PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on Iceland in early May?

Silent Warrior
01-31-2011, 10:23 AM
I wasn't sure where else I could post this with a straight face. See, I'm graduating this spring (woo!) from Iceland's Academy of the Arts (lhi.is (http://www.lhi.is) - essentially minuscule departments for most artforms and architecture brought together under one administration to make running them a credible bother), music-department, playing the horn as my major, and as part of that I'll give a concert which appears to be mostly set for 9/5. If anyone of you happens to be in the general area and wouldn't mind rounding off the day with some music written for the horn, do swing by. I don't think there will be an entrance fee - isn't usually the case - but now the school isn't paying this bill anymore. Most likely not.

And, hm, there will be no need for the whole community to turn up! It's possible I'll have (at least?) half a dozen relatives coming, maybe a friend or two from back home, other kids from school (hey, I'm older'n most of 'em!), maybe even a small delegation from ISO (it's a small community, and my teacher works there) - and the target venue expects to seat around 80. Mkay? There will probably be a webradio kind of stream - they like to do that.

If you like to have the most up-to-date information on this, it's safest to contact me on Facebook (I just created an event, and all): Arve Eriksson
(My profile picture should look quite purple.)

Peegee
01-31-2011, 04:41 PM
Sadly in May I will be drunk and in a sewer in New York City, but let me be the first to congratulate you!

Rantz
01-31-2011, 04:59 PM
I've long wanted to visit Iceland and I'm planning to someday, but May is not a good time unfortunately. But let me be the second to congratulate you!

Jiro
02-01-2011, 06:37 AM
If Iceland wasn't a $1500 plane ticket away, I would come listen to you jam on the horn. I realise jamming probably isn't the word, but congrats on a job well done in any case.

Silent Warrior
02-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Thanks, guys! (...?) :)

Now I'll just bugger off and have my essay printed, and all...

Shiny
02-04-2011, 03:21 AM
No u come here.

Cuchulainn
02-05-2011, 01:58 AM
I'm sorry I instinctively read Ireland. My interest in your topic died a quick death once I seen it was a C n not an R.

Watch out for volcanos & psychopathic singers while you're there.

I bid you gooday madam