PDA

View Full Version : Children

Manny
02-04-2011, 04:09 AM
I used to want them, but after living with my little sisters for six months... I have seriously reconsidered my desire to reproduce.

I can't even stand having a needy dog, let alone a couple of crotch droppings clinging to me like little spiders, wanting things, pestering me, asking endless questions.

Am I terrible person? Maybe. Will I ever be cured of this condition? Doubtful.

Do I hate children? No. I don't have violent thoughts about them, nor do I think they should be exterminated. (Not all of them anyway...) I just have come to realize that I can't even commit to keeping a pet. Babies are out of the question.

Your thoughts about children?

Clo
02-04-2011, 04:22 AM
I didn't want children before, but observing my godson grow up has made me never, ever want children, as much as I love him. He's a year and a half now, and the son of a childhood friend of mine. He is her life. She works all day, comes home, and he owns every second until her mother or his father takes him away from her. He's dirty, with the whole snot-running, pooping thing, he's needy, he cries about everything, he needs to be constantly watched.

The idea of something dominating my life like that is horrifying to me.

Plus, after wiping snot from their nose, they'll just grow up to call you a bitch.

If I want something to love me and for me to look after and care, I can get a wide variety of pets. Which won't live as long or need insurance!

Raistlin
02-04-2011, 04:33 AM
How the hell can you be considered a terrible person for not wanting kids? You shouldn't have kids unless you want to have kids. And even then, it's far more wrong and self-absorbed to have kids because you want to, but without the financial means and ability to raise them.

I don't want kids, ever. I never have, and more than likely never will. Even though I like kids and have been told constantly that I am great with them, I don't want my life taken over by them. It is truly a life-altering decision, and I'd rather live my own life. I think too many people are of the mind-set that everyone should have kids (or at least should want to), based on the number of people who are utterly shocked and disbelieving when I say I don't want to have children.

Peegee
02-04-2011, 04:40 AM
I think it's more likely I'll get a wife and a kid instead of just a kid. I would love to have a mixed kid, preferably a daughter. It will be awesome and she will be spoiled rotten and I'd love her

I don't have anything nearly as romantic for a woman. They tend to just irritate me and I don't think a lot of the people I know would be good mothers.

Jessweeee♪
02-04-2011, 04:51 AM
Never! When you have a child, you cease to exist. It is all about the child. Unless you're negligent of course. I want to have a life of my own. And I don't want to be a baby factory :(

Bunny
02-04-2011, 05:13 AM
I want six kids. I will make them all in my image.

NorthernChaosGod
02-04-2011, 05:28 AM
I want kids, not for a long Goddamned time from now though.

Father of the year. All years.

~*~Celes~*~
02-04-2011, 09:10 AM
i love kids and can't wait till i can have my own <3

Remon
02-04-2011, 07:10 PM
I want to have kids. I want 3 actually. Two boys and a girl. This desire has it's roots from my childhood when i was the only one in the neighborhood who had no siblings. I used to feel so alone. My children will not have to feel lonely though :heart:.
But yeah i want to live my life first. So children will have to wait till the 30s.

Chris
02-04-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm not having any kids either. Not because I thoroughly dislike children, but because I just don't feel like it. Also, having even one kid is grossly expensive, so the thought of having more than that is just daunting.

Parker
02-04-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm not having kids because I am ugly

Shlup
02-04-2011, 09:31 PM
I want children. Now. But I will also have a lot of help caring for them. Ashley doesn't want her own kids, so we're going to share mine.

Shiny
02-04-2011, 10:17 PM
I'm not ready to have children anytime soon. I'm way too self-absorbed at the moment like most of the other people in here. Right now trying to focus on getting a stable career and gaining more independence before thinking about impregnate. To be quite honest, I only really like a few children. My niece and nephew who are little :bou::bou::bou::bou:s sometimes, some random baby I met on the train, and my sister when she's not being a little :bou::bou::bou::bou:. That's about it so far.

EDIT: Oh, and that girl from Kick Ass and Let Me In seems cool.

Peegee
02-04-2011, 10:17 PM
I want children. Now. But I will also have a lot of help caring for them. Ashley doesn't want her own kids, so we're going to share mine.

Kids need lots of parental figures. I approve of this news 100% :D:D:D

Manny
02-05-2011, 09:02 PM
I didn't want children before, but observing my godson grow up has made me never, ever want children, as much as I love him. He's a year and a half now, and the son of a childhood friend of mine. He is her life. She works all day, comes home, and he owns every second until her mother or his father takes him away from her. He's dirty, with the whole snot-running, pooping thing, he's needy, he cries about everything, he needs to be constantly watched.

The idea of something dominating my life like that is horrifying to me.

Plus, after wiping snot from their nose, they'll just grow up to call you a bitch.

If I want something to love me and for me to look after and care, I can get a wide variety of pets. Which won't live as long or need insurance!

My thoughts are more or less identical. "Horrifying" is an aptly used term. It makes me shudder. I love my little sisters. They're sweet, cute kids, but I don't think a lot of people realize what they're getting themselves into. I've been living here for six months and have spent hours and hours watching them whine at their mother, cling to her, beg her, claw at her for her attention every second of every day. When you're a child it's hard to see that your mother is an entire person, not just someone at your beck and call but I sure as hell am not going to squeeze one out just to be its slave for eighteen years and then spend at least another decade being resented by it for fucking it up in some way. I practically die inside when I'm left alone with the kids for when my dad and step-mom both have to work. Again, it's not that they're brats. They're both adorable. But they're so goddamn NEEDY. I can barely take care of myself send stay sane. Taking care of another person and facing the responsibility of helping them became something resembling an interesting, mildly decent human is just too much.

And the snot wiping thing? Yeah.

fire_of_avalon
02-06-2011, 01:41 AM
I want to have kids if I ever meet a person who I'd be willing to have kids with and they'd be willing to have kids with me which the older I get is less likely to happen and I'm already 25 and my friends have babies and are getting married and I watch a lot of MMA and eat ice cream and eventually I'm going to be that friend that my parent friends won't come see or let their kids come see because all I do is stare longingly at their family units and offer them outrageously huge amounts of ice cream.

Manny
02-07-2011, 02:49 AM
I want to have kids if I ever meet a person who I'd be willing to have kids with and they'd be willing to have kids with me which the older I get is less likely to happen and I'm already 25 and my friends have babies and are getting married and I watch a lot of MMA and eat ice cream and eventually I'm going to be that friend that my parent friends won't come see or let their kids come see because all I do is stare longingly at their family units and offer them outrageously huge amounts of ice cream.

My friend FB stalks another one of friend's babies because she's a baby nut and can't have any yet.

NeoCracker
02-07-2011, 03:17 AM
Never! When you have a child, you cease to exist. It is all about the child. Unless you're negligent of course.

So, I'm playing a game of Anima tonight (A table top RPG midn you) with a few guys, one of which has three kids, the other has two.

We do this weekly, as well as I hang out with them and play some online games with the one with three kids once or twice a week. His wife also gets out fairly regulary to do things.

The wife of the other guy not so much, but it's not so much she has kids (She's my sister) but she's put herself in a fairly bad position, though on an occasion she get's out. I won't go into it, but yeah, what's keeping her from getting out is not her kids.

Point in case, I call BS on the 'cease to exist' thing, as you can make time for yourself.

No, it's not as much time, and yes, its a massively life altering decision, but that's a really silly extreme. It only applies to the people who don't have the means of raising a kid when they have one that get no time to themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I still don't want kids, and you're not wrong for not wanting them. I'm just saying it IS possible to both have kids AND live your own life. It's not a spectacular feet to pull it off, just make sure you have the means before having the kid.

Rostum
02-07-2011, 04:08 AM
I'd love to have a daughter and a son eventually. But I want to be financially stable before we decide to have kids.

Jiro
02-07-2011, 06:24 AM
I'd treat my kids like I treat my RPG characters -- they must achieve max stats in as many areas as possible otherwise they sit on the bench and I ignore them. Also they must be beautiful.

Yar
02-07-2011, 06:26 AM
I'm just going to adopt Jiro and be one of those stay-in-bed mothers

Rantz
02-07-2011, 07:35 AM
I'd treat my kids like I treat my RPG characters -- they must achieve max stats in as many areas as possible otherwise they sit on the bench and I ignore them. Also they must be beautiful.

"Here, take this sword... now FIGHT THIS PLANT!!!"

Jiro
02-07-2011, 07:43 AM
And I'll give them gold coins every time. AKA bribing kids to weed the garden

NorthernChaosGod
02-07-2011, 03:38 PM
And I'll give them gold coins every time. AKA bribing kids to weed the garden

Tell them going to school is to level up their INT stat.

Jiro
02-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Now I just have to hope my kids love gaming as much as I do, otherwise I'm smurfed :(

EDIT: this is what happens when like 80% of your life skills are learned through video games

Mirage
02-07-2011, 04:16 PM
I want to have children one day, but I don't want the first 4 years of them. Those are just annoying.

Old Manus
02-07-2011, 04:24 PM
I want children because spending the next fifty years of my life doing a boring 9 to 5 then going home for the evening only to do it all again the next day is the REAL horrifying thought. You need something to live for.

Cuchulainn
02-07-2011, 04:42 PM
I want to have 7 kids, All supported by the tax payer while i pretend I can't get a job.

NorthernChaosGod
02-07-2011, 07:07 PM
I want to have 7 kids, All supported by the tax payer while i pretend I can't get a job.

You're my hero.

Jiro
02-08-2011, 06:46 AM
I want to have children one day, but I don't want the first 4 years of them. Those are just annoying.

Adopt.

kotora
02-08-2011, 07:56 AM

Adopt.

No just lock them into a closet for the first 4 years. Just make sure to shove them their food through a lid a few times a day and you're set.

Jiro
02-08-2011, 09:19 AM
But some people would cry child abuse and then you'd have to worry about cops and :bou::bou::bou::bou:. Fucking neighbours couldn't just keep their mouths shut. Make sure you shiv your neighbours.

NorthernChaosGod
02-09-2011, 12:30 AM
But some people would cry child abuse and then you'd have to worry about cops and :bou::bou::bou::bou:. Fucking neighbours couldn't just keep their mouths shut. Make sure you shiv your neighbours.

Fritzl Jr.?

Bunny
02-09-2011, 12:35 AM
But some people would cry child abuse and then you'd have to worry about cops and :bou::bou::bou::bou:. smurfing neighbours couldn't just keep their mouths shut. Make sure you shiv your neighbours.

That's why you scare your children from a young age into thinking that they don't want to go outside and they want to be in a closet for the first four years of their life (or more). It's not child abuse if it's their idea!

Proxy
02-10-2011, 06:07 PM
How the hell can you be considered a terrible person for not wanting kids? You shouldn't have kids unless you want to have kids. And even then, it's far more wrong and self-absorbed to have kids because you want to, but without the financial means and ability to raise them.

yup! Well played sir. Actually what I was going to say.

I have 2 kids and today is my son's first birthday actually! Happy birthday baby Proxy!

escobert
02-10-2011, 11:20 PM

<3

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-14-2011, 07:01 PM
I've helped raise my two little brothers. The thought of doing that all over again is too much for me. I'm done. Besides that, I'm too selfish with my time.

also this:

When you ask people why they want children, they all tend to say the same thing. "I want to bring something in to this world and say that I created them, I want someone to love and depend on me" etc etc. Those are really just selfish excuses. We have a bunch of kids in foster homes globally, and instead of taking care of those kids who already exist, we want to bring more people in to existence all so you can say to yourself "hey that looks like me, that's my child, that's my creation". And really, genetically, outside of maybe a few physical traits, there's really nothing unique about your kid. There are only a few blood types, they eat and crap the same way as everyone else....it's just another human being.

Jentleness
02-16-2011, 06:11 AM
When I got married I inherited 3 little kids. I can tell you that raising other people's children is only rewarding once they have grown up and moved away. I like my step children a whole lot more now that I only see them on special occasions.

However, having Jolene was the most awesomest thing that I have ever done! She has been a joy to me from the day she was born. There has never been a time when I thought that I would have enjoyed life better if I had not been saddled down with her, in fact I have never felt like she was a saddle in the first place.

My point is, you will never really know the joys of having a child until you actually have one of your own. One that is half you and grows up to look and act the same way you do!!! Trust me, there is no comparable experience to that! :)

Peegee
02-16-2011, 06:18 PM
When I got married I inherited 3 little kids. I can tell you that raising other people's children is only rewarding once they have grown up and moved away. I like my step children a whole lot more now that I only see them on special occasions.

However, having Jolene was the most awesomest thing that I have ever done! She has been a joy to me from the day she was born. There has never been a time when I thought that I would have enjoyed life better if I had not been saddled down with her, in fact I have never felt like she was a saddle in the first place.

My point is, you will never really know the joys of having a child until you actually have one of your own. One that is half you and grows up to look and act the same way you do!!! Trust me, there is no comparable experience to that! :)

Jam Jam Jen!

Unbreakable Will
02-17-2011, 04:45 AM
I don't think you're a bad person for not wanting kids, in the past I didn't want kids either. But now that I've got a little girl on the way it's changed how I think about it :)

Jentleness
02-17-2011, 05:08 AM
Jam Jam Jen!

Pure Ghetto! ASL?