PDA

View Full Version : You know yer old when...

Jiro
01-27-2011, 03:41 AM
I was just casually doing whatever when I realised that the Welcome thread was started by rubah who is no longer on staff :(

But seriously, you know yer old when the important/welcome/FAQ thread is started by a former staffer.

Tell us stuff that helps you know yer old. It can be anything. Like you know yer old when you find a grey hair -- but you're bald.

Clo
01-27-2011, 05:22 AM
When you're Shlup.

Raistlin
01-27-2011, 05:36 AM
/thread

G13
01-27-2011, 08:12 AM
I've had the feeling of being old twice in the last few days. Once when talking about an old cartoon with my ex-girlfriend, who apparently had never heard of the fucking Thundercats, and the other when my 17 year old friend came into my room and asked what system I was playing. It was a 64. How the hell do you not know what a 64 is, bro?

Jiro
01-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Never watched the Thundercats but I sure as hell have heard of them. And WHO THE FUCK DOESN'T KNOW A 64? That's like, like, not knowing who the hell Ghandi Darth Vader is. UNFORGIVABLE.

G13
01-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Kids don't know what it means to be a gamer anymore! It's all thanks to these newfangled whatsamajiggers... three hundred and sixty's? Aw whatever, I'm gonna go take a nap. My hip is actin' up.

Hollycat
01-27-2011, 03:13 PM
you know you're living in a different generation when you talk about crash bandicoot (the old games)and no one has any idea who that is

escobert
01-27-2011, 11:42 PM
do all of you hang out with 13 year olds or something?

sharkythesharkdogg
01-28-2011, 12:59 AM
All of you can die it boating accident, because I thought I was ONLY 30, and you're all complaining about being old. I bet you're all younger than me. Now I feel like I need a state appointed legal caretaker to cut up my food, and keep me in diapers. Jerks. :irked:

EDIT: I actually checked, and you ARE all younger than me. I'm going to go price out some burial plots......:lol:

Hollycat
01-28-2011, 03:31 AM
I am way younger than you, but I've always asociated with the other generations anyways. I still enjoy breaking out pong

G13
01-28-2011, 04:15 AM
All of you can die it boating accident, because I thought I was ONLY 30, and you're all complaining about being old. I bet you're all younger than me. Now I feel like I need a state appointed legal caretaker to cut up my food, and keep me in diapers. Jerks. :irked:

EDIT: I actually checked, and you ARE all younger than me. I'm going to go price out some burial plots......:lol:

Look at you! Using the internet and all that. Wow, it's great to see people your age branching out and trying new things. :)

sharkythesharkdogg
01-28-2011, 01:51 PM
^^ shaddup! I'm gonna go play my virtual boy, and speed up my eventual blindness.

Hollycat
01-28-2011, 03:01 PM
you know your old when you think atari is high tech

Jiro
01-29-2011, 10:47 AM

They're impressionable, and where I come from, most of the girls already have breasts.

So yeah

Timekeeper
01-29-2011, 12:56 PM
I can't think of anything that's made me feel old in such a way.

But, uhhhh :/

Hot Shot
01-29-2011, 01:30 PM
you know you're living in a different generation when you talk about crash bandicoot (the old games)and no one has any idea who that is

I got it on PSN and my girlfriend was like, "What game is that? It looks really old." I was like :O How can you not know about Crash Bandicoot? It's Sony's answer to Mario/Sonic. It was the first game I got on the good old PlayStation.

Edit: LMAO, I just saw what you wrote Jiro! I dunno if I should be laughing or silently judging :/ I think I'll do both.

Remon
01-29-2011, 02:39 PM
You know you're old when you live in a generation that does not know what Tiger Mask, Attacker you!, or Marmalade Boy are T_T.

NorthernChaosGod
01-29-2011, 06:39 PM

They're impressionable, and where I come from, most of the girls already have breasts.

So yeah
I think it's time I passed on my title to you, Dak.

Renmiri
01-29-2011, 09:35 PM

Pfft, I beat you by 10 years :p

Now where are my reading glasses ?

Jiro
01-30-2011, 01:05 AM
I'm kidding, they have to be at least 16. That's still inside my standard creepiness rating and they're legal. But man, some of the jailbait is good here.

Crash Bandicoot is amazing. Anyone who doesn't know Crash is a heathen. I used to do his dance all the time. Woombada

Timekeeper
01-30-2011, 01:40 AM
But man, some of the jailbait is good here.

Moving on, I easily know who Crash is, but I'm not a huge fan, am I too a heathen?

sharkythesharkdogg
01-30-2011, 04:44 PM

Pfft, I beat you by 10 years :p

Now where are my reading glasses ?

aaahhh, the good old video game days where I could kill months at a time playing a game with 8 pixels. Now nothing can keep my attention for much more than an hour. Must be the senility kicking in. Where's my creamed corn and my hot assisted living nurse?

EDIT: I got back from a party at 5 this morning. So anyone looking for the answer of when you're old enough to know better, I think it's actually when you're smart enough. I'm not smart.

Hollycat
01-30-2011, 09:51 PM
But man, some of the jailbait is good here.

Moving on, I easily know who Crash is, but I'm not a huge fan, am I too a heathen?

Yes you are, but it can be fixed by palying crash bandicoot 2, you will become an insta-fan

Jessweeee♪
01-31-2011, 12:40 AM
When you know what lye soap is.

Hollycat
01-31-2011, 01:36 AM
who doesnt know that, try something harder

NorthernChaosGod
01-31-2011, 03:11 AM

Why would that make you old? O_o

sharkythesharkdogg
01-31-2011, 03:14 AM

I've never had one, but if you can remember the cans of soda that had a pull tab, instead of one that pushes in.

Or for people who like ATV's, the glory days of three wheelers. Before they outlawed them for the death traps they are.

Hollycat
01-31-2011, 04:50 AM
ATV's are as close to death Traps as toothpicks are to monkeys

fire_of_avalon
01-31-2011, 11:39 PM
My cousin had a three wheeler.

I'm pretty freaking old for this place, but at least I'm not old as Sharky ;)

Hollycat
02-01-2011, 12:14 AM
Oh, I had your statement mixed around. Yeah the glory days, they're still happening here.

Something that makes me seem old just because I have good memory:
I remember gas being $1.28 a gallon

NorthernChaosGod
02-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Please, I remember places where gas was below a dollar. I remember thinking my cousin filling up for $20 was absolutely insane.

I can't fill up for less than $60 now. :|

Hollycat
02-01-2011, 12:24 AM
I remember refusing to let my parents take me to the movies on my birthday after seeing on the news that gas was up to 2 bucks a gallon

EDIT: switch your av back, or I'll tell Mr. T

NorthernChaosGod
02-01-2011, 12:30 AM

What?

Hollycat
02-01-2011, 01:22 AM

What?

I don't know, I'm used to your old av

NorthernChaosGod
02-01-2011, 01:25 AM
I didn't even have the taco avatar that long. xD

Hollycat
02-01-2011, 01:28 AM
the one before that actually

sharkythesharkdogg
02-01-2011, 03:33 AM
My cousin had a three wheeler.

I'm pretty freaking old for this place, but at least I'm not old as Sharky ;)

HEY! Geographically, you're like family! Stabbed in the back by my own southern sister!

I was old and weak anyway. Slowing down the herd. :p

And Cactuar, I call 'em ATV's or Fourwheelers, but most other areas of the English speaking world call them quads I think. I was referring to the ones that only had three wheels and flipped over if you so much as sneezed near it. So much fun as a kid.

When grandpa Sharky started driving, you could have your full license by age 15 and gas was still around .80 cents a gallon. Of course I started flying before I could drive because the war was going on and Uncle Same drafted me to go fight the Martians in the Pacific Theater. It was a grand theater with two full balconies, and rich luxurious red velvet curtains that framed the screen. Of course the theater moved into the city once the city was built. And where the big city was, it was all apple trees. Miles and miles of apple trees. You could court a woman anytime except harvest time. All hands were needed in the field if the woman-folk were to get the canning done before winter hit. You had to make sure every apple was picked or buried. If you left them out during winter it would attract mammoths, and when you have mammoths you get packs of Utah Raptors. It's possible to charm a raptor if you coat a hay penny in thin layer of paraffin wax, and use it as candle to dazzle the raptor. We used to use them to plow the fields, and plant hay for more pennies. Circle of commerce.

But back to courting a lady. It wasn't considered appropriate for the a lady to show more than her ankle or she'd be branded a harlot and a jezebel. The whole town would gather around to stone her to death and then have a picnic. Rhubarb pie, Jalapeno corn bread, pig's feet, and stone mill gravy. mmm mmm.

And that's why we won the war..........

Wait, where am I? :confused:

Blue Harvest
02-01-2011, 01:37 PM
I feel old. I can't stay up late anymore, I can't drink without feeling sleepy, my back hurts, I miss the good old days, and those damn kids today have no respect for their elders. And the worst thing is, I work with a bunch of 40-60 year olds who beat me for complaining about being old :(

Jiro
02-03-2011, 06:52 AM
Oh man, you got it bad Harvey. I'd make a bad taste joke like "they'll be dead soon" but that's bad taste and I'd never do that.

But seriously, complain anyway. Call them whippersnappers if they talk-back.

Jessweeee♪
02-03-2011, 08:05 PM

I know of lye soap, due to often eating with a group of 65 and overs, but I have no extensive knowledge of it. Maybe I should have said "When you know how to make lye soap."

NorthernChaosGod
02-04-2011, 03:22 AM
I learned how in high school chemistry. :(

Jiro
02-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Julian's been old since he was 14. That's why he's such a creeper.

I was playing some blops with a friend today and we started trying to figure out how much time (cumulative) we've played video games. I was like "oh man like 13 years now or something" and then he just said "Sega" and I said "oh fuck" because that adds another 2-3 years. I'M FUCKING OLD NOW GUYS