PDA

View Full Version : This is just... beautifull

MJN SEIFER
02-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Do yourselves a favor, and listen to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmbgCBZ86z4), I can't believe how beautiful it is, not only does it use one of my favorite FF tracks, but she manages to capture the moment with her lyrics (written by herself) and her voices is just breath taking - I got really emotional listening to this... :love:

She's done a few others, but this is her best in my opinion. ALso, sorry if someone's already posted this before, I wouldn't suprised if it was to be honest - something this good, can't be hidden from the world for very long.

Depression Moon
02-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Someone posted her Rose of May one, but to tell you the truth I don't like her stuff.

Remon
02-06-2011, 08:52 PM
She's amazing :love:

cloud_doll
02-07-2011, 01:14 AM
Wow I really like her! Her voice is soo beautiful, and I love the way she composes the music.
My favourite isa this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-as6Kbcj4c)!
(Too bad Cloud's in love with Aeris :roll2 )
but still, the lyrics were really touching and I love how she based them on the original game.

Dreddz
02-07-2011, 05:55 PM
This is one of those instances where I can appreciate how good the vocals are but simply can't stand listening to it. I prefer listening the FF music just as it is.

Jiro
02-13-2011, 07:17 AM
I don't mind that at all. I might have to look into a few more of them!

DMKA
02-14-2011, 01:49 AM
I really like it, though...is that really from FFIX? I don't recognize it at all or remember that game having any music near that awesome.

Her English version of Suteki da Ne is really pretty.

Hollycat
02-14-2011, 03:13 AM
its blocked

MJN SEIFER
02-14-2011, 05:03 PM
I really like it, though...is that really from FFIX? I don't recognize it at all or remember that game having any music near that awesome.

Her English version of Suteki da Ne is really pretty.

It's when Zidane finds out from Garland who he really is, and decides to continue alone without his friends, and they're all following and supporting him.

Hollycat
02-14-2011, 05:39 PM
It's still blocked...
sad face.
I'm gonna go listen to my Utada tracks

MJN SEIFER
02-14-2011, 06:34 PM
It's still blocked...
sad face.
I'm gonna go listen to my Utada tracks

It's working for me - what does YouTube say?

Hollycat
02-14-2011, 06:51 PM
no, youtube is blocked

MJN SEIFER
02-14-2011, 08:58 PM
no, youtube is blocked

Really?! How come? Do you mean just for you, or is it whatever country your in or something?

jdj5585
02-14-2011, 09:10 PM
I do love FF remix music :)

Hollycat
02-15-2011, 03:47 PM
no, youtube is blocked

Really?! How come? Do you mean just for you, or is it whatever country your in or something?
Hahaha, no I live in the USA, my school went ahead and preloaded Forticlient onto all the laptops, the worst idea ever made, it wont even let me check my email at home

MJN SEIFER
02-15-2011, 08:12 PM
no, youtube is blocked

Hahaha, no I live in the USA, my school went ahead and preloaded Forticlient onto all the laptops, the worst idea ever made, it wont even let me check my email at home

Ah, I see. I take it your lap top is your only computer at the moment then? That sucks if so...

Skyblade
02-17-2011, 07:10 AM
Awesome, but I think that her "Rose of May" is still my favorite of hers. She has a lovely voice, though.

Ouch!
02-22-2011, 12:42 AM
Never really been a fan of her work. She has a good voice, but eh.

Hollycat
02-22-2011, 03:21 PM
whoever it is, I still like Utada Hikaru more, especially since I can actually listen to her work

Ouch!
02-23-2011, 04:41 AM
Objective: she's a YouTube poster who arranges music from popular Final Fantasy titles and adds lyrics to them.

Subjective: these lyrics are usually meant to in some way reflect the story of the game and as a result come off as pretty corny and stale. Her voice is good, but hardly fantastic. I generally feel about her work the same way I do about fan fiction: if she really had talent, she'd be doing something a little bit more original.

Roogle
02-23-2011, 06:12 PM
I liked her English version of Suteki da Ne. I would have preferred hearing an English version of it in the actual game. I never liked that they said that they kept Suteki da Ne in Japanese for artistic reasons. Its meaning and beauty are mostly lost outside of Japan.

Mirage
02-23-2011, 10:30 PM
I don't think this arrangement is as exciting as the original. It doesn't have a "peak" so to say, so I think it's a bit flat. I don't know what it's called in musical terms or whatnot.

Wolf Kanno
02-25-2011, 04:34 AM
I prefer the original myself. I haven't cared for some of the "lyrical arrangements" that have been done to FF songs not even some of the official ones, but whatever. I prefer listing to the music itself I guess.

MJN SEIFER
02-27-2011, 01:10 AM
Objective: she's a YouTube poster who arranges music from popular Final Fantasy titles and adds lyrics to them.

Subjective: these lyrics are usually meant to in some way reflect the story of the game and as a result come off as pretty corny and stale. Her voice is good, but hardly fantastic. I generally feel about her work the same way I do about fan fiction: if she really had talent, she'd be doing something a little bit more original.

You are of course entitled to your own opinion, but I feel your views on fanfiction are a tad unfair. Some of the fanfictions I have read actually look like they could easilly be part of the actual subject, they are beutifully written, and I genuinly think they could easily be mistaken to be official at times. Also, did you know that many actual writers actually start off with fanfiction? There's more talent to it that it seems.

Secondly, the lyrics to her songs are supposed to only match the game from one angle, if you listen to the "You're Not Alone" song it does indeed fit the moment in the game, but also it works as an actual song, it fits to real life as well, and it really speaks to me, but that's for personal reasons.

Ouch!
02-27-2011, 11:55 PM
Of course there is well-written fan fiction. I'm not saying that everyone who writes fan fiction is automatically a talentless hack (although the vast majority are); I'm merely suggesting that those who are talented enough to write quality fan fiction are squandering their talent in doing so. I generally regard exploring someone else's world as a waste of one's own ability. You even said it yourself: many authors start off with fan fiction. The important part of that is that fan fiction is where they start but it is not where they end.