PDA

View Full Version : Examples of voices before FFX.

MJN SEIFER
01-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Even though Pre-X FF have been text based RPGs, that has not stopped Square from including voices in someway. These are the examples I can think of:

FFs V, VII, VIII, and IX, have all contained songs with audible lyrics, if this counts.
You can hear a voice say "Chocobo!" in FFVI before the traditional theme starts. Interestingly it is pronounced "Chock-oh-bo" here. FFX onwards pronounces it a different way.
The first appearance of the Highwind in FFVII is met with real voices, which blend into the sound effects - I think they're supposed to be airport anouncements.
It's not speaking, but there's no denying that you can hear Kefka laughing in FFVI.

Any other examples?

Remon
01-31-2011, 06:13 PM
EDIT rephrase xD

There were voices in FFT. When the characters died in battle you would hear their scream. I think it's what made the game a little bit cooler :P

Roogle
01-31-2011, 08:25 PM
FFs V, VII, VIII, and IX, have all contained songs with audible lyrics, if this counts.
It's not speaking, but there's no denying that you can hear Kefka laughing in FFVI.

Final Fantasy VI contained sound effects for the singers of the opera at the opera house that were only used for those specific scenes. The voices, however, sound like they may just simply be a synthesized instrument made to sound similar to a human voice. I classify those sound effects in the same realm as Kefka and his laughter.