PDA

View Full Version : Why does EVERYBODY think that this line depends on name change?

MJN SEIFER
01-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Cloud: Who is Nanaki?
Guard: Nanaki is Nanaki. That's his name
Everyone thinks the line only happens if you name Red XIII "Nanaki" ahead of time. However, that's not true! The line is never; "Nanaki is Red XIII. That's his name" or vice verca, it is always Nanaki both times. The guard is supposed to be stating the obvious - he doesn't understand how Cloud could have travelled with Nanaki, and not asked his name.

Also on the subject, why doesn't Nanaki say he has a name anyway? He's all like "Just call me what you want." after stating that Hojo already called him Red XIII - a simple experiment based name. Why give Cloud the luxury of either sticking to the name given by a man he hated (he says he hates Hojo later on), or deciding to give him a much worse name? Or does he just not care what he's called?

Finally, would anyone besides me have liked it if there had been an extra line included in the first meating with Red XIII if you did choose to name him Nanaki? Even if it was just a simple "How did you know that?!".

Shaibana
01-27-2011, 08:00 PM
lol idd, i kept all the names as they were given,
and the guard says ''nanaki is nanaki''

and yes, that would have been funny :P

Jessweeee♪
01-27-2011, 08:29 PM
It's even funnier when people talk about how they gave characters a name that breaks the character limit!

Shaibana
01-28-2011, 09:55 AM
huh? so yr saying that some ppl claim that certain names 'give more power'?? xD

the inmagenination some ppl have.. :P
just like in a other (online) game.. some1 believed u would get more points if u give the room a certain name ^^

Hollycat
01-28-2011, 03:40 PM
no character limit, as in they are lying and saying they named someone something that was too long for the game to allow, for example:
FAKE: I named Cloud mrpantyfluffyjoodle

Shaibana
01-31-2011, 08:12 AM
ow haha lik that :P

G13
01-31-2011, 12:38 PM
Finally, would anyone besides me have liked it if there had been an extra line included in the first meating with Red XIII if you did choose to name him Nanaki? Even if it was just a simple "How did you know that?!".

I always thought that would have been pretty cool. They did it for the scene in the rocket should you get the code for the Big Materia right the first time, so why couldn't they do it for Nanaki's name?

Jiro
02-01-2011, 06:23 AM
I don't know why I thought it was dependant. Not something I really focused on though. Nanaki always has been Nanaki for me. Except when he was Red Guy

Fynn
02-01-2011, 07:26 AM
I think what people might have meant was that the meaning behind the line changed. Once you named him Nanaki and everybody refers to him as Nanaki, you get used to it, and Cloud's "Who's Nanaki?" seems out of place, while "Nanaki is Nanaki." makes more sense. :)