taking place in the Realm of Darkness cause there is so little we know about it and maybe Nomura's team will explain why the DTD/Artificial KH is necessary when every villain has shown the ability to freely go between both Realms. It's been one of the biggest plotholes in the series. I also really loved Aqua so a game that might be starring her (and possibly Mickey) is much appreciated, especially if it uses BBS' battle system of total awesomness.

Jessweeee♪
02-06-2011, 06:42 AM
I like Sora, but I find three of our other four protagonists so far to be more interesting. I think Roxas has been my favorite. It'll be interesting to have a game just for Aqua o: